Hacking Rock Band Beatles with cIOS - microphone/usb instruments?

tpformbh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got a Wii, currently running 4.1E, shop channel works etc. Think it's got ios 60 patched, HBC and bootmii, but other than that not a lot else.

I don't use a USB hard drive or gamma/disk loading etc.

Just got hold of Rock Band Beatles. Now, will i need to change anything to be able to play it just with a microphone. I think i'm on cIOS v10 if that makes a difference? Just i'm sure I read there were problems with USB instruments and cIOS?

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you have the retail disc, then it should work straight out of the box. It *might* have an IOS update to allow for multi-microphone support, but I'm not sure on that, so test it yourself before running anything. Nothing you have installed already will prevent a retail disc from working as intended.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
If you have the retail disc, then it should work straight out of the box. It *might* have an IOS update to allow for multi-microphone support,
does anyone actively deconstruct them? i'd be very interested in seeing if an IOS is involved for this feature as well as SDHC support, and if they can be rolled into a CIOS...although i guess the person most responsible for CIOS revs is no longer interested in them.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
Szalkow said:
If you have the retail disc, then it should work straight out of the box. It *might* have an IOS update to allow for multi-microphone support,
does anyone actively deconstruct them? i'd be very interested in seeing if an IOS is involved for this feature as well as SDHC support, and if they can be rolled into a CIOS...although i guess the person most responsible for CIOS revs is no longer interested in them.
You can scrub the update partition yourself to see what it is. More than likely it's a new IOS which you can download from NUS with DOP-IOS anyway.

From my understanding, the game's ability to support SDHC depends on whatever the Wii system supports (meaning SDHC won't work on Beatles on sm3.2U) combined with whatever the game knows to allocate (meaning SDHC won't work in RB2, which was made prior to 4.0, regardless of system menu). The cIOS issue with SD cards stems from its handling of *all* SD cards, not just SDHC, and it won't be fixed until Wani/whoever gets around to fixing the SD handling.

tpformbh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't require an update and just worked out of the box, cheers.

Only have the one PS2 guitar hero mic though but seemed to work ok, the lyrics are quite hard to read cos of the wii's limitations but switched them onto static and it wasn't too bad (using a sharp 32" 1080p TV via component).

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tpformbh said:
Only have the one PS2 guitar hero mic though but seemed to work ok, the lyrics are quite hard to read cos of the wii's limitations but switched them onto static and it wasn't too bad (using a sharp 32" 1080p TV via component).
Sweet. Any Logitech USB microphone, and almost any microphone for that matter, will work. Before I got the GHWT microphone, I sang using a LEGO Logitech webcam.

ronhempner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was having problems getting USBLoader GX to work with this game using the Rock Band 2 USB instruments and couldn't find a good answer, so after trial and error I figured I'd post my solution: USBLoader GX v747, Hermes cIOS v4 222 (38 merged with 37), and 002 fix set to anti, all of the USB instruments work (on 3.2U Wii). This is the only way it would work for me... Using cIOS 222 with 002 fix set to ON would just go to black screen. Using cIOS 249 (rev 14) would load and accept wiimote instruments and microphone but no wireless usb instruments. Hope this helps someone!

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ronhempner said:
I was having problems getting USBLoader GX to work with this game using the Rock Band 2 USB instruments and couldn't find a good answer, so after trial and error I figured I'd post my solution: USBLoader GX v747, Hermes cIOS v4 222 (38 merged with 37), and 002 fix set to anti, all of the USB instruments work (on 3.2U Wii). This is the only way it would work for me... Using cIOS 222 with 002 fix set to ON would just go to black screen. Using cIOS 249 (rev 14) would load and accept wiimote instruments and microphone but no wireless usb instruments. Hope this helps someone!
one more of these outbursts, and i'm going to assume you are a bot.

Kratozero

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I can confirm that the method that ronhempner mentions does not work in my case and only leaves me in a green screen.
Any ideas to make RBB boot with Instruments on USBLoader GX?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: If anyone wants to get me those socks for Christmas... lol