freemdoom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Beats me, but I asked the same exact question 3 pages earlier.
wacko.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Just wondering: does anyone have a boxart.rsd with ALL of the ROMs' art loaded? I have all 896 ROMs on an external USB drive that I use daily on my laptop - I'm not always connected to the internet, though, so I can't download the box art 'on demand' as I browse through my collection with ROMinator ... I can host a complete boxart.rsd on my site, if anyone else wants it (I've got about 299GB of disk space and 2800GB/month of bandwidth to spare) ...
wink.gif

Also (for Hank) I have a question about the way this program scans my ROM directory every time I open it, or even when I switch to a different game list. Would it be possible to implement a database system so that ROMinator doesn't have to scan every ROM EVERY time I open the program? It would make startup MUCH faster ...

Anyway, thanks again - great program!!

Well, I do have all box arts locally
smile.gif
What I can do for you is shove them all into a database for you and give that to you
smile.gif

PM me if you're interested
smile.gif

Regarding the loading speeds, v2.5 will load them 3 times faster -- I now have the program loading the filenames first, and icons after, so it speeds up the process very greatly
smile.gif

Regards.

Regards.

mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Hank, i have to say you are awesome

If every developer was like you, we'd have finals in every app going

What's better is you listen and take things on board

LEGEND

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Hank, i have to say you are awesome

If every developer was like you, we'd have finals in every app going

What's better is you listen and take things on board

LEGEND

*blush*

My goal is to take what people want, and make it a reality. I designed Rominator for you guys based on what you want, not what I want. It's thanks to the GBAtemp community that Rominator keeps getting better and better.

I'm going to release v2.5 Beta tonight in a few hours, I need you guys to test the new features and give me any bug reports/feedback. I'll release the exciting news when I release Rominator v2.5b
smile.gif

Regards,
--Henry

freemdoom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Would it be possible to have the option to permanently trim the roms when adding them to the game list? That way I wouldn't have to trim the rom each time it's transfered to the flash card.

Also, maybe that .dmg format for the Mac software?
looking forward to trying 2.5 and thanks for all the hard work!

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Would it be possible to have the option to permanently trim the roms when adding them to the game list? That way I wouldn't have to trim the rom each time it's transfered to the flash card.

Also, maybe that .dmg format for the Mac software?
looking forward to trying 2.5 and thanks for all the hard work!

You don't really need to keep the trimmed rom on your hard drive, as it doesn't trim and then flash. It flashes the rom directly trimmed. If the option to Automatically Trim when Flashing is enabled, then Rominator will dive into the rom, find the rom length, and only copy over the rom data, leaving the excess crap behind.

2.5b is ready to roll. The Mac one will be in DMG format so no unstuffing needs to happen, and then people complaining
tongue.gif
The Windows one will stay in a Zip archive.\

I'll make the post when I release it (in about 45 minutes)

Regards.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Allright, here's to v2.5b!

Kyuzumaki, the author of RomeR, and I have decided to join forces. Currently I am implementing all of RomeR's features into Rominator, and all that's left to do is Icon replacing, and Homebrew Support. In case you didn't know, RomeR is a rom info editor, that allows the editing of the header, game code, internal title, and icon. RomeR's almost completely integrated! Not only that, but there's a list of new features below:

• Add - .ds support
• Add - Rom Queue Window
• Add - Able to Modify Header, Game Code, Name (Icon Coming) - All from RomeR
• Add - Deleting Saves Optional when Deleting Rom
• Add - Colour Selection for List Types
• Add - Automatically Detect if Flash Card's Inserted
• Fix - Renaming on Flash Card -- Rename Save as Well
• Fix - Major Bug with Some Games Not Trimming Properly
• Fix - Speed up on Loading List -- Loads list first, Icons After

I'm not even done yet
smile.gif
There's still MORE awesome features yet to come!

One thing I'd like to mention:
Rominator has actually cost me money to develop. In order to bring some great features to you guys, I've had to make a choice, whether or not to purchase the extra plugins for added functionality. I bit the bullet and purchased them, even though all the software I write is freeware. I don't expect anything in return for the work I've done, but if you want to help, you're more than welcome to donate something to support the development of Rominator, if you really like it. Anyone who wishes to donate $15 will get their own theme in Rominator, with a design of their choice. Donations can be sent in the form of PayPal to: henry -at- hankchill -dot- com

Thanks for all your support.

Regards,
--Henry

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Great update!

Okay, just one problem. How do get to fill out the Genre and Release Group info? Mine's just left empty for every rom, trimmed or untrimmed.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Alright, another problem with the beta. It seems like the safe trimmed roms won't work on my DSX. The safe trimmed roms worked well in the previous version.

arman68

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Armenia
I'm not using CRC
smile.gif
Rom header, cartridge code, and ROM Version has done justice for me, because if someone patches a rom and tries to load it in a program that checks CRC, then it will be unrecognized.

What I *may* do is add in limited ZIP support, and add the CRC info into the database. Only downfall is, is that it would be only good for clean roms. If it's not clean, then it won't work. We shall see...

That's what I thought. Here's a suggestion to speed it up when using a zip: first check the CRC, and if it's on the db, check the rom headers, plus add a warning that the rom is patched.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the positive remarks, I'm glad you like the software
smile.gif

I fixed the issue, and tested a bunch of games -- they work now trimmed.

I changed the trimming code for 2.5 and tested it with 1 game... turns out that game worked, but about 20 others didn't
tongue.gif

The issue has been fixed, and an issue with drag & drop has been fixed as well.

fly_guy84, now trim your games and tell me if they work
smile.gif
Don't forget to download the new version.

Regards.

fli_guy84

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Okay, I've tried trimming Animal Crossings and Castlevania: DoS and they fine
smile.gif

Dunno if this is a bug or not, but whenever I try to flash Mario Kart (U) with safe trimming function to my flashcart, it freezes the program. No problems with other roms though.

Sorry for finding so many bugs
frown.gif

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, I've tried trimming Animal Crossings and Castlevania: DoS and they fine
smile.gif

Dunno if this is a bug or not, but whenever I try to flash Mario Kart (U) with safe trimming function to my flashcart, it freezes the program. No problems with other roms though.

Sorry for finding so many bugs
frown.gif

Why are you sorry? I'm glad you find the bugs
biggrin.gif

I'll test Mario Kart, and see what it's doing.

Regards.

hankchill

I Pwn n00bs.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.hankchill.com
XP
Country
Canada
Boy, I feel stupid
tongue.gif

All this time, I've been using a crappy method to transfer the files, and then I got hit in the head with a better method
biggrin.gif

NOW it works!

Go ahead and download it. 2.5b3, at your service
smile.gif

NOW try and find a bug with the trimming
biggrin.gif

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol