ROM Hack Rudolph's Universal "Child's Play" patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I see is out the Anti piracy for Super Kaseki Horider But I fully played on No$gba is not have problems strange
unsure.gif

Arshes91

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
regnad said:
No, the Japanese patch doesn't work with the US or EU versions of Golden Sun. It's going to need its own patch.

Any possibility, patchers? I'll be forever grateful if you can patch either versions.
frown.gif
I have an idea try to change name the file of Bak if called golden sun Dark Dawn (J).bak for example try change to (U) or (E) if your region are play with .bak could be work for sure
mellow.gif

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arshes91 said:
regnad said:
No, the Japanese patch doesn't work with the US or EU versions of Golden Sun. It's going to need its own patch.

Any possibility, patchers? I'll be forever grateful if you can patch either versions.
frown.gif
I have an idea try to change name the file of Bak if called golden sun Dark Dawn (J).bak for example try change to (U) or (E) if your region are play with .bak could be work for sure
mellow.gif

If I am reading this post correctly, that will do nothing but waste time. You could change Golden Sun(U).nds to LOLWTFAMIREADING(PUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDIPUDDI).nds and it would still only work on the US patcher.

rave420

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
diando said:
How the heck It took me an hour to defeat the elite four with Arceus alone. (Full Restores)

The elite four are not so elite when you exploit their elemental weakness.
The fact that you use one Arceus against all of them shows what kind of trainer you are. usin brute force instead of strategy, no wonder it took you an hour
rolleyes.gif

With ellemental weakness you can kick their asses in under 10 minutes, and never have to use any sort of restore, potion, or other shenanigans.

But hey, that requires work and training, why do that when you can use a lvl100 strongest pokemon. BECAUSE IT'S NOT THE WAY YOU DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTEWell, if the JP version was patched, shouldn't the AP be similar for the US/EU versions?

the only thing that may be different are the memory adresses that are patched, other than that, there shouldn't be a difference. But we don't live in a perfect world, it may be that the US version has an entirely different AP, even though i doubt it. if someone did a comparison what was patched (compare orig. vs patched) one could see if the positions that are patched are the same. And if they are not the same and just have a different location, but are the same otherwise, one would have to change the adresses, nothing else. damn, i wish i had some time to take a look at this.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
man, last time i used this was with Ninokuni, and that went horribly okay (okay because it managed to do its job, but horribly because of the sheer size it's working with). i never wanna patch something like that with this again, what with my crowded hard drive.

creating a backup is all well and good, but couldn't this just straight patch a ROM and leave it at that, instead of generating another file? and couldn't it just go straight to the address, edit that, then done? seems like it scans the whole file for the bits and bytes to edit, and that's just not very efficient when working with large roms... :/

Desuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sucks the patch doesn't work for SD Gundam Sangokuden DS for the DSTT. ;___; (still freezes even when using the firmware the instructions said to use.)

Still, thanks for the Ni no Kuni part!

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Desuuuu said:
Sucks the patch doesn't work for SD Gundam Sangokuden DS for the DSTT. ;___; (still freezes even when using the firmware the instructions said to use.)

strange di you do everything ok ?

Desuuuu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stevetry said:
Desuuuu said:

strange di you do everything ok ?

Apparently I didn't. I ended up using another sd card for the JAP firmware, and it worked just fine for a while. I even got it to work on Retro's firmware. Now it gives me a white screen on the JAP firmware, and it freezes after loading on Retro's firmware. This game is very troublesome, isn't it? ahaha

Stevetry

Most perverted person in GBATEMP
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elvarg said:
takiama said:
So these only work on their specified games? Why is it called a "universal" patch then?

its called a universal patch because he wants it to call it that and Rudolph only fixes japanese games.

he fix the usa pokemon game

also added patch for Sora no Otoshimono Forte: Dreamy Season

Critz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, will Golden Sun DS (U/E) ever get patched for anti-piracy? I have Super Card Rumble Mini SD and when I prepare the game with SC tool, I get 0 byte file. My slot 1 is broken too, so new flashcard/original game is out of the question :/.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work