Rumor- Final Fantasy 7 remake?

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The rumor is that there IS a FF7 remake on the way for PS3. The other rumor is that the original PS1 game will be distributed through the Playstation Network AND XBOX Live Arcade by the end of the year.

"The last incoming rumor comes from Playstationlifestyle.net. According to their inside source, not only will Final Fantasy VII (either a remake or related spin-off like Crisis Core) be revealed as a PlayStation 3 exclusive at Square Enix's DK?3713 event, but the classic PS1 original will be distributed through both the PlayStation Network and Xbox Live Arcade at the end of the year."

http://www.gamekyo.com/blog_article207065.html

http://www.psu.com/Rumor--Final-Fantasy-VI...a0004313-p0.php

This is said to be officially revealed at the DK?3713 event. We'll see if it's more than just angry fanboys(or girls) jerking people around as always. Like it said, could just be a spinoff or nothing at all.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I guess some people do want this remake, but IMO, the game is extremely overrated. I would like a remake of V or VI in 3D, for example, but I'm overall tired of all these remakes. New games, please
smile.gif

Mooshywooshy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I used to love this game so much, then the movie came out and it was really cool... then... it just kept going and going and going and going... it now makes me /facepalm everytime I see something about it. If its just a flat out graphic remake I will be excited, anything else I probably wont be very excited about.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also think it's overrated. Don't get me wrong, it's a great game! I just like other games more (Mario RPG and Chrono Trigger to name two). This just seemed like pseudo-news worth posting seeing the huge popularity of the game. That, and it makes me feel special being a news-boy!
wink2.gif

I don't have an Xbox or PS3 and have NO intention on buying either system. I'll stick with my old PS1 copy. I think it will suffice. It WOULD be cool to have a remake though. I hope it lives up to expectations if it's true.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
This rumor comes up every now and then since the PS3 tech demo.

No, it's probably not coming. Not on PS3. On PS3 it would plainly stupid.
Square-Enix knows where the big bucks are, and that's not PS3.

About the original as a PSN title... Yeah, that would be possible.

BTW, there's a rumor about a new Final Fantasy VII spin-off coming (the sequel to Advent Children), so it's probably that.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
raulpica said:
This rumor comes up every now and then since the PS3 tech demo.

No, it's probably not coming. Not on PS3. On PS3 it would plainly stupid.
Square-Enix knows where the big bucks are, and that's not PS3.

About the original as a PSN title... Yeah, that would be possible.

BTW, there's a rumor about a new Final Fantasy VII spin-off coming (the sequel to Advent Children), so it's probably that.

The sequel to advent children? Wouldn't that just be dragging it out? After watching AC, I honestly don't see how they could actually carry it on...

Unless of course they rebuild Shin-ra, but even them who exactly would make the same mistake twice? All of the antagonists are dead, too. There's like, no where else to go

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I heard about that too, another movie post-AC and possibly before Dirge of Cerberus (since that takes place even later yet). Whatever.

A remake is "definitely" in the works (Square would be stupid not to be doing this!), but honestly, they'd have to change so much of the original now that it couldn't really be called by the same title. They'd have to get rid of Cloud's "I'm too cool" persona, and have to fit in everything even remotely related to the game in there as well.

I dunno. I mean yeah, I liked the original game when it came out, but my hopes for a remake aren't too high. But hey, anything to milk what's left of the fanboys, right?

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apex said:
Good lord I hopes it's not another spin off!

If it IS a full blown remake though, I'd buy it.

Agreed, although if you haven't played Crisis Core yet, it's well worth it, and probably the only FFVII spinoff worth a damn. Worth it for the story and ending alone if you're a FFVII fan.

I could definitely be suckered out of $60 to buy a remake for the PS3, even if only for the sentimental value.

Spaceman016

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FF VII for the DS would be an absolute winner for me.
This game had everything in it for me, It had so much stuff mashed into this 1 title that it took me I cant remember how long to get every item, then master it then master it 4 times so every party member could equip it plus basic game endings, plus medium difficulty bosses, plus LVL99, plus the ULTRA hard bosses think i fell asleep one time killing the RUBY boss and had to start again, 30min fight at least, and then finally 2 shotting the final boss for ending vid @ 99 everyone with counters, not to mention getting all summons and mastering all ove those zzzz yeah best game, think I still have that save on my ps1 card too. WOW best game ive ever played and definately the game ive played for the longest.

and yeah Id probably do it all again if a DS version came out and I would buy the cart too if they dont mess with the game too much.

I just re read my post and yes I did add too many "best game" quote.

Oh im excited about FireEmblem DS also cant wait

granville

GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't doubt that the core game COULD be done on DS, but the game was on 3 CDs wasn't it? Take all the videos out and that would work. Of course, there's a couple of things that should be considered with the videos:

1- the PS1 videos were uncompressed. I don't know how much space could be saved by compression, but I know a 2-3GB DVD movie can be compressed into a sub-400MB DPG file for DS.

2- 256MB cartridge.

It almost surely won't be done though. I'm not even sure if my compression theories are right.

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I don't doubt that the core game COULD be done on DS, but the game was on 3 CDs wasn't it? Take all the videos out and that would work. Of course, there's a couple of things that should be considered with the videos:

1- the PS1 videos were uncompressed. I don't know how much space could be saved by compression, but I know a 2-3GB DVD movie can be compressed into a sub-400MB DPG file for DS.

2- 256MB cartridge.

It almost surely won't be done though. I'm not even sure if my compression theories are right.

How about the first 8 cartridge DS game?

oh, and Nintendo primarily uses the ActImagine codec, chances are that it can save an epic amount of space. And the 3 iso's together is 2039MB, 1.99GB

Sephi

fool
Trophies
Website
nov.us.to
XP
Country
United States
theclaw said:
I don't see why a two cartridge DS game couldn't work. It'd be like Golden Sun 1 to 2. Normal in-game saves until the switch is needed, then a password to continue on.
Perhaps the DS's RAM could hold a copy of the save game and load it up on the next cartridge you insert.

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, you have to remember that a good portion of the data on each PSX disc was identical, just that there were the obvious key differences (like scripted events, FMVs). That and the data wasn't really efficiently compressed back then. By today's standards, we can probably fit the original game on a DS cart, though it certainly can't be a direct port of course. A complete from-the-ground-up remake ala III or IV would easily solve the problems here, though I'm not sure how much space the newly efficient and compressed data would take.

I can already hear the complaints about it not being on Sony hardware if this were to happen. :3

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh.

FF6 > FF9 > FF10 > FF7

FF7 is overrated by a mile, but it is still good.

Also, If FF7 came to DS, make it with Mobi-Clip. and like 3 carts.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure::unsure::unsure: 💡Help Roms To Heal :D