wink.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Lock's Quest is something between Tower Defense and Stronghold with only one unit on your side and a ton of minigames.

jagerstaffel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No love for the Heroes of Mana?

Definitely an RTS there. Some people said it's similar to FF: Revenant Wings, but after playing one level I found out it's rather different than what people make it out to be. Granted I only played the first level, but the fact that you can build scavenging units and battle units and control all units in real time, I'd definitely recommend it.

Someday an Advance Wars RTS would be possible. They were close in AWDS and the combat system, but nothing like an RTS yet. Ah, that C&C game that was on the Playstation would look real good on the DS.

One of these there will be a military RTS on the DS. Something Command and Destroy should've been if it weren't for the silly passwords. It's almost as if they made that game for the flash cart users who have Real-Time saves
rofl2.gif

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
And what about that homebrew Starcraft thing? Nobody can say Starcraft isn't a real RTS
wink.gif

How far did the project go before the dev got served the "cease and desist" notice?

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Angel_of_God said:
how about Ys Strategy? i know its kind of a rpg but it has town making and stuff....
Ys Strategy simply sucks. Even Command & Destroy is better.

Command & Destroy itself isn't that bad if you don't mind that it has passwords instead of an actual save system. It's a decent clone of the first Command and Conquer game (keep in mind, that also means it's a bit dated.)

Also, Eco Creatures: Save the Forest (aka Ecolis) is a decent Pikmin-style RTS if you like that sort of thing.

Anno 1701 DS is not really an RTS. They adapted everything else in the first game of that series very well, but they simplified the combat system immensely, to the point where it's hard to recommend it to someone who is just looking for some RTS fun. It's still a great city-building type game, it just doesn't really have much RTS content to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Totally Nutz :rofl2: +1