Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Greetings! This is my first post
smile.gif
well, lemme get right to the point
wink.gif

I've installed usb bootloader 1.4 on my modded wii (I have 2 wii's, one modded so I can play emulators and one that only plays wii fit and rockband, etc...), all went well and I tried a downloaded iso of the game wii play (and yes, I do have the original), it was working perfectly.

Then I thought I might start ripping my own games, I started with resident evil 4, by using the disc utility I successfully created a disc image and loaded it onto the 320G seagate freeagent go without any problem (using WBFS manager for os x), the image showed up in the game list on wii, and I can start the game with no problem, but once I get to a point where you can pick up a note on a tree and the screen went totally dark... wii also stopped responding.

Then I tried the same game again, this time it died right after loading from a game save (previously saved game via the original DVD). The game disc is almost new, I only played it for like 4 times after I bought it. So I don't think it's the disc's problem.

So I tried it again, and this time I used another game: the raymen raving rabbits, again, the iso was ripped successfully and I loaded it onto the HDD without any problem, but once I'm in the game, I can't go back to the menu, if I do so, the system went dead right away.

I thought I might give it a last try: I used the other original game I have, the fire emblem, and this time it's dead right after the title screen!

I then tried not using mac to rip it, but rip it directly on the wii, guess what? it killed the wii right away, the screen froze at 'Open Game DVD...', I was silly enough to wait for like 3 hrs to see if it worked only to find the system stopped responding way before that.

Does this mean I can only download the game isos to play on the HDD? I have about 10 original games that I want to backup! I don't wanna bother downloading all these
frown.gif

Does anyone else have similar probs or could anyone please help? Thanks!

toughgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
problem solved!!

I was using a usb extension cable to connect the HDD so I don't need to use the (hard to access) usb ports at the back of the wii, apparently that thing was draining juice so the HDD doesn't have enough power for reading the iso's, I tried it again this time without the extension cable and it worked!

I'm playing the fire emblem now, so far no issues at all, but will keep testing it to see how it goes (I left it on while I'm typing this post, so I can see what happens if the HDD stops spinning).

BTW, for anyone else who wants to rip their games from the computer directly, here's how I did it:
open Disc utility.
select 'New disc image',
in the option drop down, select 'CD/DVD'.
save it, you will get a .cdr file, don't worry, just rename it to .iso directly, and it's done.

The app I used to load the game to the HDD is WBFS for mac os x 1.0 by mitch brown.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, https://youtu.be/KaMSXIRReOo?si=2hRoijJtiwPUHXk5