Gaming Rocksmith noise problem

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho!

I recently picked up the PS4 version of Rocksmith 2014 to replace the version on my dying PS3, but I have a problem with it. Basically, here's what happens.

- Whenever I plug the Real Tone cable into the USB port, even when the guitar isn't connected, it has a massive hissy fit, causes a lot of noise, and the tuner icon starts going all over the place, flitting from left to right rapidly.

- Plugging my guitar in and muting the strings shuts it up, but the moment I release said strings, it goes back to having a seizure.

- It's absolutely impossible to even get through calibration, much less the tuner and playing anything.

I have confirmed beyond any doubt whatsoever that the problem is NOT my cable, guitar, TV or HDMI cable. I set the old PS3 back up and tested the old version of the game, it played perfectly using the exact same setup. I've also given the PS4 a thorough cleaning in case the problem was caused by dirt in the USB ports or something, but to no avail. I've tried both USB ports, I've even tried it with my spare guitar. Nothing seems to shut it up.

Does anyone have any clue what the issue is, and how to fix it? My PS3 is dying of old age so I won't be able to play the old version much longer, hence the upgrade. So I really need it up and running properly on my PS4. Google was remarkably unhelpful since the fixes all seemed to be for the PC version of the game.

Any advice welcomed. Thanks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-