Hacking Rock band 2 DLC tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatchyFog

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, okay, I tried using the PC tools package 2 to get the DLC.
I ran "start.bat" and typed in "wget -i list.txt" then it starts downloading...
I left it, and kept checking on it, for about 3 hours, and then it froze. So I left it for a while (half hour or so) but nothing happened, so I closed it and ran "start.bat" and typed "decrypter" but after a few seconds and a lot of text it returned with (something along the lines of)
"decrypting 00000146 -> 00000146.app ... open (getfile) 00000146: No such file or directory"
Anybody get this result or have an idea how to resolve it please?
As far as I can tell the last file downloaded was "00000074" (15,770kb).

Thanks.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So you guys that have used version 2, that is the PC tools version of this hack, how long did it take you to download the entire DLC catalog. Others have suggested that it would be 20 GB and that with the PC tools, one has to download the entire catalog and you cannot just download a few songs. Is this true or not? 20 GB would take forever with my internet.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
To people that think downloading from your PC will not allow Nintendo to know who you are, consider this: in order to install the files to your Wii, you will have to supply your NG key (console ID). If Nintendo were to ever see that key, they could easily associate it with your Wii and NWFC accounts.

Now, I don't know if the NG key is supplied to the Nintendo servers @ time of download, or if it's used in the decryption/encryption of the files only after they are on your PC. Someone could please confirm that for us.

Just don't assume that downloading on the PC immediately absolves you of any future consequences.

secamfr

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
pinkhyori said:
yeah i thought of that. the problem is that i'm on a PAL wii... thus a PAL WiiShop... i could go change the shop region to try it out but I've got some Wii POints left in the shop so I'm putting that as a last resort.

I'm figuring that the problem is the 'song list' needs to be recompiled by the game? and downloading a new song triggers this recompliation... I tried deleting a song, but it doesn't work. All the songs ont he SD card say 'Downloaded' in the music store but if I try to delete them... it'll say 'refreshing music store' and stuff but the song doesn't get deleted... hence no recompliation of the song list occurs. im still trying to work around that. even deleting the only visible song on the song list 'The Kill', doesn't work... the song also doesn't get deleted.

Same problem with PAL and Gen 1st DLC, i have only 'The Kill' to work, other songs does'nt appear, impossible to download any songs from the wiishop.
We really need a fix for PAL user
blink.gif

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Posting this in a new thread to avoid being covered up by the "Where can I download" posts

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you have to download them all at once, unless you edit the list.txt, but is it possible to only install selected files? My 4gb card is getting crowded

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lazor said:
It works! Can't wait for cIOS r14 with NAND emulation so I have space for more songs.

What happens when new DLC is released, though?
If that really going to happen, or just someones wish list?

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, theres apparently a problem. For the 2nd gen downloads, it downloads 466 RAW files, up to 00001D1, yet the Decrypter only creates 335 .app files, up to 0000015C.app.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fubka said:
lazor said:
It works! Can't wait for cIOS r14 with NAND emulation so I have space for more songs.

What happens when new DLC is released, though?
If that really going to happen, or just someones wish list?
It's the biggest feature of r14

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know if the nand emulator will be able to provide a larger nand? I think it's still going to be half a gig limit.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Um I don't think it will not sure wait until it's released.
The past 2 days i've gotten a s*** load of pm's saying can I have the download link the v1 and v2 lol.

lazor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nano351 said:
Does anyone know if the nand emulator will be able to provide a larger nand? I think it's still going to be half a gig limit.
He said more space was one of the advantages.

tripellex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I'm having issues getting the songs to work. They copy over finewith rb2_dlc_manager and even show up in the RB2 Quickplay menu, yet I get the "out-of-date" error when I try loading them. Here's the steps I took:

1. Unzipped package with both gen folders, put xyzzy on SD card
2. ran xyzzy on the Wii, got Keys.txt. put the 8 digits after NG in ng_id.txt
3. ran start.bat in Gen 1, used "wget -i list.txt", downloaded 400+ raw files
4. ran "decrypter", decrypted all the raw files into .app files.
5. ran "wadpacker 0 999", converted all the .apps to .bins, placed in DLC/sZAE folder. The tutorial said there would be a titles.wad generated, yet there wasn't one, just the large 5 gig .wad that you're supposed to delete. I already had the sZAE and sZBE .wads from your initial torrent installed on my Wii, and all my songs on the Wii already showed up as purchased, so I didn't know if I really needed this second sZAE.wad or not.
6. used rb2_dlc_manager to copy a song to my SD, loaded up RB2, saw the song in the Quickplay list, tried to play it. I get the "(song) is out of date and cannot be restored to Wii system memory. To use the DLC content, redownload (song) for which the license has been previously purchased"
7. deleted all of my DLC content from both the Wii memory and the SD card, except the song I copied over from rb2_dlc_manager.
8. tried loading the song again, same error message.
(Note: This was tried with both a usb loader copy, and a burnt disc copy of the game. Both give the same error)

Did I screw up somewhere? Anyone else having the same problem?

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do you get the 00010001.app file not found error because thats what i got and no title.wad so im stuck

blitzer320

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only have that 5gb wad and no title.wad and this is my first time trying so i didnt even try since i never installed a title wad or anything that will make all the songs say purchased

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having problems too. I used V2 and is the first title.wad supposed to be that big? i cant run it on my SD card coz it's too big. Does that mean i cant use this hack? i got a 1gb sd card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    light27 @ light27: oh it’s the least I could do +1