Hacking RP2040 as payload injector for V1?

Menacer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Obvious question I could not find asked before.
There is a solution in the form of m0 trinkets as "internal modchips" that do the payload injection for unpatched v1 consoles.
Now, these cost ~$12 on ali, so the obvious question is, can't you also use a rp2040 for that?
From what I understand, picofly does the payload injection, too after the glitching, right?
So shouldn't it be possible, to take, like, only the payload injection part of the code and use it on v1 consoles?

Last edited by Menacer,

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
Obvious question I could not find asked before.
There is a solution in the form of m0 trinkets as "internal modchips" that do the payload injection for unpatched v1 consoles.
Now, these cost ~$12 on ali, so the obvious question is, can't you also use a rp2040 for that?
From what I understand, picoply does the payload injection, too after the glitching, right?
So shouldn't it be possible, to take, like, only the payload injection part of the code and use it on v1 consoles?
the answer is both yes and no.

yes, because picofly will be used to glitch the switch and use the exploit to send the payload, therefore, you are able to launch your payloads.

no, because it is a different method, payload injection via RCM for unpatched consoles, like that of M0 trinkets uses the samd21 to push payloads in RCM via the fusee gelee hax

szczetyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the answer is both yes and no.

yes, because picofly will be used to glitch the switch and use the exploit to send the payload, therefore, you are able to launch your payloads.

no, because it is a different method, payload injection via RCM for unpatched consoles, like that of M0 trinkets uses the samd21 to push payloads in RCM via the fusee gelee hax
It's "only" a matter of writing proper uf2 for picofly to work same way as sam d21 chips- that there is no around ATM and no interest of anybody to do so..

leerz

Trophies
Website
leerz25.sitesled.com
XP
Country
It's "only" a matter of writing proper uf2 for picofly to work same way as sam d21 chips- that there is no around ATM and no interest of anybody to do so..
because samd chiips like trinket are almost the same price as rp2040. Usbhosts mode must be ported over to push the payload over RCM

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I mean, if you can have someone port the m0 code, you can use it that way. It basically just waits for RCM, sends a payload and sleeps. Wiring will mostly be the same as m0.

szczetyk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
because samd chiips like trinket are almost the same price as rp2040. Usbhosts mode must be ported over to push the payload over RCM
About the price: on aliex sam d21 chips for switch are more than x3 more expensive than rp2040-zero.. So I think it's worth a hustle ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.