Not open for further replies.

Osaka

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you go to the toolbox thingy and go to box art. click on 0001 then scroll all the ways down and shift+click on the lest one and hit download. it will seem like it freezes, maybe, but just let it sit there for while.

ok, i have another question. whats the star on the number mean?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
@joshwill80: The database is updated once a week, usually every Saturday.

@lil-devil: It's been mentioned quite a few times, you need to go File -> Check for Updates, and download the DS Database. Then your games will be recognized.

@Osaka: It's been mentioned multiple times too
smile.gif
But the Star means that there is a trainer available for the game.

Again, I'll have the documentation ready soon
smile.gif
The program is quite extensive, so there's a lot to write about!

--Henry

MunkeeMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get an error 1001 when I first start, and then a 1034, then repeated 1001's that never seem to end. What do these codes mean?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
I get an error 1001 when I first start, and then a 1034, then repeated 1001's that never seem to end. What do these codes mean?

I got your email already, you don't need to post in the thread. I am ignoring any bug reports posted in this thread.

Please delete the Settings.rsd file from the Data folder and see what happens.

Gaffer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just the game's 4 digit ID is not enough to determine which game it is in the database. There are 3 methods I use for determining the game:
• For regular NDS games, I pull 3 pieces of info: Game Code, Header and Rom Version. Every game has this data and it is what is used to gather the information, NOT CRC checks. CRC is no good for this type of thing because you can have a trimmed game and would not find a match since a trimmed game's CRC is different from the clean game.
• For rZipped games, I store the 3 pieces of info in the rZip Header, so it can be identified immediately.
• For Zipped games, it identifies by CRC.

Safe trim is, well, just a safe trim
smile.gif
Basically there's a set number of bytes after the ROM data to preserve for WiFi data, and a safe trim just keeps the data. It does not scan the file and remove blank spaces, it scans the header and catches the Rom Size from there -- That is the main trim point.

Right now rZip and Zip are almost identical in size, since they're both based off zLib compression. rZip just allows me more manipulation as I can store my own metadata in the file (already in rZips is stored the header, game ID, and icon so Rominator recognizes it immediately). It's up to you what you want to use
smile.gif

--Henry

Thanx for the reply
biggrin.gif
, I won't go "hexediting" anything, but it's interesting to see how you do it all the same
smile.gif

MunkeeMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I get an error 1001 when I first start, and then a 1034, then repeated 1001's that never seem to end. What do these codes mean?

I got your email already, you don't need to post in the thread. I am ignoring any bug reports posted in this thread.

Please delete the Settings.rsd file from the Data folder and see what happens.

I didn't send an e-mail. But your solution fixed the problem.

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
hey hank, i was just wondering, if its possible to add icons and box art by our selfs since so it'll be even more updated =P thanks =)

btw suggestion: is it possible to make the program able to drag roms to the memory card instead of having to open the folder to find it xD

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
hey hank, i was just wondering, if its possible to add icons and box art by our selfs since so it'll be even more updated =P thanks =)

btw suggestion: is it possible to make the program able to drag roms to the memory card instead of having to open the folder to find it xD

Icons - No. They are pulled directly from the rom.
Box Art - Yes. Just use the Box Art Manager in the Toolbox and import your own.

I don't understand your suggestion. And I don't take suggestions through the forum as I have suggestion already. Please use Rominator to submit any suggestions or bug reports. Again, any requests on the board will be ignored (I want to avoid filling it up with useless spam, which has already been unavoidable up to this point but I figure if I get the message across, people will listen -- Not that I'm saying your suggestions are useless, don't get me wrong! But we have tons of posts saying "nice program" or "lol" or something short and stupid that doesn't mean anything. Make your posts here contribute to the discussion.)

lil-devil

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i have a couple of roms that isn't pulling the icons from the rom
when i do edit, it sees the icon but its not using it :S

box art- what about the games release number over the current data base?

raptor5001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In Linux, upon running the binary, I get the following error:

Code:
(rominator:18731): GLib-CRITICAL **: g_hash_table_insert: assertion `hash_table != NULL' failed
Segmentation fault

Maybe some missing dependencies on my part? I'm not sure...

