Hacking RiiskiMod 1.0

What shall we call the new version of Riiski since it aint that risky anymore...

• SoftMii

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Chip-Away

• Anti-Chip

• The U-Mod - Ultimate Soft Mod

• Total voters

FGOD

Wii gaming bitch
Trophies
Website
www.familievermeylen.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Omegax0 said:
FGOD said:
any region changer installs only the ios for system menu 3.2 and system menu 3.2 itself, it doesn't touch the other CIOS's. so you would still need to install the original ios's...

Really? I installed Riiskii twice because I thought I did something wrong, and after running ARC again(and before installing cioscorp for the second time) the disc channel wouldn't load the inserted game. Doesn't cioscorp handle that stuff?

Also Fishears, Wii Music NTSC works fine on my Pal Wii with the videomode set to NTSC. And yes, it's 480p.
smile.gif

yes it does, but the CIOS it uses depents on the ios that is called by the game... and installing system menu 3.2 with any region changer doesn't reinstall all the ios's. so if you have the CIOS already installed and you want to get it away, you should reinstall all the ios's. System menu 3.2 uses ios 30 if i'm corrent, and it only reinstalls that ios with the system mnu wad included. so it will not show backups anymore at the disc channel, but that doesn't change the fact that you will still have all the other CIOS's on your system...

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Kratozero said:
So, let me get this straight.....with Riskimod installed(including all apps), i can play NTSC-J games on a NTSC-U without patching the ISO or anything?, perhaps you are gonna think i am a weirdo, but i do like the BGM of the main menu of the Wii, is there a way i can leave it on and have no problems with the Riskimod Installation? Thanks in advance

No todos los juegos NTSC-J funcionan con esto, hay algunos que necesitan forzosamente tener el lenguaje en japones, Ej. PIKMIN y Donkey Kong Jungle Beats, hasta ahora son los que hemos encontrado que no funcionan region libre, y cietos juego PAL (para nosotros que somos NTSC-U) tambien tienen este problema de no funcionar ya que no fueron creados como tal, asi es que hay algunos que vas a seguir necesitando tu Backup Launcher, pero la mayoria funcionaran como si tuvieras un chip (a 3X claro)...!!!
wink.gif

Not all the NTSC-J games work with this, some of them need to have the japanese language, Eg. PIKMIN and DKJB, those are the ones found not to work yet, and some PAL (for NTSC-U users) also have this problem cause they weren't created for region free, so some of them you're going to still need your Backup Launcher, but almost all of them work like if you were on a ModChiped Wii (at 3X of course)...!!!
wink.gif

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
FGOD said:
yes it does, but the CIOS it uses depents on the ios that is called by the game... and installing system menu 3.2 with any region changer doesn't reinstall all the ios's. so if you have the CIOS already installed and you want to get it away, you should reinstall all the ios's. System menu 3.2 uses ios 30 if i'm corrent, and it only reinstalls that ios with the system mnu wad included. so it will not show backups anymore at the disc channel, but that doesn't change the fact that you will still have all the other CIOS's on your system...

Actually I've found out that the ARCmod5 install the SysMenu3.2 and the IOS30, so if you have already installed the CIOScorp package, only need to run the ARC and install again cIOS30 of the package, some report that didn't worked for them, but that is what I did and all....and I really do mean....all of my backups work, but my Atari cartridges don't fit in the Wii...!!!
cry.gif

BTW: ANYONE HAVE THE ARCmod5 SOURCE, I really need it to check how to patch the japanese language

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those looking for the preloader hack that allows disc channel moving:

Code:
3.2U

[Move Disc Channel]
version=289
offset=0x813A7D88
value=0x60000000

3.2U was the only code published that works currently. I'm sure the others will come quickly.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Any Title Deleter being booted by holding reset then selecting load installed dol is too danagerous!

Is there anyway, instead of using Any Title Deleter, to load Wad Manager instead?

I feel Wad Manager is better as a unbricker than AnyTitleDeleter is because if an install went wrong, you could undo the bad wad because the wad would still be on the SD card.

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hehe ether where were you several pages ago when i told everyone all they had to do was run ARC, then preloader, then re-install the cios30.wad? lol
As to the color and language issues... if you come across the source shoot me a pm with link as im working on it myself.

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hmm,,, i have it installed,,,, i have in de rescuemenue, 2x NoBGM 2x NoHealthWarning,,an hm,,5x NoCopyFlags option,,,,
wat have i do?!?
All games running at the disc channel usw,,,, iss realy cool!!! THX

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
if you have multiple BGM and health warnings you need to run the preloader hacks remover dol, and make sure to replace your hacks.ini file with the one that came with the package, as the healthwarn and a few other hacks arent needed with this method

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Tichinde925 said:
Any Title Deleter being booted by holding reset then selecting load installed dol is too danagerous!

Is there anyway, instead of using Any Title Deleter, to load Wad Manager instead?

I feel Wad Manager is better as a unbricker than AnyTitleDeleter is because if an install went wrong, you could undo the bad wad because the wad would still be on the SD card.

Just install another .dol from your root SD in the PreLoader settings, ok..??
wink.gif

QUOTEhehe ether where were you several pages ago when i told everyone all they had to do was run ARC, then preloader, then re-install the cios30.wad? lol
As to the color and language issues... if you come across the source shoot me a pm with link as im working on it myself.

well I told everyone on page 13 (or so) and someone from NED told me that it didn't work for him, and now the people is asking again, clarky should really clean up a little bit the first post and make it by sections, so no more step 1-12741706401
laugh.gif

The HBC installation doesn't belong here, the Downgrading doesn't belong here, but he can put the links to those tutorials, or create another section on how to do it, altougt I have said it sooo many times that downgrading only takes like 3 or 4 steps, but the noobs are still afraid, maybe some pictures will help, kind of like this THREAD, lots and lots of pictures everywhere, that give you a visual reference and you can know if you're doing it good or not....!!!
smile.gif

CheatingSoi

Graphic Designer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrtankjump said:
For those looking for the preloader hack that allows disc channel moving:

Code:
3.2U

[Move Disc Channel]
version=289
offset=0x813A7D88
value=0x60000000

3.2U was the only code published that works currently. I'm sure the others will come quickly.

Is there seriously no place just for hack.ini codes. I would have thought there would be an organized thread with them. Anyway, I'm loving the disk channel mover. Thanks!

9600pro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
ether2802 said:
FGOD said:

Actually I've found out that the ARCmod5 install the SysMenu3.2 and the IOS30, so if you have already installed the CIOScorp package, only need to run the ARC and install again cIOS30 of the package, some report that didn't worked for them, but that is what I did and all....and I really do mean....all of my backups work, but my Atari cartridges don't fit in the Wii...!!!
cry.gif

BTW: ANYONE HAVE THE ARCmod5 SOURCE, I really need it to check how to patch the japanese language
Here: http://wiibrew.org/w/images/d/d5/AnyRegion...rce_and_dol.zip

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
OP
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
ok boys and girls am gonna go for V2 in the next day or so....

ether mate, am gonna go with your method for the NTSC users, if you have any other ideas PM me

DD any suggestions mate?? what about you noob? anyone wanna chip in so we can make this as safe as possible :-)

Silverbullet09

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
thx digitydogs, how can i start the preloader hacks remover??normaly from the hbc??
and my original hack.ini in the packadge have 2xReplace healthwarning with backmenu,4xSkip disc update,2xNoBGM and 11xRemove NoCopy protection...hmm..... HEEELPP please

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
hmm i would make the guide in several parts. One for people who have a untouched wii, and then one for people who already have HBC installed. the ones with HBC already in would be as simple as

Copy files to sd
Run ARC (hacks info blah blah)
Run menupatcher 1.2 (optional for perm channel moving)
Run preloader (configure)
Install CIOSCORP
Reboot and done.

I also think we should give more details as to what each step does, and why. Feel free to send me a draft and i'll reply with more info on stuff etc.

@silver. oh them being listed twice in the hacks.ini is normal. if you read them you'll see one set is version 290 and one is version 289. when you go into your settings only the ones for your version will be enable-able
To remove hacks just throw the remover dol into a folder under the apps folder and make sure its named boot.dol then run it from HBC

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Tichinde925 said:

Just install another .dol from your root SD in the PreLoader settings, ok..??
wink.gif

I did.

I picked Wad Manager.

I get a code dump when launching it through the Preloader
frown.gif

digitydogs

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
phratt yes you just install starfall before preloader, However using ARC to get region free installs most of the starfall hacks, the ones it doesn't install can be enabled with the hacks.ini file

feidhlim1986

Trophies
XP
Country
I have PAL Wii on 3.2E, RiiSkiiMod Installed as per guide at start of this thread.
I, then installed a Gamma Channel w/ 002 fix, straight after installing RiiSkiiMod

Using the Disc Channel, my Retail Smash Bros. Brawl NTSC game, gets as far as the "now loading..." screen after the Wiimote Info Screen, it hangs on the loading screen for longer than it should, I can hear the drive trying to read the disc, then my Wii gives my disc read error of some sort.

The game works if I use the Gamma Channel. But I'd prefer to be able to use the Disc Channel
The rebooter does not work anymore, cos of RiiSkiMod I think, but I dont care bout that.

Do you think loading AnyRegionChanger, and changing my video from PAL to NTSC will make any difference?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?