Country
Netherlands
Thanks for the SUXXORS Crack, was looking everywhere for that
wink.gif

Captain Awesome

Trophies
XP
Country
I just registered here to say thanks. The game was freezing like an hour into gameplay before I applied the patch.
After the patch however, I was able to defeat team rocket in their hideout, deafeat the 7th gym AND defeat team rocket in the radio tower without a single freeze or glitch. (played for atleast 2 hours there).

Using an R4 card btw.

palkiake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
All it really does is say "Cant find the universal code pattern to be patched" The rom's in there, I tried dragging it onti it, even when the rom isn't in there and I run the patch it gives the same error, seems to me like the patch doesn't recognize the rom for some sort of reason. I already tried 3 diffrent roms, any ideas?

MalusCalibur

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi to everyone here, I was wondering if I might be able to get some assistance with Soul Silver - my apologies if I have missed the answer in the many pages of discussion thus far that I have reviewed.

I attempted to play the game on my M3DS Real card, but found that I was unable to save (the common 'backup media has failed' problem), and was wondering if there is any kind of fix for this problem? I'm using a ROM patched with Rudolfs patch, which seemed to fix the freezing issues I was having the first time I tried to play. I've heard that a different firmware for the card (M3 Sakura?) makes it possible to save, but have also heard that it still does not work - and ideally, I'd not want to have to reformat the card and install new firmware on it if it can be avoided.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, and again my apologies if this issue has been covered before.

.psyched

Trophies
XP
Country
France
MalusCalibur said:
Hi to everyone here, I was wondering if I might be able to get some assistance with Soul Silver - my apologies if I have missed the answer in the many pages of discussion thus far that I have reviewed.

I attempted to play the game on my M3DS Real card, but found that I was unable to save (the common 'backup media has failed' problem), and was wondering if there is any kind of fix for this problem? I'm using a ROM patched with Rudolfs patch, which seemed to fix the freezing issues I was having the first time I tried to play. I've heard that a different firmware for the card (M3 Sakura?) makes it possible to save, but have also heard that it still does not work - and ideally, I'd not want to have to reformat the card and install new firmware on it if it can be avoided.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me, and again my apologies if this issue has been covered before.

http://m3wiki.com/index.php/M3_NDS_roms/4401-4450
Have a quick look there, and you'll see what you have to do.
You'll have to patch the rom first with the patch in here, and then swap the arm7 inside the rom with the one proposed through the download link, using ndslazy (unpack, and then pack the nds rom).

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only times the game has frozen for me is when I have high speed processing cheat on. This patch fixed everything!
biggrin.gif
I am at the elite four the first time.

lovereverie

Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
palkiake said:
All it really does is say "Cant find the universal code pattern to be patched" The rom's in there, I tried dragging it onti it, even when the rom isn't in there and I run the patch it gives the same error, seems to me like the patch doesn't recognize the rom for some sort of reason. I already tried 3 diffrent roms, any ideas?

i've the exact same problem as you! and it is HIGHLY frustrating

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Silent Jay said:
I've tried to patch this so many times, followed the instructions and everything, but I still can't get past the part where the character miniaturizes. Are you all using NO$GBA?

You need to use the SUXXORS patch for the emulator no$gba 2.6a make sure you have your 3 bios (4th for gba) in yoru game folder. Make sure your config file matches these values in no$gba2.6a.

;no$gba 2.6 generated config file - do not edit

GBA Mode == VGA (poppy bright)
NDS Mode == Nintendo DS (debug 8MB)
Emulation Speed, LCD Refresh == -Realtime, Auto
Reset/Startup Entrypoint == GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo)
Topmost Display Lines == -Emulate Dark Shadow
Sound Output Mode == Digital Stereo
Sound Desired Sample Rate == -High (44kHz) (best)
Video Output == 24bit True Color
Emulate BIOS Functions == By 80x86 code (fast)
Solar Sensor Level == Bright Sunlight
GBA Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
NDS-Cartridge Backup Media == -Auto
Multiboot Port == -None/Disabled
Multiboot Completion == -Auto-close Upload Box
Multiboot Normal/BurstDelays == -Medium/Medium (stable)
Game Screen Filter == Scale2x
Decompressed Help File == Keep on HDD
Create Game Window at == Normal/custom Position
Game Screen Sizing == Free
IIgame_size == normal
Number of Emulated Gameboys == -Single Machine
Link Gamepaks == -Gamepaks in all GBAs
Link Cable Type == -Automatic
Performance Indicator == None
Autosave Options == Save on Exit
Load ROM-Images to == -All machines

Joypad Button A == 1
Joypad Button B == 2
Joypad Select == 7
Joypad Start == 8
Joypad Button L == 5
Joypad Button R == 6
Joypad Button X == 3
Joypad Button Y == 4
SNESpad Adapter == -None/Disabled (fast)
SNESpad Button A == -Button A
SNESpad Button B == -Button B
SNESpad Button X == -Button X
SNESpad Button Y == -Button Y
Mouse Control Mode == Screenpad (slow, no HW-swap)
Joysticks/Gamepads == -Enabled

SAV/SNA File Format == Raw
IIautoRun == no
Firmware Boot == Autostart
3D Renderer == nocash
IIsnd == stereo
IIreg == fullskip
IIcrk == skip

The most important option is this Reset/Startup Entrypoint == GBA BIOS (Nintendo logo) option, most games will crash with it enabled, but if you don't enable it, it will give you a crash screen during startup with the SUXXORs patch for POKEMON GOLD/SS (by the way soul silver is the better version). Its not necessary to apply both Rudolf and the SUXXORs patch. This is a working setup you can use to play the game through.

Alternatively some games need this option Reset/Startup Entrypoint == -Start Cartridge such as DRAGON QUEST IX, when you use the SUXXORs patch, that was made for that game, to fix compatibility with no$gba2.6a.

F

FierceDeity1

Okay, I've got a few problems which I could use some help sorting out.

I've had the xenophobia version of Heartgold for a while now and have been getting the Black screen problem with sound whenever certain actions take place.
I've tried patching the rom with the UCP patch on the first page, but I get the error "Can't find the universal code pattern to be patched."
I'm using an EZ-Flash Vi which I don't think I have the latest update for. To be honest I haven't really got a clue how to update the card as my friend and I last updated ours ages ago and I have a terrible memory.
I've also had a problem with DQIX, which gets a white screen whenever it loads. These are the only two games I've ever had problems with and it's annoying me lol.

Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry if I broke any rules here...first post

saruto1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmmmm -_- I guess I'll just wait a little longer till everything is fully worked out. Either that or I'll just get the legit Japanese version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo