Hacking (RUMOR) Possible PS4 4.01 Jailbreak?

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Too many scene devs are pretty pissed about them reporting the exploit to Sony, I suppose they also knew of the exploit, but just kept it under wraps.

I personally do not care, as long as I see a CFW or at least a HEN on the PS4. However, I am not sure if anyone is up for the task, considering the PS4 is still at an early stage of its lifespan.

Yeah, but us users should be happy as hell. The devs will have no choice but to release the exploit to us now. Unless they decide to be greedy.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, but us users should be happy as hell. The devs will have no choice but to release the exploit to us now. Unless they decide to be greedy.
Maybe they will be forced to disclose information about the exploit, but I doubt they will consider working on either a CFW or a HEN. Some are afraid of Sony's retaliation, and others are just anti-piracy. Homebrew and piracy always co-existed, and that is usually the price to pay for enabling homebrew on a console. I hope I am wrong though, as I am not a fan of any of the DRM products.

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they will be forced to disclose information about the exploit, but I doubt they will consider working on either a CFW or a HEN. Some are afraid of Sony's retaliation, and others are just anti-piracy. Homebrew and piracy always co-existed, and that is usually the price to pay for enabling homebrew on a console. I hope I am wrong though, as I am not a fan of any of the DRM products.

When did I say anything about CFW? I only care about SteamOS and maybe a way to pirate games (Not so concerned about that).

ErdeFB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Yeah. Let's not forget what happened to EgoHot.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
Sounds like something might be released soon, kind of exciting. Either way I don't mind letting my PS4 collect dust for another year

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
my ps4 automatically downloads the updates even though i have all 'automatic downloads/updates' disabled.

and it even auto resumes the update, i paused it twice, should i delete it for good ?
it is the latest 4.05 , can we expect something good anytime..soon ?

if yes , i will not update :l

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
my ps4 automatically downloads the updates even though i have all 'automatic downloads/updates' disabled.

and it even auto resumes the update, i paused it twice, should i delete it for good ?
it is the latest 4.05 , can we expect something good anytime..soon ?

if yes , i will not update :l
There's a specific, separate option for disabling the downloading of system updates.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
I'm at home now so I just checked.

Settings->System->Automatic Downloads->System Software Update Files.

edit: sorry my bad , i know now why it adds the update software to the download list..
i recently got dark souls 3 (disc) and when i start it it always automatically puts the system software into the download list.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

askara

Trophies
XP
Country
i assume you cant spoof 4.0.1 to 4.0.5?

i think i am going to upgrade my PS4 pro to latest FW, unless there is a spoofer. pardon me if i am wrong but this Chinese hacker reported the hack to Sony? so i assume we probably wont get anything soon?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That's one bad nightmare