• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Roe V Wade has been repealed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 586536

Returned shipping and mailing
Trophies
XP
^This. This is the reason Roe v Wade was overruled. If it wasn't so red stacked during his presidency, this wouldn't have ever been a problem.
Reminder again, for everyone reading or responding, Republicans are the minority party, they never one the popular vote, for the last 20 years roughly.

SyphenFreht

As above, so below
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^This. This is the reason Roe v Wade was overruled. If it wasn't so red stacked during his presidency, this wouldn't have ever been a problem.

Didn't he spend more office time repealing Obama era mandates and appointing people aligning with his ideas more often than not during the first two years of his presidency? The only time he took a break was to blame COVID on China and use that as an excuse to set up tariffs on them.

Reactions: The Catboy

mituzora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't he spend more office time repealing Obama era mandates and appointing people aligning with his ideas more often than not during the first two years of his presidency? The only time he took a break was to blame COVID on China and use that as an excuse to set up tariffs on them.
Pretty much

Reactions: SyphenFreht

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Maybe that's because Trump created the supreme court super majority they have right now? With 3 of the justices being appointed by him. And specifically choose people who would align with his political beliefs.
The supreme court has leaned one way or the other since it was formed, at this point in time it just happens to lean towards the right - maybe if Ruth Ginsburg didn't pop her clogs things would be diffent but she did so the sitting president at the time gets the choice. Are you trying to say it's Trumps fault that Ruth Ginsburg died when he was in office and he changed the rules? Also Biden picked that black chick that can't even define what a woman is? What good is that - especailly when you make laws that effect woman and you can't even say what one is because you're not a biologist.

Biden is an idiot - it's always someone else's fault, this is the typical left ideology - always try to blame someone else when something goes wrong, but take all the credit when something goes right.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
The supreme court has leaned one way or the other since it was formed, at this point in time it just happens to lean towards the right - maybe if Ruth Ginsburg didn't pop her clogs things would be diffent but she did so the sitting president at the time gets the choice. Are you trying to say it's Trumps fault that Ruth Ginsburg died when he was in office and he changed the rules? Also Biden picked that black chick that can't even define what a woman is? What good is that - especailly when you make laws that effect woman and you can't even say what one is because you're not a biologist.

Biden is an idiot - it's always someone else's fault, this is the typical left ideology - always try to blame someone else when something goes wrong, but take all the credit when something goes right.
Actually yes, because republican hypocrisy!
Republicans during obama's administration:
"We will let the people decide the next supreme court jusitce" (burns almost 9 months of time)
Gets a republican justice due to trump being elected.

Republicans during trumps last couple few months before the elections are counted:
"We didn't say anything about waiting"
puts Coney Barrett in the last three months before the year ends
Yeah... letting the people decide... When it's politically useful.

Reactions: The Catboy

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Actually yes, because republican hypocrisy!
Republicans during obama's administration:
"We will let the people decide the next supreme court jusitce" (burns almost 9 months of time)
Gets a republican justice due to trump being elected.

Republicans during trumps last couple few months before the elections are counted:
"We didn't say anything about waiting"
puts Coney Barrett in the last three months before the year ends
Yeah... letting the people decide... When it's politically useful.
Do you hate republicans?

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did misunderstand you sorry, but having sex doesn't mean that killing a human being in a human's womb should be legal, I think that's really the issue here.
A fetus is not a person, but even if it were, that doesn't mean a woman's right to bodily autonomy should be violated. You wouldn't want the state to be able to force you to give me one of your kidneys, even if I would die without it.

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
Do you hate republicans?
you already asked that question. And you already got decked on for your climate denying stance.
Yeah I do. Golly I wonder why, is it because they are against LGBTQ people, against gay marriage, against dealing with climate change, against dealing with any level of political corruption and refuse to help working class people. Have you seen Texas's GOP platform? They STRAIGHT UP, want to prevent gender affirming care. entirely doesn't matter if your a teen, or adult.
I cannot in good faith stand idly by and not be angry as I watch my peers ruthlessly prosecuted by that party

Reactions: DoctorBagPhD

Deleted member 586536

Trophies
XP
So you're a hatefull little person, this seems to be the way of the left - I bet you also sympathise with commies.
Hateful of intolerant people who do harm to several minorities at once and want to rule the majority of people with a minority opinion yeah. Glad that your trying to paint me as a "hateful" person, try harder.
And pleease lmao, "sympathize with commies"
You don't understand that word clearly, seems to be word you like to throw out commonly with not understanding what it means.

DoctorBagPhD

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I love how any suggestion to improve things in the USA is automatically painted as communism by mercury drinking inbreeds. Sorry, Republicans. I meant to type Republicans.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. I've had enough entertainment for the night. Big thanks to the clowns who debased themselves for my entertainment and big props to the rational folks actually trying to talk sense to them, you have infinitely more patience and faith in peoples' ability to listen to reason than I do.

Elodain

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe that's because Trump created the supreme court super majority they have right now?
That's politics in a nutshell though. Put your friends in office so you can force your will upon the country.

Reds and Blues both do it. Greens and every other political party nobody really cares about would do the same if anyone voted them in.

I'm shocked Biden hasn't done the same yet. But he will. Or the next Blue rep will.

My question is would you complain if the cabinet, senate, house, etc was so was so left heavy you all got your way? Or would that be acceptable in your eyes and you're only angry because it's not YOUR will that's being forced?

It's a shite system regardless of who's doing it. But it's what we are currently stuck with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.