OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
!!!!!RUMOR!!!!!!!!!!!
14ui1wm.jpg

The next Xbox will be a matt-black media hub with a mission to bring games to life in your living room with augmented reality, directional sound, and a four-player finger-tracking Kinect. We told you all that last month. This month, our sources tell us it will have a touchscreen, too.

Microsoft are experimenting with a tablet-like controller with a shape closer to Sony's sleek Vita handheld / Apple's iPad than Wii U's it's an HD screen surrounded by the traditional 360 buttons and sticks.

On 360 that touchscreen will be second only to Kinect in how you operate your console. It could be a remote control when you're watching TV, a browser when you're on the internet, extra buttons and information when playing a game or a portable display when you want to take your game with you.

Expect to see the next Xbox at E3 this June.

Update
1NXrk.jpg

Source 1
Source 2
Source 3
It begins

Reactions: 1 person

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why wouldn't they ? MS/Sony steal from Nintendo, but at least they run with it (refering to Nintendo's poor 1st party support of Motionplus; only 4 American titles published and only 3 developed with 1 Japan-only published title)

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
A rumour isn't news.

It's rumoured that the insides of the Wii-U are made of Jam.

Source - In this magazine i've got.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
they forgot, "and whatever sony comes up with for their next console, we'll be sure to add that too"

Actually, it's the other way around. Sony copies everything.
Define copying. If it's something that hasn't been released yet, but is in R&D, is it considered copying? What I find amazing is that when someone make a working product (iPhone for example), it gives that company the right to claim a certain tech or style as their own (rectangular design and touch screen with icons?). As a consumer, I don't care who came first and who is the first to make a working concept. What I want is a working console with interesting games. If that is made possible, I'll gladly pay for a new console. In the mean time I'll enjoy all the great consoles made so far (and possibly buy a 360 (250GB model) if a good offer appears)..

OT: I doubt the touch screen is at least anything like the one in the picture @OP. Just too.. well.. In layman's terms, nothing near ergonomic.

Reactions: 2 people

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they forgot, "and whatever sony comes up with for their next console, we'll be sure to add that too"

Actually, it's the other way around. Sony copies everything.
Define copying. If it's something that hasn't been released yet, but is in R&D, is it considered copying? What I find amazing is that when someone make a working product (iPhone for example), it gives that company the right to claim a certain tech or style as their own (rectangular design and touch screen with icons?). As a consumer, I don't care who came first and who is the first to make a working concept. What I want is a working console with interesting games. If that is made possible, I'll gladly pay for a new console. In the mean time I'll enjoy all the great consoles made so far (and possibly buy a 360 (250GB model) if a good offer appears)..

OT: I doubt the touch screen is at least anything like the one in the picture @OP. Just too.. well.. In layman's terms, nothing near ergonomic.

No idea in which the order came, all I know is I saw the Wand after the Wiimote, the trophies after the achievments, and the PS3 avatars(no matter how much more awesome it is) after the 360 (which Microsoft stole from Nintendo). Also some patent Sony put down for a controller with a screen on it, like Wii U (and maybe the 720 -.-).

Sony-Biometrics-Portible-570x393.jpg

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh god, I know this is a rumor thread, but that picture is hilarious. For some reason I'm reminded of the PS3 boomerang design.

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
I'm pretty sure they already did this with Windows Phone 7.
It'll prolly just be a deeper integration with a richer experience?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I like how they say "Like Apple's iPad" and "Like the sleek Sony Vita" in one sentence.

...catching on yet?

...no?

The two are nothing alike. It's physically impossible to make something look like both of'em - the main characteristic of the iPad is that it's a rectangle with no buttons while the article clearly states that the controller will (would) feature them. All in all, this is some silly UK magazine that has little credibility. Not News, that is all.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I would very much appreciate if upon deleting a post, the moderator responsible would at least leave a signature of his behind so that I know who to shake my fist at.

I said "Valwin being Valwin" and reported the thread because, big suprise, it treats of pure fiction - another article with no merit whatsoever. It's called Tabloid Journalism and nobody likes that. The fact that the rumour was printed in a magazine doesn't make it credible if there is no proof to back it up whatsoever. Newsflash - magazines are full of crap. It's a valid opinion and I'm entitled to have those. Free speech and whatnot.

If you can't stand valid critique then perhaps moderating's not for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYzI76fwaM0