Prof. 9

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here is a small patch that you can apply to the DSi Download Play app on DSi emuNAND that will disable RSA signature checks for downloaded apps. This will let you receive unsigned (e.g. modified) Wi-Fi multiboots in Download Play mode. For instance, you can use this to play modified New Super Mario Bros. levels in Single Card Multiplayer, or a translated version of Mega Man Star Colosseum (not available in the currently released version of the Rockman EXE OSS translation). I ported this from FlashMe, so all credit goes towards the original author(s) of that, I believe it's Loopy?

I will not be providing any support for this, hopefully someone more motivated than me can incorporate it into a CFW or a guide somehow.

Download the attached zip file, go to title/00030005/484e4441/content in your NAND and copy 00000001.app to 00000001.app.bak. Then use a BPS patcher such as Beat or Floating IPS to apply this patch to 00000001.app.

Title ID: 00030005484e4441, version 256.
CRC32 before: 5F5BFC6A
CRC32 after: 3D505BFF

If you don't have the proper DSi Download Play app, use NUS Downloader to download DSi title 00030005484e4441 v256 and tick the "Create Decrypted Contents (*.app)" box.

Alternatively, there's a way to distribute this patch to other people who don't have a modded DSi, or even a regular DS or 3DS. To do this, rename your patched 00000001.app to DSDownloadPlay.nds. Then use HaxxStation and create a distribution NDS file that contains the patched DSDownloadPlay.nds. The process then goes as follows. I will refer to the player with a flash card or other method of running arbitrary ROMs as the Host, and any other players (with an unmodified DS/DSi/3DS) as Clients.

- Host: Launch the HaxxStation NDS file and start distribution.
- Clients: Start the built-in DS Download Play app.
- Clients: From DS Download Play, download the HaxxStation app.
- Clients: Within the HaxxStation application, download the (patched) DS Download Play app. This will bring you back to the Download Play menu. It will look identical, but now the RSA patches have been applied.
- Host: Once all Clients have downloaded and started the patched DS Download Play app, turn off HaxxStation and start the game which has the unsigned multiboot.
- Host: Start distributing the unsigned multiboot from within the game, i.e. start a Single Card Multiplayer mode.
- Clients: Download the game app that appears in DS Download Play.
- Host: Once all Clients have downloaded the game app, start the game.

You'll have to repeat this whole process each time you want to play with other people who have an unmodified DS/DSi/3DS. Of course if the clients have the patched DS Download Play app preinstalled then they can just skip downloading the patched version from HaxxStation. In my experience, unless the built-in DS Download Play app is pre-patched, you do have to go through the process of downloading via HaxxStation, if you just insert the flashcard into the client's DS and start the patched DS Download Play ROM then it'll crash after downloading the unsigned multiboot.

Attachments

• DSi-Download-Play-RSA-patch.zip
    237 bytes · Views: 401
Last edited by Prof. 9,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This can also be launched using TWiLight Menu++, either through the Quick Menu (place the patched .app at "sd:/_nds", and call it "dlplay.nds"), or the ROM menu (rename from .app to .nds).

Last edited by RocketRobz,
Reactions: DSoryu and Tarmfot

N7Kopper

Lest we forget... what Nazi stood for.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Such a little thing would be great to install on the 3DS; and could easily overwrite the baseline DS Download Play app.

universales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Please could you add the patch for nintendo 3ds version 1024 (10.0.0)?
That patch only works on that old version.
Thanks greetings

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1