Hacking RToolDS ROM Manager

Silo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
helpme said:
also my saves are getting saved as 61D9A2D5.sav.001 is that right? is it possible to save them the same name as the rom?
It saves them as the CRC of the ROM. This is because, if the ROM filename changes, or it is renamed for your device, it can always match the save game to the correct ROM. Hope that makes sense..

Silo

Silo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Roman_42 said:
Nice fast tool, Rominator's main problem on my computer was speed and another very good improvement is the external source for the game icons. In Rominator you have to unextract your whole ROM collection to get the icons. The NFO reader is nice too. Thanks a lot, I'm using it from now on.
smile.gif
rolleyes.gif
Glad you like it..
Silo

NDSFreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Version by Silo

2008-06-11 RToolDS V0.3.1333
excl.gif
Added a Wi-Fi Tag, to show only Wi-Fi Enabled ROMs
excl.gif
Added Support for Multiple ROMs Per Archive File
excl.gif
Added acekard2/rpg Support (Filename.nds.sav)
excl.gif
Added Search ROM Subdirectories to Initial Wizard.
excl.gif
Enables 001-100, 101-200 Directories etc..
excl.gif
Added UNC Support

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NDSFreak said:
It currently runs on Windows Platforms, but I’ve had success running it on
Linux and OS X.
I downloaded your app and it is an .exe file, which is not compatible with Mac OS X. Are you implying that it runs on non-Windows platforms that are running a Windows emulator or do you truly have versions for Linux and Mac OS X?

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to only trim ROMs only when they're added to the flash cart (i.e. keep the untrimmed version on the hard drive and trim the version that is on the microSD)?

It would also be nice to have a view where the Linker Device list is shown below the ROM List rather than below the ROM Information.

-Bri

Necromancyr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couple of ideas:
- Some kind of display of what roms are trimmed and which aren't. (If this is already done, it's not doing it on mine).
- Either a direct connect or a way to check a review of the game.
- Size left on the device - actual and with newly moved over roms.
- If not being done already, have trimming backup roms to another dir and then untrimming restore it.
- Trim only the copy moved to the device.
- Year Rom published in listing.

Bri

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is a display showing which are trimmed. Go to the options, select the "ROM List Columns" tab, and select "Trimmed".

You can show the date the ROM was dumped in the listing, which I assume is usually the year as the year of release.

-Bri

Darkuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This IS indeed a great compliment to NDScrc ...

Thanks very much for the VERY OBVIOUS hard work.

Now, with the gushing out of the way ...
wink.gif

Just a couple of things I've noticed ...

First, I'm having trouble with the transfer of files from local to microSD. Basically, all I do is highlight multiple ROMs on the left, hit ADD TO DEVICE, then hit APPLY CHANGES TO DEVICE.

What happens is, it copies each one over as "T.NDS". Each one, in turn, overwrites the last one. So, if I tag 5 files, I end up with ONE on the card (the last one on the list) as T.NDS. Damnedest thing ... I've tried it several times.

Once I get THIS cleared up, I have enhancement suggestions (who doesn't?)

Thanks again!

Darkuni

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Color me the r-tard. I used "T" in the renamer vice "(T)" ... there you have it. Might need an idiot check for that
smile.gif

I'll post more later ... bed time
smile.gif

Again - thanks.

Silo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rascal said:
NDSFreak said:
It currently runs on Windows Platforms, but I've had success running it on
Linux and OS X.
I downloaded your app and it is an .exe file, which is not compatible with Mac OS X. Are you implying that it runs on non-Windows platforms that are running a Windows emulator or do you truly have versions for Linux and Mac OS X?
When then Windows version settles down, i'll carry on the work on OS X and Linux. I have had both working, just some cleanup needed.

Silo

Silo_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Bri said:
Is it possible to only trim ROMs only when they're added to the flash cart (i.e. keep the untrimmed version on the hard drive and trim the version that is on the microSD)?
That's the way it works. It NEVER touches your original ROMs, it only trims them when it copies it to the device.

Silo

NDSFreak

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
New Update by Silo
2008-06-20 RToolDS V0.3.1342
excl.gif
Added the Ability to Change the NFO Viewer Font
excl.gif
Added Support for SuperCard DS One 512k Save Device
excl.gif
Fixed Invalid Shortcut
excl.gif
Icon Loading Speedup for Linux Port
excl.gif
Changed M3 DS Real Card's save type to .sav
excl.gif
Fixed Blank Lines in Log Window

Mikeypr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Will you be adding a "CLEAN ARCHIVE" & Rename file within Archive, Feature as found in OfflineList?

So it can remove all files apart from the .NDS file from the Archive and then rename the .NDS file

Love the App, converted from OFFLINE LIST

Only one problem so far.

The remove TAG Button wont activate on a file I have added a tag to. Is there another way to remove them?

Thanks

MK

sepinho

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thank you for your very convenient and - most importantly - fast tool. It has replaced Rominator, which was terribly slow for me for some reason.

Two questions remain though:
a) Can I define more than one flashcard to transfer to?
b) I have a bunch of Roms in my list displayed as release number "U####". I assume that means unidentified. The very same Roms did work in both Rominator and R4Commander though. Any way to verify/identify them?

Pyrofyr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they're trimmed they won't identify, would be nice to see this fixed, although I'm content with it as it is, although how would I manually identify them?

skweints

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One little thing I would like to see, and I don't know if this is really there and I'm just dumb. :-) I only collect roms released in the USA, so it would be nice to be able to see only the roms that are missing from my collection that are USA releases, as opposed to seeing every single rom that has been released. Otherwise, I'm definitely switching back to this.

I switched to Rominator for a while, until I had an issue with it resulting in the loss of all but 3 of my 450+ roms (and I don't think those 3 roms were actually the roms they were showing up as. *shrugs*) I'm currently in mid-argument with the developer because he believes that it was my "user-error" that caused the problem, whereas, I believe it's just his lack of ensuring that the DELETE command only deletes the SELECTED NDS files, and not the entire collection, regardless of what NDS files are selected. Beware the delete command. :-)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: damn wifi