Hacking Rom hack doesn't work on specific 3ds

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I have pokemon volt white 2 on my r4 flashcart, I believe it's a r4 3ds rts or something like that.
Booting the rom works and all but after choosing my name and Juniper is all like "go to the world of pokemon", i get a black screen that never ends.
However, on my old 3ds the game works fine. I'm able to go past where that black screen would be and even save.
I've tried using that save on my new 3ds where i'm getting this issue, but loading the save causes an endless black screen.
Other games on the r4 work. The only one that has this issue, specific to this new 3ds is volt white 2. I've also tried blaze black 2 which has the same scenario; works fine on the old 3ds but not the new 3ds.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I've also tried loading it on dsimenu++ but I just get a message saying "Error!" with the loading symbol red...

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If it wasn't clear;
My R4 is able to load a game on one 3ds, but it fails to load it on the other 3ds.
Is there anything I could try to fix this as my partner uses the 3ds it works on, thus I can't just leave it like this?

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your response.
That's one of the first things I tried, making the one that doesn't work, match the settings with the one it works with.
Still didn't fix it.

Durelle

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Have you tried ntr?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What I meant to say, check to see if the ntr is the same version

-edit-

Ignore this post, it made no sense

Last edited by Durelle,

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Do you mean NTR cfw through boot ntr? Because that's what i've tried and it still gets to a black screen.
Pokemon ranger: Guardian signs also don't boot at all. black screen right from the start yet the game boots fine if I put the r4 in the old 3ds...

RoyalLemons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you so much, what you linked me to helped me fix it. I had a patched twl_firm and needed a clean one installed.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: