Rockman ZX

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by enishi37, Feb 27, 2007.

Feb 27, 2007

Rockman ZX by enishi37 at 6:59 PM (1,383 Views / 0 Likes) 13 replies

1. enishi37
    OP

Newcomer enishi37 Member

I was browsing Youtube and found this:

A Rockman ZX translation

I was just wondering if there was a patch out for the rom or if there was a website for information about this having the japanese version translated.

thanks

2. Jax

Member Jax Pip Pip Cheerioink!

Portugal
    Why don't you try the (U) version? [​IMG]

Edit: Nevermind, I guess you want the cutscenes and voices.

3. enishi37
    OP

Newcomer enishi37 Member

yeah. I didn't like the US version. The japanese version is the best b/c of the cutscenes and voices.

However, I can't read and understand japanese that well.

4. mflo

Member mflo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    eh, I'm playing the (U) version, and the voices in the cutscenes are in japanese.

5. outphase

Member outphase Custom title

United States
    Why don't you just take the sound file from the japanese version and inject it into the US version? I did it and it works fine.

6. enishi37
    OP

Newcomer enishi37 Member

Actually, I'm trying to get the in-game dialogue. Its cool how they subbed the movies. but I want the japanese dialogue w/ english txt.

I don't know how to "link" the dialogue files from the JP rom into the USA rom.

I could however replace the Japanese Text in the JP rom with english text. but it has been tried and apparently there is a bug with the NPC's(see comments in the YouTube vid link).

If anyone knows, or knows of someone, that could do a perfect/near perfect translated rom. PM me or reply on this post.

7. imyourxpan

Member imyourxpan GBAtemp Fan

United States
    How'd you do it? I think it sounds cool to hear the Japanese voice over and read the text. It's how I usually watch my anime. Thank You

8. enishi37
    OP

Newcomer enishi37 Member

I'm still trying to figure it out myself [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] :'( :'(

9. shado blackstar

Member shado blackstar GBAtemp Regular

Put the ENG text files in the JPN ROM, along with the ENG font, and rename them to replace the JPN ones more or less. It breaks when you try to talk to an NPC, though. I'm guessing I just missed a text file, so the NPCs tried to call some Kanji that I didn't have.

10. Da Foxx

Member Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Would I be able to some how transfer the audio part of the Japaneses ROM and put into the English ROM? Now that I found about this it feels like like this game is not complete. : / [​IMG]

11. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Yeah it is quite simple to do, have a read of Megaman 5 with Rockman 5 sounds as the principle is entirely the same:
    http://ezflash.sosuke.com/viewtopic.php?t=457

If you are having a very hard time though post back and I will run through it fully.

edit:
    if what -EX- says is true then you may have to mod the soundfile, it should be enough to alter the FAT of the soundfile though.

12. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    The programming in the US rom was changed. You can't just replace sounds. You'd better off replacing text in the Japanese version.

13. enishi37
    OP

Newcomer enishi37 Member

What file is the english font in the US rom? I can't find it in the "data" folder. There's one called font_jp and font_pal. I dont' think those are the right ones.

Thanks for the link for the megaman 5 battle network. I think you may need to go indepth for an explanation.

Thanks everyone

14. Da Foxx

Member Da Foxx GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Thank you. I'm now going to try and attempt to change the English ROM to have everything that the Japanese ROM had. (Don't think I'll succeed anywhere, so I don't promise anything.)