djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Horrible News as Sony has decided of close the PSN for PSP and on July 2 and Vita on Aug 27.
So make sure everyone downloads everything you want now.
End of an Era

Last edited by djpannda,

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'll go with a big fat massive "Doubt" until Sony themselves announce it. Source: Someone very close to the situation (see, I can say that, too!)

And even if they did remove the ability to buy new games, they're 100% never going to just delete them from their server so you can never download them again. Fear mongering "BETTER DOWNLOAD YOUR GAMES NOW!!!" is silly.

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, it's like that with the wii. you can still download games you own, just not buy new games. you can even use nus, but it will 404 error on the ticket (the game will download though).

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sucks if true i just hop they'll leave sites alone to kill off ps3 via the store and Piracy will just nail the coffin shut for me and vita too though vita is pretty much archived at this point,i mean I can see them dmcaing games hat they plan to remaster but doing every single one is just plain pr suicide

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Why are they even still up? Those should have died out LONG before the PS5 launched. Like, when the PS4 Pro came out would have been a good time.

Deleted member 323844

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Mind to show and example of this? Thanks.
Most AAA physical games have an important, normally required, patch the same day they are published. So your disc is basically an uncomplete game, broken game or barely working game.

Cyberpunk, for example, is still a junk when it comes to bugs and stability, but at least patches have solved some problems. Physical copies will be pretty useless when patch servers close.

Last edited by Deleted member 323844,

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Most AAA physical games have an important, normally required, patch the same day they are published. So your disc is basically an uncomplete game, broken game or barely working game.

Cyberpunk, for example, is still a junk when it comes to bugs and stability, but at least patches have solved some problems. Physical copies will be pretty useless when patch servers close.

Oh I see!
That was the main reason for not buying any XBOX related consoles/games. My nephew's best friend has an XBOX (don't know which one though) but one day my nephew borrowed it from his friend and tried playing Halo Collection (or something like that) and to be able to play it he had to download ~60 GB of content first! The effin' disk was just the key/license for the game, that sucks!
Don't know if Playstation games are like that, and I really don't care, because I won't buy neither.

I'm more a Nintendo player, because I don't care if games look "high-end" graphically speaking while being a complete junk in therms of gameplay, I prefer them being enjoyable and fun, Nintendo provides me precisely that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1