Hacking Ripping game discs using backup loaders fails

risc80x86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello everyone. I got me a new Wii U after E3. Now I'm trying to hack my old Wii including installing a USB backup loader. I followed the instructions from CompleteSoftmodGuide to softmod the Wii, and everything seems to be ok. I'm in the point where even USB Loader GX runs. However, every time I try to rip/install a game, the operation gets stuck at around 2-6%; it won't go any further. I tried Wiiflow, and I got the same thing. CleanRip returns an error saying something about unreachable block. I'm not sure where to look.

The current setup I have is:
- BootMii installed in Boot2
- Homebrew Channel installed
- Priiloader installed
- Installed d2x-v10-beta52 cIOS on 249, 250 (based on the instructions from the guide linked above)
- Running USB Loader 250
- Using 32GB USB flash drive (newly bought), which I formatted to FAT 32 (DOS FAT in Mac OS)

I hope someone can shed some light into this problem. I could rip the discs using my computer but it's more convenient if I could do that using the Wii.

Thanks.

risc80x86

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I finally got this working using this thread describing the same problem. The root of the issue is the USB flash drive. I'm not sure but I think USB backup loaders are a little picky when it comes to the storage device used. I was originally using a 32GB Kingston DataTraveler, then I swapped it to a 8GB Lexar to test. Changing the flash drive solves the problem.

Just so that the 32GB flash drive wouldn't go to waste, I decided to just rip discs using the 8GB then copy them to the 32GB through my computer. This really isn't a very sustainable approach, but it works for the meantime. In the future, I'm going to replace the storage device with a larger capacity hard disk drive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: morning fellas, it's my birthday