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada

box art- what about the games release number over the current data base?

I don't understand why you can't see the icon. Email me a screenshot of your main window.

As for boxes above release number, just manually give it a number, make sure it's a jpeg (.jpg) and place it in the Box Art folder. You won't be able to use it though until the database is updated, but when it is, your box art for that number will be used.

@raptor5001: I've mentioned a couple times already that there is a problem with the compiler. Linux users will have to wait, or use Wine with Rominator and pray your cursor doesn't disappear
wink.gif

--Henry

lost-soul

Trophies
XP
Country

I'm having the same problem, I'm using v5.1, win. When I edit the internal data and try
and change the icon, it does not change and it's just blank in the icon field.
Also when I rename the game tile and save it and then try it on my DS, its still the old name tile.
hate2.gif

*I found a small fix for the icon issue, if you wait before clicking OK on the warning, it some time loads up the icon but not all the time .

amemoryoncelost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
couple ideas, may already be implemented and one of them I PM'd you about and probably has been mentioned before...

-I'm not sure what the stars mean over top the numbers...
-It would be cool if you're looking at your library and there was a check or a color that would tell you that game is already on the cart. If you have multiple carts, those colors would signify a separate cart.
-arm7 issue(PM'd you about it)

Other than that, probably gonna donate here as soon as some stuff sells on ebay

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
couple ideas, may already be implemented and one of them I PM'd you about and probably has been mentioned before...

-I'm not sure what the stars mean over top the numbers...

I'm pretty sure that means that there's a trainer for that game.

-It would be cool if you're looking at your library and there was a check or a color that would tell you that game is already on the cart. If you have multiple carts, those colors would signify a separate cart.
-arm7 issue(PM'd you about it)

Other than that, probably gonna donate here as soon as some stuff sells on ebay

juggy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have not had a chance to play with it yet and will post back when I do but that screen and the feature list is impressive.

Not that it matters but do you use the header given offset for trimming DS roms and is it "only" a CRC check?

Edit: tried it out and I am impressed, one of the best initial releases I have seen ever. If (7)zip reading (even better if multiple files per archive) was added then it would be goodbye offline list.

For trimming the roms, yes I am using the internal offsets in the rom (the ones at 0x80 to 0x83).

And no, it's not just CRC, I have another method to check roms as well, because if you have a patched or trim rom, just CRC won't cut it since it won't find the game's CRC in the database, even though it's still technically a good rom.

As for Zip support, it's definitly on the todo list. I plan to add gZip, Zip, and 7Zip. And yes, it will scan all of the files in the archive
smile.gif

Regards,
--Henry

any plans for rar support?

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
For those of you whose icons are disappearing; this seems to be a windows related bug. I will debug it in Windows and see if I can recreate the problem. If and when I do, it'll be easier to recreate the issue and then solve the problem.

@amemoryoncelost: The star means there's a trainer available for the game. As for seeing what game is already on your flash card, I was thinking about it, but didn't want to make things *too* colourful
tongue.gif
I'll see what I can do. I haven't checked PM's yet but when I do I'll respond to you.

@juggy: Sorry, no plans for RAR, unless someone writes a RealBasic plugin for it, which I don't intend on doing
tongue.gif
I'm already busy enough with other projects (including Rominator), along with the fact that I'm on vacation
smile.gif

--Henry

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
QUOTE said:

I don't understand why you can't see the icon. Email me a screenshot of your main window.

Here, I just freshly added these games to my list:
picture1dw5.jpg

Please email me your Cache.rsd file so I can take a peek at it. It might help in finding clues as to why it isn't working properly.

--Henry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Cj8n4MfhjUc?si=detAUm1a27hi4uTP