Rudolph's GBA EXP Loader, 3 in 1 NOR mode

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Centimetro, Oct 25, 2008.

Oct 25, 2008
  1. Centimetro
    OP

Member Centimetro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    So i think i may have messed things up...

but I've been playing Mother 3 in NOR mode using slot 1 card + ez flash 3 in 1 combo. when loading rudolph's EXP Loader, i used to have an option to backup the current SRAM save (which was my mother 3 save file) as a .SAV file on the slot 1 micro sd.

then i ran a different app that utilizes the 3 in 1 expansion, the NDS Backup tool also by rudolph. after doing that, the SRAM seems to be blank in the GBA EXP loader... yet to my delight, my save file is not lost. i can still play my mother 3 save file by launching the slot 2 NOR. but i cannot see it any more.

does this make sense? anyone know how i can access my save file or back it up? im afraid ill never be able to clear the NOR without losing my save for good =(

2. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
  3. Centimetro
    OP

United States
    thanks a lot for the reply...

i got gbatlr or whatever... it did manage to extract some SRAM data, and then cleared it. so i have the SRAM DATA.sav, but using that in its stock form doesnt let me continue my game. so i suspect that your hex workshop editing was the key....

could you tell me what you did with hex workshop to extract your save file?

thanks again!

4. Centimetro
    OP

United States
    whoo, nevermind, i figured it out by comparing it to another mother 3 save file and just figuring out where the save begins and ends and copying to that one.

wahoo! was really worried id have to start over after 20+ hours..

5. Diablo1123

Member Diablo1123 Newcomer

United States
    Yes, thats what I did, now at least you know what to do if you do this again.
    And what caused it (NDS 3-in-1 backup tool)