SONY has a bug on ps4 concerning the temperature probe and their fan on ps4 std/pro

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi All,

For Me, SONY has a bug on ps4 concerning the temperature probe and their fan on some ps4 std/pro.....It simple and easy:
I've clean up my PS4, clean heatsink and put new thermal paste inside....and Still, I have no "HEAT PROBLEM" on my ps4 but "SOUND PROBLEM" on my ps4 because the firmware on the ps4 Make my FAN Runs at MAX Speed when I laucn a game requiring CPU/GPU Ressource of the ps4, and of couse....I Cannot control the speed of the fan of the ps4 .
Updating the database of the ps4 doesn't do anything. Maybe changing the fan or the Power supply would help, maybe someone might know, but I found that this is a SONY problem. with their firmware...
There is no way to test a fan or the alimentation on their OS and that is something somehow wrong.
Seems their firmware update puts wrong update on some fans which are differents models:
There are around 6 differents models of fans beween Nidec/ Delta or others.

Someone might ask himself....Does SONY do this INTENTIALLY for people with ps4 std change it for a PS4 PRO or PS5?????
They could be sued for all the problems of noise so many of us had which wasn't due to bad cleaning!

Sony brings the AFTERBURNERS to your home:

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have proof that there is an issue with the firmware causing the fan to run at max speed? Does the top of your console get hot, or is the air coming out of the back really hot? My PS4 and Pro both almost run silent. The air is extremely hot coming out of the back of the Pro especially and the fan is nearly silent..even after 2+ hours on the most demanding games. The only game that makes my Pro make any noise at all is the new God of War, and even then it's barely noticeable.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As I said, it depends of the Fan you have, it's depends also on it's age, it's condition, and also the firmware your PS4 had on it, I suspect some chip the firmware might have not passed well for updating correctly the information about the FANS.
Now, when a device updates, like a computer (exemple lenovo), not only the bios is updated but also the camera, the usb concentrator etc etc.....Well it's the same for our console, and I suspect some fan are not taken correctly in consideration or Sony just don't care about the problem. So the solution would be an os where you can select the maximum speed of your fan when the CPU of the console is mainly used more.....Users with almost new material and certain fan models are not "AFFECTED" but there are many users in my case!

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
There is no "firmware" on the "fans", it's all handled by the OS itself. It makes 0 difference what fan is in your PS4, they're all "dumb" and behave the same way: they have three wires, one for power, one for ground, and one for sense/tachometer. That's it. It wouldn't make a single difference if you put any other fan in your PS4, they're all going to behave the exact same.

The real answer is you probably just did a shit job cleaning your PS4. Check the heatsink and make sure you actually cleaned up any debris inside, and make sure you put the APU clamp on properly.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
How could it be that is perfectly allright when playing normal game, NO NOISE AT ALL in menu or playing those game 4H, and not CPU intensive game it becomes a TRUE AIRPORT NOISE, TOM, what's your job? Do you think a little dirt could do this?? Think again!!! That's an insane difference!! You didn't READ......If it was the heatsink, it would do noise it normal games that haven't 3D instructions like God of war.

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There is no "firmware" on the "fans", it's all handled by the OS itself. It makes 0 difference what fan is in your PS4, they're all "dumb" and behave the same way: they have three wires, one for power, one for ground, and one for sense/tachometer. That's it. It wouldn't make a single difference if you put any other fan in your PS4, they're all going to behave the exact same.
Actually, Syscon/Southbridge controls the fan.

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Syscon_Hardware
https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps4/Southbridge

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How could it be that is perfectly allright when playing normal game, NO NOISE AT ALL in menu or playing those game 4H, and not CPU intensive game it becomes a TRUE AIRPORT NOISE, TOM, what's your job? Do you think a little dirt could do this?? Think again!!! That's an insane difference!! You didn't READ......If it was the heatsink, it would do noise it normal games that haven't 3D instructions like God of war.
Hi All,

For Me, SONY has a bug on ps4 concerning the temperature probe and their fan on ps4 std/pro.....It simple and easy:
I've clean up my PS4 and put new thermal paste inside....and Still, I have not "HEAT PROBLEM" on my ps4 but "SOUND PROBLEM" on my ps4 because the firmware on the ps4 Make my FAN Runs at MAX MAX Speed when I laucn a game requiring CPU/GPU Ressource of the ps4, and of couse....I Cannot control the speed of the fan of the ps4 .

I have no clue what you're saying, because none of it makes sense and it's all broken english. Regardless, you say you opened your console and "put new thermal paste inside" and your fan still "runs at MAX MAX Speed when I laucn a game". Aka you opened your PS4, probably didn't clean the heatsink or PSU of dust and debris or maybe didn't put the bracket for the heatsink back, which is infinitely more likely causing your fan issues than Sony purposefully bricking a console they still support.

