Jax

Pip Pip Cheerioink!
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Why don't you try the (U) version?
wtf.gif

Edit: Nevermind, I guess you want the cutscenes and voices.

enishi37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah. I didn't like the US version. The japanese version is the best b/c of the cutscenes and voices.

However, I can't read and understand japanese that well.

enishi37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually, I'm trying to get the in-game dialogue. Its cool how they subbed the movies. but I want the japanese dialogue w/ english txt.

I don't know how to "link" the dialogue files from the JP rom into the USA rom.

I could however replace the Japanese Text in the JP rom with english text. but it has been tried and apparently there is a bug with the NPC's(see comments in the YouTube vid link).

If anyone knows, or knows of someone, that could do a perfect/near perfect translated rom. PM me or reply on this post.

shado blackstar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Put the ENG text files in the JPN ROM, along with the ENG font, and rename them to replace the JPN ones more or less. It breaks when you try to talk to an NPC, though. I'm guessing I just missed a text file, so the NPCs tried to call some Kanji that I didn't have.

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Would I be able to some how transfer the audio part of the Japaneses ROM and put into the English ROM? Now that I found about this it feels like like this game is not complete. : /
wtf.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah it is quite simple to do, have a read of Megaman 5 with Rockman 5 sounds as the principle is entirely the same:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=457

If you are having a very hard time though post back and I will run through it fully.

edit:
if what -EX- says is true then you may have to mod the soundfile, it should be enough to alter the FAT of the soundfile though.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The programming in the US rom was changed. You can't just replace sounds. You'd better off replacing text in the Japanese version.

enishi37

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Put the ENG text files in the JPN ROM, along with the ENG font, and rename them to replace the JPN ones more or less. It breaks when you try to talk to an NPC, though. I'm guessing I just missed a text file, so the NPCs tried to call some Kanji that I didn't have.

Yeah it is quite simple to do, have a read of Megaman 5 with Rockman 5 sounds as the principle is entirely the same:
http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=457

If you are having a very hard time though post back and I will run through it fully.

edit:
if what -EX- says is true then you may have to mod the soundfile, it should be enough to alter the FAT of the soundfile though.

What file is the english font in the US rom? I can't find it in the "data" folder. There's one called font_jp and font_pal. I dont' think those are the right ones.

Thanks for the link for the megaman 5 battle network. I think you may need to go indepth for an explanation.

Thanks everyone

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thank you. I'm now going to try and attempt to change the English ROM to have everything that the Japanese ROM had. (Don't think I'll succeed anywhere, so I don't promise anything.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)