RTS In GBA Games?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by sekhu, Jun 7, 2010.

Jun 7, 2010

RTS In GBA Games? by sekhu at 1:57 AM (1,355 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    Is it possible to use real time saves with the gba side of things? I've had my dstwo for 2-3 weeks now, but haven't tested it. Gonna tets it tomorrow, but if I can get a headsup on whether it will work and also on how it's doable.

thanks in advance

2. OrGoN3

Member OrGoN3 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You get 10 save slots. They are what you are referring to as RTS. Just simply save whenever, and load whenever.

3. phoenixclaws

Member phoenixclaws GBAtemp Fan

United States
    So far I have had no problems with RTS in GBA games that are playable. With Save States (RTS) you don't have to worry about turning off the DS before exiting the emulator since they are directly written to the mSD and not held in memory.

Also writing SAVs from GBA games works fine. Just remember to exit out of the game by either loading another game or exiting the emulator before you turn off the DS/i. Otherwise the SAVs won't get written to the mSD. I'm guessing the SAV gets held in memory before it is dumped to the mSD.

4. nl255

Member nl255 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

It depends. If you are using the emulator then yes. If you are using a slot 2 card like an ezflash 3 in 1 then no.

5. phoenixclaws

United States
    It says in his post that he is using a DSTWO so it would be correct to assume he is using the Slot-1 Card for the GBA emulation.

6. sekhu
    OP

Member sekhu moo?

United Kingdom
    ok thanks guys, i'll give it a go

7. phoenixclaws

United States
    Btw, it's doable by hitting X when in-game and then game state and write state #.
    Read State # is loading and delete state goes to a submenu for deleting individual or all save states for that game.