Hacking Rom swapping results

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nintendo451 said:
How do you edit the .tmd and .tik files? I got the 000000000.app thing to work, so the banner now has a different name, but it still only had one game at a time.

by editing the 4 letter game ID

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
a played for a while, how far did you get before crash??

also it seems to depend on what region the emu and injected rom are, i can inject allstars (E) into DKC2 and it works, but allstars (U) give "game pack cant be used with your region super famicom"

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone help?

I am playing terranigma on VC only there is no sound?? For the rest it plays perfectly
blink.gif

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Good thing is that installing injected roms it doesn't show in Wii Shop....

I really want to play 3 games but they won't work
frown.gif

Tanas

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stev418 said:

also it seems to depend on what region the emu and injected rom are, i can inject allstars (E) into DKC2 and it works, but allstars (U) give "game pack cant be used with your region super famicom"

It crashes for me not long after I start the game, and I found that I couldn't pickup any coins.
I injected the pal version of smk into DK2 pal.

darkangel5000

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
suloku said:
Then it might be the region free setting, I tried with ntsc original zelda on my pal wii and it has the audio issue.
Hey! =D

I've tried to inject Zelda v1.0 into Sin&Punishment and it works just like a charm. No graphic-glitches, no audio-issues, no anything =DD

*kinda happy*

So just for the records:

Zelda Ocarina of Time v1.0 US injected into Sin & Punishment PAL = Win
biggrin.gif

/e: Btw: thx to some user (have forgotten your name, sorry. ._.) who has pointed out, that ALL PAL Games except the Hanabi-Festival ones run just under 50Hz. And since This was a US Rom, i tried it to inject into a 60Hz channel... and yes... ._.

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
stev418 said:
you CAN have as many as you want, you need to change the ID in the .tmd and .tik files (eg. change JAUP to MEME), you can also rename the wii menu diplay name by editing the 00000000.app file

DKC2 can hanle the largest rom size (unless im missing a way to insert a bigger rom?)

super mario kart --> DKC2 (region free) --> working
emerald dragon --> DKC2 (region free) --> working
terranigma --> DKC2 --> Boots to game screen, crashes
Secret of mana 3? --> DKC2 --> Boots to game screen, scrashes
Super Mario RPG --> DKC2 --> boots to "need classic controller, then black/flickery screen"
Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World --> DKC2 -->working

Could you please tell me the names of the roms you used, I can't seem to get any game working but mario kart (ntsc) in a vc pal dkc2

Arakon

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Tanas said:
stev418 said:

It crashes for me not long after I start the game, and I found that I couldn't pickup any coins.
I injected the pal version of smk into DK2 pal.

you used a bad rom. there's a snes rom of SMK that has been around since the beginning of snes emulation that is a bad dump and causes the coin issue and crashes.

mb01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Timbaman said:
Super Mario Kart (U) inserted into Mario Picross (PAL VC) is working flawlessly 60hz 480p
grog.gif
I just tried Mario Kart U inserted into Mario Picross PAL VC and the game just black screens after the controller screen like all the other games i've tried. Did you have it on region free?

Timbaman

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mb01 said:
Timbaman said:
Super Mario Kart (U) inserted into Mario Picross (PAL VC) is working flawlessly 60hz 480p
grog.gif
I just tried Mario Kart U inserted into Mario Picross PAL VC and the game just black screens after the controller screen like all the other games i've tried. Did you have it on region free?
Yes I had it in region free, it also depends on the rom you use apparently, I tried with different roms, only one of them worked;
It was 513 kb, don't know if that has anything to do with it..

BTW: yoshi's island v1.1 E does not work in dkc2 pal
cry.gif
Asterix & Obelix (E) doesn't work in dkc2 pal
don't know if this was known or not.

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
i remember playing that game on the dreamcast... n64 version should be good too.

there was a ps2 sequel too

megabug7

Forum Relic
Trophies
XP
Country
Updated Wiki

NTSC - Treasure Hunter G English Beta 2 patch -> Original VC PAL Donkey Kong Country 2
Working + Saving + Running Proper Speed

VERY HAPPY
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o