Gaming Rockband Voucher

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
mpg187 said:
When it does it hacked buying it early will have helped me.

It's not a waste since I am using it for music...

There is a thing called an iPod or MP3 player.
So yeah, you wasted your money. I hope Sony brings out a new motherboard for the PSP Go and that one only gets hacked. (:

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
deanxxczx said:
mpg187 said:
When it does it hacked buying it early will have helped me.

It's not a waste since I am using it for music...

There is a thing called an iPod or MP3 player.
But an iPod is not as good as a PSP Go. With the PSP you just use any file manager (Mac, Windows, Linux, Embedded Device, Console,etc) to copy fles. With iPod you have to use iTunes or a compatible program.

QUOTE(deanxxczx @ Jan 15 2010, 09:20 AM)
I hope Sony brings out a new motherboard for the PSP Go and that one only gets hacked. (:
That is a very ignorant thing to say. You know that I bought my PSP Go early in hopes if increased odds of getting it hacked...

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iPods aren't the only MP3 player in existence. I have a Sansa Fuze:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Video-...d=3S90DZCNTY7EQ

Also DS != PSP in terms of hacking. The earlier the better, as there's more options on the 1000 (last time I checked, at least) and the newer 2000's/3000's can't be hacked at all (again, at least the last time I was really up-to-date on everything). With the DS, there's really no advantage to the Phat over the Lite, as the hacking options are the same.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
mpg187 said:
deanxxczx said:
I hope Sony brings out a new motherboard for the PSP Go and that one only gets hacked. (:
That is a very ignorant thing to say. You know that I bought my PSP Go early in hopes if increased odds of getting it hacked...

Actually that's an ignorant thing to say as it shows that:
A) You didn't read the post properly
or
B) You don't know what ignorant means

It wasn't a nice thing to say but he's just a bit gobsmacked that you bought a PSP Go despite having 2 perfectly good PSP systems that are already hacked in hopes it will be hacked soon when the TA088 v3 hasn't even been fully hacked yet.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
I am not ignorant and I know what ignorant means, perhaps you should read the post...

Maybe some people here are mad because they cannot afford more than one PSP. Having more than one is something I need. Incase one breaks, gets jacked by a crackhead, etc I would need a backup PSP. Also if I wanna play multiplayer with friends I can borrow one to them. And for testing different firmwares....

Magoo222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mpg187 said:
Maybe some people here are mad because they cannot afford more than one PSP. Having more than one is something I need...

And for testing different firmwares...

So buy a second PSP Go and update that one, then keep the one you have now on 5.70 ready for the hack. That way you can test both firmwares, increase your PSP collection, and support both Sony and the hacking community. Win:Win really.

Hashagou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used my ps3 to download rockband with the voucher
and then used a usb cable to transfer it too my 5.70 pspGO and it plays fine
but i have to say its not that good of a game
but any game is better then no game

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Hashagou said:
but any game is better then no gameCan you download it using a computer that way? When did you do this, was it at the time when 5.70 was the latest firmware?

SylvWolf said:
iPods aren't the only MP3 player in existence. I have a Sansa Fuze:

http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Sansa-Video-...d=3S90DZCNTY7EQHow do you put songs on it?

QUOTE(Jamstruth @ Jan 16 2010, 05:57 AM)
It wasn't a nice thing to say but he's just a bit gobsmacked that you bought a PSP Go despite having 2 perfectly good PSP systems that are already hacked in hopes it will be hacked soon when the TA088 v3 hasn't even been fully hacked yet.
Well I have a GBA, does that mean I should not get a DS because my GBA is hacked? The 088 v3 isn't hacked yet, but it will be eventually and those who bought it earlier have a higher chance of getting it modded...

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Upgrade to DS was an actual hardware upgrade, the DS games cannot run on a GBA unlike a PSP Go! which runs the same games and will always run the same games (there are no hardware upgrades to my knowledge)

I really should stop arguing, its your money and your console but I personally see it as a stupid and frivolous thing to buy if you're not going to use it at all.

Hashagou

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mpg187 said:
Hashagou said:
but any game is better then no game
Can you download it using a computer that way? When did you do this, was it at the time when 5.70 was the latest firmware?
i never tried with my computer
and no it was about two weeks ago

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
That was exaggerated, however, I still want a modded PSP Go. I thought there were only gonna be games just for the PSP Go.

Either way, for a 16 GB media player the PSP Go! is still cool.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Okay today I updated to 6.20 (Because with the Patapon exploit I know it's safe) and downloaded and installed it. So now I have the Rockband PSP Go Version and a PSP that should be running homebrew soon (Once they make better versions of half-byte loader)

So if I copy the folder for the game under /PSP/Game and the file under /PSP/License to my computer, is it safe to delete them off the PSP Go when I need room and when I want the game back again I just copy them back? There aren't any other files I need is there? Also if I copy these files to another PSP will the game work (I assume it will ask for my PSN account, but once I enter that in it should work, right?)

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, sorry that people seemingly gave you months of crap for doing what Every hacking site suggests- Do not update firmware, and if you have other hacked systems, Definitely do not update firmware. If people with 3000's weren't fairly early adopters, or if they updated, they wouldn't have access to CFW. I only updated my firmware on my Go because I wanted to take advantage of the sales on PSN (I pirate to try out games, but I prefer to pay the publishers/developers for the products I use)- and now there is a Very basic homebrew loader (hooray! both sides win! sort of). And, I still have my 2000 & 3000 to play back ups, try out games, and use all sorts of fun homebrew. I bought all systems on sale or refurbished, or on ebay- you rarely Have to pay full retail price for these things.

Anyway- to your question- Not sure if it's safe to do the "transfer" of the license and games to and from your computer/a hard drive. Nevertheless, if you Did do that, Media Go/your PSN account Should allow you to redownload to your PSP Go (or any other PSP that is activated on your account), if the retransfer does not work out.

You actually might want to send a message to sony's psp help page (their customer service whatever thing- just google it), just in case. They might just say, "why not buy a M2 card, here at sony's" blah blah blah, but it wouldn't hurt.

Hope that was of some help.

Oh! and for transferring the games & licenses to another PSP- I'm Pretty sure that wouldn't work- the system has to be activated on your PSN account, through Media Go (or just PSN from the system, not sure). Maybe you can do that directly from the system, After the transfer, but I don't know. Good luck!

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
But if I activate the other PSP then I should be able to transfer, right?

If I download it again from the PSN woulnd't it make me update again? When 6.30 (6.21 or whatever the next FW is) comes out I do not wanna update to it because chances are it will block the Patapon exploit
frown.gif

Hopefully with this exploit someone will find a way to get on the PSN without having to update...

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
Likelihood is that you'll get the same as all the other CFW: No access to PSN direct from your PSP. When this exploit goes further there could be workarounds found to allow access via MediaGo or a PS3 though.

mpg187

OP
Trophies
Website
operation420.net
XP
Country
Canada
Does MediaGo make you update?

Is it like say if I downloaded a game now it would make me update to 6.20 (because that's the latest version out now) and say if 6.30 comes out it will still only make me update to 6.20, but if I download a game after 6.30 comes out it will make me update to that?

It would be nice to be able to buy games and still enjoy homebrew...

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
You can only download games off Media Go if you have a PSP connected.
You can only download games off Media Go if you have the latest firmware.
There is an old way of bypassing it but its probably dated and doesn't work
mpg187 said:
Does MediaGo make you update?
Nothing makes you update. You have to agree to their terms, if you agree, you update. If you don't, you don't update.

Plus, you are on 6.20, why are you worrying about 6.30?
If you download games now, they won't make you update in the future
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