Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
assmonkey123 said:
pic

Nothing works
The red highlight on a rom means the file for the rom is missing.
Try hitting refresh (circle arrow next to the + and - buttons) or checking your directory to make sure you have not renamed or moved the directory. And if that doesn't seem to be the problem, try just removing the entire gamelist and re-add it. there is no reason for it to be doing that if the files are indeed in the directory you say it is.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
assmonkey123 said:
pic

Nothing works

Go read the guide. Red means the games are missing, and it even TELLS YOU in your screenshot that the game is missing, that should ring some bells
tongue.gif
If you added the games into Rominator, and then moved them, they're missing according to Rominator. You'll need to re-add them from their static location. If your game list folder is set up to be the DS game folder where you put your games, just hit the refresh button and it'll update the game list.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My gamelist won't load, or it's just taking for ever. When I click anywhere, Rominator freezes up with 'Not Responding.' When I wait a while, things look normal again until I click; it freezes back up with 'Not Responding.' It's this same continuous loop, and I'm lucky if I could drag some ROMs onto my card.

I tried spltting the list into two smaller ones. While it does load up faster, it still freezes up with 'Not Responding' and I still can't do much.

Any tweaks to make this work faster?

Sokonomi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Is there a place where I can get a hold of the Rominator before it all went v2008 hell on me?
The v2008 version constantly crashes on me, or coughs up a spleen when im trying to feed it some new games.
Ontop of that its difficult to see wich games are compressed and wich arnt.
The hidden info box that you can now randomly float somewhere is a bit annoying too imho..

In general id preffer to have the old 2.3 back..

Can I find a copy of that somewhere, and does the gamelist updater still work on it?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Jaems said:
My gamelist won't load, or it's just taking for ever. When I click anywhere, Rominator freezes up with 'Not Responding.' When I wait a while, things look normal again until I click; it freezes back up with 'Not Responding.' It's this same continuous loop, and I'm lucky if I could drag some ROMs onto my card.

I tried spltting the list into two smaller ones. While it does load up faster, it still freezes up with 'Not Responding' and I still can't do much.

Any tweaks to make this work faster?

QUOTEIs there a place where I can get a hold of the Rominator before it all went v2008 hell on me?
The v2008 version constantly crashes on me, or coughs up a spleen when im trying to feed it some new games.
Ontop of that its difficult to see wich games are compressed and wich arnt.
The hidden info box that you can now randomly float somewhere is a bit annoying too imho..

In general id preffer to have the old 2.3 back..

Can I find a copy of that somewhere, and does the gamelist updater still work on it?

Don't blame Rominator kids, blame your system; If the app constantly crashes and is unstable for you, you have a problem with your OS. Could be spyware, viruses, corrupted, other software you're running on your machine that causes OS instability, etc. There's a number of reasons why it would crash on you.

In regards to 'seeing what games are compressed', why don't you just enable the column 'File Type'. If it's not ".nds", then it's compressed
tongue.gif

I'm sure someone has an old copy floating around somewhere, but there is no support for it, as well as no updates. The compatible database for the old version is still online but it is almost 1,000 games behind.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
If the app constantly crashes and is unstable for you, you have a problem with your OS. Could be spyware, viruses, corrupted, other software you're running on your machine that causes OS instability, etc.
I doubt it.

But, w/e, problem solved.
For some unknown reason to me, once I deleted my Call of Duty 4 ROM, Rominator quickened up.
I don't get it and I don't care. Works great again.

evoo1

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Australia
hankchill said:
evoo1 said:
Is there a way to backup more than one savegame at a time?

btw, I gotta say I LOVE this program
smile.gif

yep, hilight the games you want to back up the saves for in the flash card, and click 'Backup Save'. Done
smile.gif

Sadly that doesn't really work on the OSX version, forgot to add that information
smile.gif
If i select more than one rom and right click my selection, it will only show the options menu for the one rom I actually clicked. Also if I select multiple roms and try to back up the saves via the top menu (the dynamic one on the top of your desktop) the option is grey and not available.

I'm running Leopard on an Intel macbook with all the newest addons, also I'm using the newest Rominator release.

Thanks for your quick replies!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
evoo1 said:
hankchill said:
evoo1 said:

smile.gif

yep, hilight the games you want to back up the saves for in the flash card, and click 'Backup Save'. Done
smile.gif

Sadly that doesn't really work on the OSX version, forgot to add that information
smile.gif
If i select more than one rom and right click my selection, it will only show the options menu for the one rom I actually clicked. Also if I select multiple roms and try to back up the saves via the top menu (the dynamic one on the top of your desktop) the option is grey and not available.

I'm running Leopard on an Intel macbook with all the newest addons, also I'm using the newest Rominator release.

Hey you're right. Will have it fixed for the next release due very shortly
wink.gif

--Henry

TechnoCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
evoo1 said:
hankchill said:
evoo1 said:

smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

A workaround to perform a right click action on all roms (in windows not sure about osx) is to hold down control while you are clicking the last rom. Even in Windows when you right click it deselects all the roms unless you are holding down control while you right click on the last rom you are trying to select.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
TechnoCat said:
A workaround to perform a right click action on all roms (in windows not sure about osx) is to hold down control while you are clicking the last rom. Even in Windows when you right click it deselects all the roms unless you are holder right click on the last one.

The equivalent on Mac OS X would be the Command [Apple] key.

Yeah it's kinda dumb the way it handles right clicks -- It registers a left click first and then a right click, instead of just bringing up the menu. Unfortunately I've got no way around this.

v2008.11 has just been finished, I'm just completing the documentation for it before I release it
smile.gif

--Henry

iain_benson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hankchill said:
Yeah it's kinda dumb the way it handles right clicks -- It registers a left click first and then a right click, instead of just bringing up the menu. Unfortunately I've got no way around this.

I don't know RealBasic, so don't know exactly what's available, but I have done some X-Windows based GUI work. I assume RealBasic is callback based ... is it possible to query the mouse state whilst in the left-click callback, and if the right mouse button is down don't do anything? Apologies if you've already thought of this and I'm teaching you to suck eggs
unsure.gif

jmonee84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am loving Rominator v2008 overall, yet I have run into a bug that is preventing me from using the program. I ran Rominator, and it started updating its rom database and cheat database information. However, my internet connection was really sporadic, and it seemed to stall in the middle of downloading the cheat information. I clicked the refresh games list button, and then all my games disappeared from Rominator. I clicked it again, and it said one of the games I had could not be loaded (yet nothing else loaded either). I clicked again and nothing happened. I clicked it again and I got the same message as before. Thinking that restarting the program might help, I closed it. However, when I tried to reopen it, I got an error message stating "An exception of NilObjectException was not handled. The application must shut down." Now, every time I open the application, I get that error message. I tried reinstalling Rominator, yet I still got the same message. I am running Rominator v2008.10 on Mac OS X 10.5.3. Hank, hopefully you can figure this one out.
smile.gif
Thanks a bunch.

-Jonathan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to