Hacking Rock Band backup not detecting USB drums

SergeantKitteh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am a newbie here. For some reason, my Rock Band game won't detect my drums. Now before you ask, I am on a VWii and using WiiFlow. I tried USB Loader GX and that just didn't work for me. I homebrewed my VWii using the d2x cIOS installer and the patched IOS80 installer. This is exactly what I did on the d2x cIOS installer:

• Select cIOS : d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
  • Select cIOS base : 56
  • Select cIOS slot : 249
  • Select cIOS base : 57
  • Select cIOS slot : 250
  • Select cIOS base : 58
  • Select cIOS slot : 251

I do have the actual Rock Band disc, but my Wii U's disc drive is broken. I've tried putting the USB in different spots on the Wii U, and I even tried using an SD card instead. The game itself works fine and the drums are detected outside of it. My SD card and USB flash drive are both formatted as FAT32, and I'm pretty sure they're both compatible. I've never had any issues with them prior. I also use the default Rock Band drums if that is of any help.

Does anybody have any solutions? Also, off topic, but is there anyway to get DLC for Rock Band anymore? As I said, I'm a bit of a newbie to this, so some things might need a bit more explaining. Thank you.

ChibiMofo

Elon Musk is my dog
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I may be misunderstand your configuration, but I can tell you that the Wii versions of RockBand do not support USB drums at all. Others have made USB midi drums work via an adapter and a PC acting as a translator to send the signal via the old style DIN connector into the RockBand MIDI Pro Adapter, but that would only work for RockBand 3.

I was able to download a few more RockBand 3 DLC earlier this year before the shutdown but I'm not sure that's still possible. Someone was said to have backed up the entire library, but I don't remember who that was.

SergeantKitteh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for taking the time to answer, I was beginning to think no one would. As for the USB drums, I apologize if my wording was a bit poor, I meant the default Rock Band drums for Wii. They use USB connections. I should also add that I'm going to play Rock Band 2 as well, but it had the same result. Didn't mention anything about it since I imagine they work the same.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNGI1dI-e8&pp=ygUbU3BhY2ViYWxscyBsdWdnYWdlIHBhc3N3b3Jk