Hacking ROMs that have problems with R4 DS

montgoej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What ROMs do you have that have so far unresolved issues with R4DS? I've heard that Pokemon Platinum has problems(I haven't tested yet but will be soon) and I had problems at first with Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Echoes of Time however after patching with DSATM it loads fine with R4DS Firmware 1.18(however now it doesn't load correctly in YSMENU...go figure).

EDIT: 3541 Pokemon Platinum(U) works with R4DS Firmware 1.18 after patching FW with Yasu's R4Custom(although the Firmware's now in another language...)

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many games won't work w/o doing an ARM7 fix on them due to the very old on the fly patching that was in the last official R4 loader. YSMENU is much better at patching since it is updated whenever the need arises to fix new games.

I haven't tested YSMENU with DSATM patched games but I am guessing that the default area of RAM that the function gets copied to is being used by YSMENU. I would suggest going into the advanced mode by clicking the button with a cracker, changing the RAM address to 0x2000000, and autopatching.

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dark42 said:
Just get a real flashcard. R4 is long dead. Acekard 2i is what, $18 on DX?

Why buying an "i" card?

He never said he had a DSi.

AK2 is $11.39 on DX. I bought one a few days ago.
smileipb2.png

montgoej

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just trying to get as much use out of my old R4 as possible being that quite a few of my friends ave them too. I may buy another card for personal use sometime soon, but I'll still probably keep the R4 to help them out with things. Also, I've been playing Pokemon Platinum or quite a while now, still working fine with that patched firmware
smile.gif

Depravo

KALSARIKÄNNIT
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As far as I am aware, the only two games that cannot be made to work on the R4 are Star Wars Clone Wars: Jedi Alliance and some obscure little puzzle game called Tropix. But to be fair, these games are problematic on other cards too.

Apart from those every other game on the DS works fine providing you use the latest YSMenu and the occasional cheat code to disable piracy checks. You can even have 1Mb save files for Pokemon Platinum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse