RSD - Record Store Day Thread

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is about Record Store Day (RSD), discussion, releases and pickups/plans!

The last RSD was this past year in April 23rd and June 18th.

The Next planned date for RSD is April 15th, 2023 (Subject to change, especially if they decide to split up the days again)

-Other related Events: RSD Black Friday (TBA, Probably on Black Friday, but there has not been a formal announcement for this year as of yet nor a list available.) RSD BLACK FRIDAY CONFIRMED FOR 11/25/2022 CONFIRMED

LIST IS HERE:
RSD BLACK FRIDAY 2022 LIST (WEB):toot:

Do you participate in RSD? Do you have any stories you wanted to share? Any albums releasing during this event you have your eyes on? Did you score any of the albums you were looking for during this event? Post it here!

(Thread post will be periodically updated when details emerge/change).

Last edited by Dr_Faustus,
Reactions: AmandaRose

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To formally start this off I will post the most recent RSD pickups I got from both days.

April 23rd 2022 (RSD Day 1) Pickups:
20220502_172614.jpg

June 18th 2022 (RSD Day 2)
20220619_024138.jpg

Amazingly enough I was able to get what I wanted on both days without there being any kind of issues. I was more worried about Day 1's releases due to the RHCP album being released recently and this RSD edition could have been more sought after. Similarly with the Rick Astley since they only had a few there in the store and more than a few fans exist for his music now. As for the last one which is a Dr. Who audiobook put onto Vinyl, They only had 3 there prior to release (about the same amount that the RHCP album they had) but I was not too terribly worried about it being a hot item. Amazingly enough I was wrong as there were two people ahead of me that got them before I had my chance in. I guess there are still more fans around than I initially expected. That and/or they are just diehard Tennant/10th fans, which I can understand.

Weirdly enough the line for this year for this day was also heavily female which I was not initially sure why until someone informed me it was due to the Taylor Swift RSD release single that apparently was the most sought after release of this day. I can't say much about it not being a fan of hers myself but it was surprising just how many came out of the woodwork just for a chance to get this single. It at least made me more confident that I was able to get what I was aiming for at the time lol.

As for Day 2. I actually did not get up early to wait in line this time around. I came out later in the day because despite me having a goal in getting these albums they were not in limited release numbers nor were they RSD exclusive rather they were "RSD first" releases which meant that they were planned for wide release much later on and this is just an early release drop for record shops exclusively. Plus at least for Prince the release was numbered around 20k pressed. Even if through extraordinary means my shop did not have it chances are I would find it at any of the other shops near me or online easy enough in no time. There was no need to be there early in the morning for these, I was confident enough they would still have them there later on in the day and I was correct!

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ladies and gentlemen we have as of today confirmed that there WILL be a RSD BLACK FRIDAY RELEASE FOR 2022!

The date is set for 11/25/2022

The list of releases is here: RSD BLACK FRIDAY 2022 LIST (WEB)

*Note: List will be automatically updated to include/delay releases, as per usual given the industry supply at the moment.

Anybody find anything interesting in this release that you might get?

I already am Eyeing a few things for myself. (The Bing Crosby/David Bowie Christmas and Doors Live being my certified buys, but I am also eyeing at least 6 other ones for myself if I can find them at my shops! :D)

Reactions: AmandaRose

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ladies and gentlemen we have as of today confirmed that there WILL be a RSD BLACK FRIDAY RELEASE FOR 2022!

The date is set for 11/25/2022

The list of releases is here: RSD BLACK FRIDAY 2022 LIST (WEB)

*Note: List will be automatically updated to include/delay releases, as per usual given the industry supply at the moment.

Anybody find anything interesting in this release that you might get?

I already am Eyeing a few things for myself. (The Bing Crosby/David Bowie Christmas and Doors Live being my certified buys, but I am also eyeing at least 6 other ones for myself if I can find them at my shops! :D)
For me my must buys have got to be the Joe Strummer live and the Gun Club live records and if I have some other money spare I will get the Doors and Red Hot Chili Peppers live albums.

Reactions: Dr_Faustus

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: