• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I dunno about you but I don't like the idea of western forces being allowed to use shit like napalm or dirty bombs on enemy forces. Maybe you like people dying decades down the line to agent orange and shit though! Would be in line with your other psychotic opinions, lmao!!
Napalm had been fully decommissioned by the U.S. Army, the last canister was destroyed in 2001. The use of Agent Orange stopped in the 1970’s. Not sure what you mean by “dirty bombs”, the U.S. never used dirty nukes if that’s what you meant, they can afford real ones. Do you mean depleted uranium shells? Those are not used because they’re radioactive, they’re used for armor penetration.

LainaGabranth

Objectively the most infuriating woman ever
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My browser derped and slashed the post in half. I’ve updated it now. In any case, your concerns seem decades out of date, you’ll have to be more specific.
I don't see what relevance "The army doesn't use this" has to "Deregulation of munitions." Maybe you can elaborate.

Also, the last napalm bomb was used in 2003 in Iraq. While the exact composition isn't the same, the function and destruction is. Also, y'know. White phosphorus and all that. My point is, your post even once expanded is a pretty useless reply that doesn't really contribute anything to my objection to the removal of wartime regulations.

Reactions: Dark_Ansem

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
All 3 of those 1st quots were the same thing and they are all hear say. I
When it's littearrly the person right next to them saying that. That's not hearsay. If she heard it from someone else, who heard it. Then it would be. And she does meet the adquate part of that definition to pass, as she was right next to him time and time again. Primarily because it's part of her job

Last edited by Deleted member 586536,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I don't see what relevance "The army doesn't use this" has to "Deregulation of munitions." Maybe you can elaborate.

Also, the last napalm bomb was used in 2003 in Iraq. While the exact composition isn't the same, the function and destruction is. Also, y'know. White phosphorus and all that. My point is, your post even once expanded is a pretty useless reply that doesn't really contribute anything to my objection to the removal of wartime regulations.
White phosphorus and napalm are not the same, their chemical composition and function are different. Napalm is a mixture of a volatile (petrol or diesel fuel) and a gelling agent, it was deployed by plane to indiscriminately clear out large swathes of land. White phosphorous munitions are, well, white phosphorus. While they *can* be deployed somewhat like napalm, more modern munitions were specifically designed for tactical uses like bunker or tank busting. They’d penetrate otherwise impenetrable armor plating/obstacles and burn the crew. As far as munitions regulation is concerned, I think we both agree that it’s necessary - that sadly means that not everyone will play fair and honourable, but I’d rather be the “good guy” in any conflict, a sentiment not always shared by fellow gun enthusiasts. I simply figured that I’d mention that those weapons aren’t in use, and haven’t been in use for a very long time.

Edit: Had a quick look at that 2003 case and, technically speaking, they used a different chemical, let’s call it “Napalm 2.0”. The bomb used kerosene instead and was mostly deployed for its psychological effect - the smell of napalm. Still, the weapon type was banned, so they should get bonked a bit for that.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
White phosphorus and napalm are not one and the same, their chemical composition and function are different. Napalm is a mixture of a volatile (petrol or diesel fuel) and a gelling agent, it was deployed by plane to indiscriminately clear out large swathes of land. White phosphorous munitions are, well, white phosphorus. While they *can* be deployed somewhat like napalm, more modern munitions were specifically designed for tactical uses like bunker or tank busting. They’d penetrate otherwise impenetrable armor plating/obstacles and burn the crew. As far as munitions regulation is concerned, I think we both agree that it’s necessary - that sadly means that not everyone will play fair and honourable, but I’d rather be the “good guy” in any conflict, a sentiment not always shared by fellow gun enthusiasts. I simply figured that I’d mention that those games aren’t in use, and haven’t been in use for a very long time.

Edit: Had a quick look at that 2003 case and, technically speaking, they used “Napalm 2.0”. The bomb used kerosene instead and was mostly deployed for its psychological effect - the smell of napalm. Still, the weapon type was banned, so they should get bonked a bit for that.
DIY Petrol bomb terrorists use petrol mixed with polystyrene and a little sugar.

Last edited by mrdude,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
DIY Petrol bomb terrorists use petrol mixed with polystyrene and a little sugar.
Well, the whole point is that it’s highly flammable and sticky, so yeah, I can see that. Apparently styrene (the base polymer used for styrofoam) polymerises when combined with benzene, resulting in a highly flammable, sticky mess.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Well, the whole point is that it’s highly flammable and sticky, so yeah, I can see that. Apparently styrene (the base polymer used for styrofoam) polymerises when combined with benzene, resulting in a highly flammable, sticky mess.
For more top tips get yourself a copy of The Anarchist Cookbook.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Oh, I’m well-aware of the recipe - I’m from the old Internet.
I'm from the Amiga BBS days, back in the dial up days I had a 16 kbps modem and was the envy of many! How times have changed :-). Remember when AOL was a thing - In UK we had currant bun internet in the late 90's, back then it was awesome as it only took about 3 days to download a CD ISO.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm from the Amiga BBS days, back in the dial up days I had a 16 kbps modem and was the envy of many! How times have changed :-). Remember when AOL was a thing - In UK we had currant bun internet in the late 90's, back then it was awesome as it only took about 3 days to download a CD ISO.
Can’t help but think that things were better back then, I miss the old web. In any case, Roe v. Wade, yes? We strayed quite a bit from the topic of the conversation.

Reactions: tabzer and mrdude

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I am still wondering how the “small government” crowd is ok with this happening. Shouldn’t they be against states regulating what people can do to their bodies or is only big government when it’s a federal law protecting people? It seems like the “small government” crowd really seems to focus on laws that protect people from the government but turn a blind eye the second states enact actual laws restricting people.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
I am still wondering how the “small government” crowd is ok with this happening. Shouldn’t they be against states regulating what people can do to their bodies or is only big government when it’s a federal law protecting people? It seems like the “small government” crowd really seems to focus on laws that protect people from the government but turn a blind eye the second states enact actual laws restricting people.
They are against people murdering other peoples bodies - the unborn child isn't some inconvenience that needs killed, it's a sentient being that doesn't deserve to be snuffed out before it's even taken it's first breath.

The book, Watch Me Grow, by Professor Stuart Campbell, former head of obstetrics at the King's College Hospital, London, captured pictures of babies at 12 weeks "jumping off the sides of the womb like a trampoline," opening their eyes at 18 weeks and apparently smiling at 22 weeks.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...en-is-the-foetus-a-sentient-being-528676.html

Just because you can't see a baby under the skin of the mothers belly - doesn't mean it's not a live human being.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
They are against people murdering other peoples bodies - the unborn child isn't some inconvience that needs killed, it's a sentient being that doesn't deserve to be snuffed out before it's even taken it's first breath.
Your comment didn’t answer my question. Why do pro-lifers constantly deflect questions? I have to ask, how do you or anyone else plan on stopping abortions? I’ve said this countless times before, history and current events show that abortions are going to continue to happen, they will just move to dirty motels. So what’s your plan to stop that? Roe v Wade at least moved abortions to cleans and professional settings, which drastically dropped the rate of people dying from abortions or dying from complications that lead up to an abortion. Abortions are still going to happen, so what’s the plan?

Last edited by The Catboy,

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Your comment didn’t answer my question. Why do pro-lifers constantly deflect questions? I have to ask, how do you or anyone else plan on stopping abortions? I’ve said this countless times before, history and current events show that abortions are going to continue to happen, they will just move to dirty motels. So what’s your plan to stop that? Roe v Wade at least moved abortions to cleans and professional settings, which drastically dropped the rate of people dying from abortions or dying from complications that lead up to an abortion. These are still going to happen, so what’s the plan?
You won't be able to stop someone that's intent on going to a dirty motel because people have free will. They will however face the might of the law afterwards if they are found out so if they want to take that chance it's up to them and they have to live with that.

I found in the comments section from this youtube video from nurses that have been forced to give abortions quite heartbeaking. It's not just the person having the abortion that suffers, the kid is killed and the mental toll on the nurses also needs to be taken into account. As well as the fathers and potential grandparents.

The Catboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You won't be able to stop someone that's intent on going to a dirty motel because people have free will. They will however face the might of the law afterwards if they are found out so if they want to take that chance it's up to them and they have to live with that.

I found in the comments section from this youtube video from nurses that have been forced to give aboritions quite heartbeaking. It's not just the person having the abortion that suffers, the kid is killed and the mental toll on the nurses also needs to be taken into account. As well as the fathers and potential grandparents.

I really don't see unverified sob stories posted by a group known for spreading misinformation and hatred as a very convincing argument. I also don't take unverified claims on a YouTube video for anything other than unverified claims. Neither of us can prove these claims are coming from actual nurses and I have no reason to trust they have. And it seems your logic really doesn't make much sense when dealing with the topic of abortions. If abortions are going to happen, why force them to happen in dirty motels? Equally, what plans are in place to help those who were forced to carry a child? If there's no plan, then why make people suffer? It seems more like the pro-life approach is just extremely abusive and only focused on forcing lives into this world and nothing else.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They are against people murdering other peoples bodies - the unborn child isn't some inconvenience that needs killed, it's a sentient being that doesn't deserve to be snuffed out before it's even taken it's first breath.

Why doesn't it need to be snuffed out? What's the concern about preserving it's life? It offers nothing of value to society, it doesn't process pain or much of reality, especially during the first trimester. Why is it's life important to you when it has no impact on your life whatsoever except the satisfaction of having control over someone else's body?

Just because you can't see a baby under the skin of the mothers belly - doesn't mean it's not a live human being.

And yet these unseen babies are more important than preservation of the lives of the babies already born? What makes that distinction for you?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
For those that want to see some hi-res pictures of fetal development week by week from when the sperm first fertilises an egg, this is a very interesting watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    fluff663 @ fluff663: hello everyone