[Rumor] Next Xbox To Use Wiiu Like Touchscreen Controller

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Wait, where'd you get that write-up from? I'm in the right mind to change it completely. It's so incredibly biased, the Neogaf one is perfect though.

Also, it seems unlikely, the Xbox has been doing fine the way it is. It has plenty of hardcore appeal while keeping its casual appeal separate. If anything it's one of the crowning achievements of the system (insert "Achievement Unlocked" image here). It was able to maintain hardcore appeal with its standard selection of games and standard controller while keeping its entire section of casual appeal completely compartmentalized with almost an entire separate console. So hardcore games are still made for the system and I'm not forced into buying a Kinect or having to deal with it.

If this is mandatory for the next gen console I'll surely go somewhere else with my money.

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Wait, where'd you get that write-up from? I'm in the right mind to change it completely. It's so incredibly biased, the Neogaf one is perfect though.

Also, it seems unlikely, the Xbox has been doing fine the way it is. It has plenty of hardcore appeal while keeping its casual appeal separate. If anything it's one of the crowning achievements of the system (insert "Achievement Unlocked" image here). It was able to maintain hardcore appeal with its standard selection of games and standard controller while keeping its entire section of casual appeal completely compartmentalized with almost an entire separate console. So hardcore games are still made for the system and I'm not forced into buying a Kinect or having to deal with it.

If this is mandatory for the next gen console I'll surely go somewhere else with my money.

that below one is fron ZI they have the magazine image so i added it with the info but forgot the source i can take it out the neogaf one does cover the same

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that below one is fron ZI they have the magazine image so i added it with the info but forgot the source i can take it out the neogaf one does cover the same

If you wouldn't mind, it's just kinda a bad write-up.

Thanks for being so understanding by the way, I thought you'd be like "BAWWW GUILD BAWWW". No offense.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Jesus Christ, you found 3 Source links, neither of which is XBox World Magazine's Homepage, part of CVG. Here:

XBox World Home Site

The original article

This is how you look for sources, google is your friend. When you track information, you track it to the source - guaranteed reliability ensues. Not that this info is credible - it's an editor's fairy tale.

Also, greetings dear moderation team and congratulations on another Shadow Deletion of my post - I am glad that freedom of speech and expression is blooming on your forums. Good day to you all. :)

Reactions: 1 person

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Lol, you have to realize that the line between what you call "hardcore and casual " is becoming thinner as we speak.
A game is a game, it's all for money. Cherish the games from the past is what I say ( back when gamers were all geeky and nerdy and game programming was an art form instead of a multimillion dollar buisness ).

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
This fits in with the rumors that the Next Xbox is going to run Windows 8 perfectly..
Looks like competition is gonna be tough for the 8th generation, Nintendo already won the 7th generation by far imo.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo already won the 7th generation by far imo.

If you're talking about sales, depends on definition.

The Xbox 360 is about 30 million behind. But between the system launching and being a higher price, not to mention Kinect sales, it's probably closer.

if you're talking about games then I won't get into that discussion.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Nintendo already won the 7th generation by far imo.

If you're talking about sales, depends on definition.

The Xbox 360 is about 30 million behind. But between the system launching and being a higher price, not to mention Kinect sales, it's probably closer.

if you're talking about games then I won't get into that discussion.
I just mean won on a personal level, everyone has a different opinion on that though.
I can't really go without playing Zelda or Mario :P
They're pretty much the only games I ever play.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this is true Sony might as well jump on the bandwagon.
they already have :creep:

Yes, it's called the PS Vita. Seriously, the Vita's screen is only roughly one inch smaller than the screen on the WiiU tablet controller. Sony might as well couple the damn portable with the PS3 and use that as their anti-WiiU solution.

silver_ryder

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
If this is true Sony might as well jump on the bandwagon.
they already have :creep:

Yes, it's called the PS Vita. Seriously, the Vita's screen is only roughly one inch smaller than the screen on the WiiU tablet controller. Sony might as well couple the damn portable with the PS3 and use that as their anti-WiiU solution.
It's called Remote Play and they did it first. PSP, anyone? The Vita is only the next step in the natural evolution of connectivity between consoles and portables.

...and I swear to God, if one more Nintendo fanboy utters "Gameboy Advance and Gamecube!" while spitting pizza and soda all over his shirt, I am going to blow up and scream "This stuff only worked with, like, 5 games, it had very limited control schemes as a controller (issue orders to wingmen in Rouge Squadron) and only worked well as a minigame solution with Sonic Adventure (because it was a direct copy of VMU+Dreamcast and NeoGeo Pocket + Dreamcast connectivity. Not to mention that the Chao Garden was available in Sonic Advance anyways)" so NO, the two have nothing in common.

It's one thing to give extra content due to connectivity and completely another to seemlessly blend gameplay on both devices.

Sure, 250$ solution...!
The WiiU controller costs so much that Nintendo is in two minds whether they should release it as a separate purchase or just bundle one with the console and forget about the hassle, so shush you.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sure, 250$ solution...!
The WiiU controller costs so much that Nintendo is in two minds whether they should release it as a separate purchase or just bundle one with the console and forget about the hassle, so shush you.
i'd have no problem with that quite happy to still use the mote on the wiiu

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Sure, 250$ solution...!
i'd have no problem with that quite happy to still use the mote on the wiiu
I would very much prefere to have twin WiiU controllers simply to even up the chances when playing LAN games.

That said, the use of circlepads on a non-portable is apalling, couldn't they just use normal analog sticks like the rest of the world? So much more comfortable.

The world moves away from sliders (PSP ---> Vita) and Nintendo acts as if they found El Dorado. Newsflash! Analog sticks are more comfortable.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

How long ago was the Vita announced? How long ago was the Wii U announced?

Sony is so definitely copying...

Reactions: 2 people

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I don't get it. Of all the things the vita could be said to be copying (DS, iPhone), why would you accuse them of copying the Wii U

Oh @[member='Foxi4'], regarding the GC+GBA, you've forgotten about Zelda FSA. That is a perfect example.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't get it. Of all the things the vita could be said to be copying (DS, iPhone), why would you accuse them of copying the Wii U

Oh @[member='Foxi4'], regarding the GC+GBA, you've forgotten about Zelda FSA. That is a perfect example.
Oh yeah, that. I did forget about it. Still, it's one game, it's First Party and it was in full 2D making the GBA perfectly fine to use as a controller. The same scheme wouldn't work out with 99% of all GC games - right? ;)

As far as DS/iPhone copying is concerned, you can just as well say that "anything that has a touchscreen" copies "any other device with a touchscreen" - I think it's a bit unfair to assume that. Some "technological inventions" should just be assimilated as natural next steps in the evolution of given electronic parts. I don't think the Vita is in any way similar to either of the mentioned devices - it just uses a touchscreen.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Oh yeah, that. I did forget about it. Still, it's one game, it's First Party and it was in full 2D making the GBA perfectly fine to use as a controller. The same scheme wouldn't work out with 99% of all GC games - right? ;)

I respectfully disagree. I was perfectly able to play MGS :Twin Snakes with a GBA.

Reactions: 1 person

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

I respectfully disagree. I was perfectly able to play MGS :Twin Snakes with a GBA.
It had GBA connectivity? Damn, I had that game, finished it, traded it in and NEVER knew that? Dammnit, now I need to get it again... What were the connectivity features?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-