Yes, debris in the fins of the heatsink will 100% cause your issues. The fan pushes air through the fins in the heatsink, if it's clogged with dirt/debris it would cause your fan to spin because heat is not dissipating.

I fix these consoles for a living :rolleyes:

Potato potahto, my point is there's no "fan firmware" as OP seems to think, it's all controlled by an underlying OS. Whether it's the firmware that runs on the southbridge (and still communicates with the main OS) or Sony's main OS Is irrelevant.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have a heat detector, do you know what that is???? IT's says it's perfectly alright concerning heat, so why do you still FUCKING STILL speak about heatsink??? Are you a dick head from sony??
I am speaking about noise...And for that, I don't need a decibel detector and that is what is wrong: The Fan is set at MAXIMUM speed when particular games are launch, the one requiring CPU, and that is abnormal to launch the fan at that speed. Maybe it's the probe or the fan that has something wrong, but that's what I am trying to figure out, how to solve this! For the readers, if you only know, like tom, solving fan noise problems with removing dirt or cleaning sink, and don't know there are chips operating the fan on the PS4, no need to reply.....
Has you don't know it, the video with noise occurs also after heatsink cleaning in some particular cases. Master801 seems to know better about fan control than you! Please, does someone know how to "re-update" correctly the Syscon/Southbridge chips? (as the ps4 OS can't manually control the speed of the fan). Sony should do something is order to re-update those chips if there firmware are wrong or didn't update correctly in rare case.

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Panzer_Baboon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to start an online petition to get everyone to file a class action lawsuit against Sony if you have proof of any of this.

I have a launch model PS4 and launch model Pro and they're both quieter now than when they were new. The first time I cleaned and reapplied thermal paste on my Pro it only lasted 3 weeks because I was a fool and used Arctic (what typical people say to use) branded garbage that was runny and pumped out quickly. I redid it again using IC Diamond and its still nearly silent after 3 years. 1 bead longways down the chip (no pea sized dot and no spreading). I was careful to put it back together perfectly 1 shot without having to readjust anything. Tightened the screws 1/4 turn at a time rotating from screw to screw until they were all tight. It's been perfect since August of 2020.

I used the same technique on my PS4 and it's also been working out for 2 years.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi All,

For Me, SONY has a bug on ps4 concerning the temperature probe and their fan on some ps4 std/pro.....It simple and easy:
I've clean up my PS4, clean heatsink and put new thermal paste inside....and Still, I have no "HEAT PROBLEM" on my ps4 but "SOUND PROBLEM" on my ps4 because the firmware on the ps4 Make my FAN Runs at MAX Speed when I laucn a game requiring CPU/GPU Ressource of the ps4, and of couse....I Cannot control the speed of the fan of the ps4 .
Updating the database of the ps4 doesn't do anything. Maybe changing the fan or the Power supply would help, maybe someone might know, but I found that this is a SONY problem. with their firmware...
There is no way to test a fan or the alimentation on their OS and that is something somehow wrong.
Seems their firmware update puts wrong update on some fans which are differents models:
There are around 6 differents models of fans beween Nidec/ Delta or others.

Someone might ask himself....Does SONY do this INTENTIALLY for people with ps4 std change it for a PS4 PRO or PS5?????
They could be sued for all the problems of noise so many of us had which wasn't due to bad cleaning!

Sony brings the AFTERBURNERS to your home:

Are you sure it isn't just the fan bearings going bad? Fans don't last forever, and once they start failing, they get extremely noisy before they eventually stop working altogether.

mrmagicm

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are you sure it isn't just the fan bearings going bad? Fans don't last forever, and once they start failing, they get extremely noisy before they eventually stop working altogether.
The question is, in that case, shouldn't the fan do this in ALL games? Do you understand this?
Or does that mean the fan doesn't work in most game and SUDDENDY becames to work in some games??

The Real Jdbye "bearings going bad"....Did you see the video? Is that hearing bad enought for you? ^^ This...Is in "some games neeeding high CPU", it is fine in others.​

Last edited by mrmagicm,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If I had a CNC to tinker with, I'd redesign the Fan/heatsink to a better design so users can just swap in regular replacement fans that are good quality and easy to get. Sony likes their proprietary fans.

Reactions: Maupiti

Maupiti

Hacking is so « Nice »
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I had a CNC to tinker with, I'd redesign the Fan/heatsink to a better design so users can just swap in regular replacement fans that are good quality and easy to get. Sony likes their proprietary fans.
Yep, so true, should be as easy as on a computer, and technically, they could do it …

I miss the time of Xbox, 1st generation, you could customise so many things 😳😂, and so many mods…

Last edited by Maupiti,
Reactions: SylverReZ and Jayro

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Yep, so true, should be as easy as on a computer, and technically, they could do it …

I miss the time of Xbox, 1st generation, you could customise so many things 😳😂, and so many mods…
Still can, just ask our resident expert @SylverReZ .

Reactions: SylverReZ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto