Installing any solderless chip on your Wii, in this case a Solderless D2Pro

1.jpg

What you’ll need + tips

Here’s what you’ll need to install the Solderless D2Pro:
- Tri-Wing screwdriver with a fairly thin, long neck
- Small Phillips screwdriver
- A container to hold all the screws and pieces of plastic
- Stanley Knife to remove plastic feet

And first some tips which can make the difference between a working and a non working Wii:
- Ground yourself first, you can do that by just holding your hands on your PC case. This is to remove all the static electricity of your hands.
- Always be very patient and don’t force things. Taking the Wii apart is quite easy and it should disassemble very easy
- Make sure your workspace is tidy and you have enough space

Installation

Okay, let’s get started!
First unplug your Wii of all cables, and then lay it in your workspace like this:

2.jpg

Take out those 2 flaps , these should clip off easily as they are supposed to be removed if you use the console on it’s side, laying flat.

Remove the three black screws that hold the face plate of the GameCube compartment in place.

3.jpg

Now just take off the black cover.

4.jpg

Now unscrew the four screws under the plastic cover. On my console they were combination of Tri-wing and normal crosshead screws.

5.jpg

6.jpg

Turn the Wii upside down vertically and remove the screw that holds the battery and then remove the battery.

7.jpg

Peel off the three plastic covers on the bottom of the Wii. I used a stanley knife for this but you may want to use something else.
Also remove the two rubber pads, who are on top in this picture. You should stick them again close by, so you can easily reassemble your Wii.

Then remove the 6 screws that are exposed (3 from the plastic covers, 2 from the rubber pads and 1 that was in the Battery part)

8.jpg

Now lay the Wii on it’s side so that the feet are visible. Remove the plastic covers and then remove the screws that are under it.

Now you should be able to take the front of the Wii.
Do this very careful, because there are two wires connected to the front!

9.jpg

Unplug the cable inside to remove the plate completely.

10.jpg

Turn the Wii on its side again with the feet facing upwards. Remove the two plastic feet at the rear of the console and the screws that are under them.

11.jpg

Now you should be able to take the Wii apart. Take the plastic cover carefully of the the Wii.

12.jpg

Now you may have this heatsink or you may have it not. If you have it, just remove it (with a little force). It’s not held down by any screws, it’s just on quite strong.

13.jpg

Now remove those 4 screws, as stated on the picture.

14.jpg

Now you will be able to pick up the DVD drive. Do it carefully though, because there are cables connected to it. Remove those cables.
You need to lift the brown hatch before you can release the ribbon cable.

15.jpg

16.jpg

Now you can take your Solderless D2Pro, and press it (with some force, so the connectors are good in place) on the chip as shown in the picture.

17.jpg

Plug the cables back in (carefully with that ribbon cable, make sure the hatch is closed), then take that paper that is also on the above picture (in the top left corner), and press it on the D2Pro chip. That will act as a isolator. It’s very important that you put that paper there!
If you don’t put it there, there’s a chance that your chip may malfunction or even die.

18.jpg

Now just reassemble your Wii. I did this by just following the guide from bottom to top. I will however post some more pictures, so you can easily see where to screw.

19.jpg

20.jpg

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

The two holes on the right should be black triwings, the two on the left should be normal screws.

24.jpg

The two screws on the top are triwings, the two on the bottom are regulars.

25.jpg

On the left (where I’m pointing at) it’s a black long regular screw, the one in the middle and on the right are black small regular screws.

Now it’s just a matter of burning an ISO, and playing it on your Wii!

OmniSlash2o6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"The two holes on the right should be black triwings, the two on the left should be normal screws."

Um correction on my Wii O.o. The two holes on the right are Black Triwings, while the 2 on the left are 2 White Triwings O.o.

Satangel

BEAST
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OmniSlash2o6 said:
"The two holes on the right should be black triwings, the two on the left should be normal screws."

Um correction on my Wii O.o. The two holes on the right are Black Triwings, while the 2 on the left are 2 White Triwings O.o.

Maybe it's different on other Wii's, I've got only my Wii to see it
tongue.gif

OmniSlash2o6

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Satangel said:
OmniSlash2o6 said:

Maybe it's different on other Wii's, I've got only my Wii to see it
tongue.gif
Um by anychance would u know how to uninstall the clip rofl I find it to tight so I cant take it off! Because I'm getting a new clip pretty soon.

stok3d

Retro Gaming Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
awesome guide!

a couple tips i would like to add:

a) once the chip/clip is on, reconnect the drive and test a couple backups before putting the wii back together, just in case
b) be as gentle as possible when installing -- pushing down too hard can bend the legs and possibly cause a short/bridge

chazam1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
used this guide, my 11 year old little brother did this mod successfully to his wii and I did too, I sure hope no one else has problems. Hardest part is removing the screws.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse