smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
"Play your game on the go" would mean you can take the console, or the portable part of the console, with you and continue playing the game elsewhere. "Interact with your game on the go" means the portable part has extremely limited autonomy/input/display/hardware and is just a glorified Pokewalker only used to grind on a few minigames (at best) that will then give you bonuses in the full game once you get back home and connect to the actual console.

I'm skeptical of the whole rumor though, and I won't give the slogan any weight until we see some official announcements.
Nintendo Dreamcast.

Reactions: Autz and KiiWii

Autz

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I think I found the appropriate grain of sand to take with this rumor: http://i.imgur.com/nr5vszk.jpg

This sounds very much like someone sitting down and thinking up a plausible rumor. "Interact With Your Game On the Go" in particular sounds very much like something thought up in half a minute, not like one of Nintendo's slogans.

I'll believe it when I see it.

Considering how bad the WiiU marketing was, this could be a thing.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Gcn and wii just from memory. I also don't recall the 3DS launching with a mario game. Or the NES.
The GCN had Luigi's Mansion, which is still a Mario game. You would be right about the Wii though.

The NES launched with SMB in the US and (if you want to go on technicalities) Donkey Kong in JP. The 3DS launched with Super Mario Land.

So yeah, one whole major console didn't have some Mario title on launch day (though there was a Wario launch game on the Wii, but we'll just pretend that doesn't count). I think it's safe to say it's a fair generalization to go with Mario as a launch title.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's only $50 more than the Wii was, or the same as the 3DS launch price. Not bad, if we're getting a 2in1, should that rumor be correct. The 4 games ready for launch is actually the worrying thing, to me, that's not much to go off of. Zelda, Mario, and 2 other random IPs, probably something brand new, and maybe Pilotwings or something cheap to produce. Not very enticing imo.
My guess is another Nintendogs. Attracts casuals, cheap to produce.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The GCN had Luigi's Mansion, which is still a Mario game. You would be right about the Wii though.

The NES launched with SMB in the US and (if you want to go on technicalities) Donkey Kong in JP. The 3DS launched with Super Mario Land.

So yeah, one whole major console didn't have some Mario title on launch day (though there was a Wario launch game on the Wii, but we'll just pretend that doesn't count). I think it's safe to say it's a fair generalization to go with Mario as a launch title.
The 3ds, in fact, did not launch with a Mario title.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: