Centimetro

OP
Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
So i think i may have messed things up...

but I've been playing Mother 3 in NOR mode using slot 1 card + ez flash 3 in 1 combo. when loading rudolph's EXP Loader, i used to have an option to backup the current SRAM save (which was my mother 3 save file) as a .SAV file on the slot 1 micro sd.

then i ran a different app that utilizes the 3 in 1 expansion, the NDS Backup tool also by rudolph. after doing that, the SRAM seems to be blank in the GBA EXP loader... yet to my delight, my save file is not lost. i can still play my mother 3 save file by launching the slot 2 NOR. but i cannot see it any more.

does this make sense? anyone know how i can access my save file or back it up? im afraid ill never be able to clear the NOR without losing my save for good =(

Centimetro

OP
Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
thanks a lot for the reply...

QUOTE said:
I got my save file smile.gif
Used gbaldr to save the SRAM, and used hex workshop to find the save file in that and save it
Works fine now smile.gif

I think what messed up the save file in the first place was Ruldolph's NDS tool, but I don't feel like testing smile.gif

i got gbatlr or whatever... it did manage to extract some SRAM data, and then cleared it. so i have the SRAM DATA.sav, but using that in its stock form doesnt let me continue my game. so i suspect that your hex workshop editing was the key....

could you tell me what you did with hex workshop to extract your save file?

thanks again!

Centimetro

OP
Trophies
Website
www.getexbackclub.com
XP
Country
United States
whoo, nevermind, i figured it out by comparing it to another mother 3 save file and just figuring out where the save begins and ends and copying to that one.

wahoo! was really worried id have to start over after 20+ hours..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...