Hacking (RUMOR) Possible PS4 4.01 Jailbreak?

D

Deleted User

They should do this and allow real external mods for fallout 4 and skyrim remastered since Sony aren't giving it to us,it's only fair that we jailbreak the ps4 and do it ourselves

Last edited by ,

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that would be a good start , better than nothing

Also if the mods use the same format (.BSA and .ESP) for PS4 as for PC then we can use mods not on Bethesda.net (No SKSE of course). Also the texture .DDS resolutions hopefully will be the same for PC as on PS4 so if it is then we can install texture mods.
In fact this could possibly help us get better mods on PS3 (Not that it matters). I will do more research on that when a good file system searcher comes out for 3.55 PS4 which allows you to take files. For those who unfortunately could not get a PS4. (I have one I just like helping people :))

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
A dongle, like the DRM Cobra or TB will appear mostly likely, if something was to come of this. A lot of money to be made with those shady little mafia run businesses than for some elite group to release a open source CFW to the mass public.

Reactions: Exavold

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
4.05 already. Jeez, I was hoping to grab DS III DLC tonight and then turn off network features tonight after work. Sony Mofo's:nayps3:

dw. i doubt that anything hax related will release anytime soon for the ps4.

and even if it does it is probably something minor, and other than that , in case in the future they sell those ugly a** dongles i will skip it completely.

as i had paid 100$ for the shitty dongle for ps3 back then and it was a terrible hax, when cfw came up i immediately threw away that junk.
i use Rebug Cfw now.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

vgplayer54

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So to clarify, there's no way to access PSN without updating firmware? I just picked up a new game and it won't let me play it unless I'm on 3.70+, am I forced to choose between the game or not updating?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to clarify, there's no way to access PSN without updating firmware? I just picked up a new game and it won't let me play it unless I'm on 3.70+, am I forced to choose between the game or not updating?

Yep. Only installed disc games can be played without updating. If you buy a new game it won't let you. If it is a game that was used before the update was available then you can.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Too many scene devs are pretty pissed about them reporting the exploit to Sony, I suppose they also knew of the exploit, but just kept it under wraps.

I personally do not care, as long as I see a CFW or at least a HEN on the PS4. However, I am not sure if anyone is up for the task, considering the PS4 is still at an early stage of its lifespan.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: