Hacking Rock Band 2 - Wii System Memory Issue

cbmx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi there,

A couple months back I installed Homebrew and the DLC WADs for Rock Band 2 which worked perfectly to download store content. I managed to download about 30 songs without any problem, they automatically transfer to the SD card each time and played perfectly.

Yesterday I tried to download more songs from the music store but when I select a song then "Download Again" and "Yes" a message pops up saying:

-There is not enough available space in the Wii system memory to download this content. Either move data to an SD card or delete data in the data management screen-

When I checked in the data management screen it shows I still have 1701 blocks free (Wii system) and 14502 free (SD Card), I dont have any additional channels other then Home Brew and very few game saves.

I tried re-installing the WAD's and deleting my game save data, went back to music store and was able to download 3 songs before getting the same message again.

Has anyone run into this problem and know of any sollution? Your help is greatly appreciated.

Version: 4.2U, using Rock Band 2 Original Disc, 2GB SD Card.

cbmx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
knaff said:
What is your Cios and base ?

That memory issue was resolved with ciosx rev 19 base 37 IIRC

That's likely the problem, I have the old Rev 14 installed, Base 38
Will update to Rev 19 and hopefully that will fix it.

Thank you very much for your help and quick response.
smile.gif

cbmx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updated to cIOSX Rev19, deleted all DLC and RB gave Save, reinstalled WADs.
Everything shows as "purchased"

Was able to download 2 songs and then the "Wii System memory full" message appeared again on 3rd attempt.

Any other solutions?

iamarkane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
this is happening to me now a few hours ago i downloaded like 5 songs in the store it moved well to the sd card with no problems then now it keeps on giving me that error... i updated now to the ios56 for the rb3.

its just weird just a few hours it can download then all of a sudden it cant?

could this be a weird way of banning our wiis in th dlc store?

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
If you're trying to load DLC via the SD (SDHC for RB3), use IOS37 as a base for a cIOS when playing RB2 via softmod, or IOS56 as a base for a cIOS when playing RB3. When trying to download hacked songs from the store, you need to apply the trucha patch (fakesign) IOS37 and IOS56 for RB2 and RB3 respectively.
I've never heard of a case where people are getting banned for downloading hacked DLC. If you're paranoid, don't use it

cbmx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone else running into this issue with RB2?

I installed cIOSX Rev 19 to Base 38, should that of been 37? If so, would another install overwrite the previous?
Also Ran the IOS37 Patcher again via Rawk SD - IOS249

The game is playing fine and I managed to recover my 35 songs but still no downloading without the memory full error.

One thing that has happened recently is my audio quality has gone downhill, very flat sounding and the highs are really high pitched, faulty unit maybe? Tried a couple amps to confirm it's the Wii audio output. (on stereo mode)

iamarkane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
its just weird i patched my wii ios 37 and all with trucha patch etc.
it worked for a couple of songs then its back with the same error...

im using a backup disc

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0FyqCEfD0E