1. Pigfoot

OP Pigfoot Member
    Newcomer

For a while now my Vita has had an issue with the right shoulder button, it just does not work. But using the browser etc.. sometimes when i enter a text field the cursor is constantly going right as if its pressed down.

Battery fault is sometimes it jumps from 2-3 bars full to red, sometimes goes off as if its ran out of battery when it actually hasn't because i can turn it back on again and it can run a while longer.

So i checked online for repair places, and seeing prices it seems that it would cost well over £100 just to fix those 2 issues. Not really worth it, anything i can do or is my vita screwed? i cannot play any games because of the button problem.

2. GameWinner

GameWinner Take your heart

United States
    I think you're out of luck unless you are willing to pay for the repairs. :/

3. dragonblood9999

dragonblood9999 GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    don't you have warranty on your Vita?

4. tomosh22

tomosh22 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

normally if you bought you vita at max 12 months ago you can take it to the shop you bought it or contact sony and they will fix/replace it free of charge (make sure you take your sd card out before you send it in)

5. Pigfoot

OP Pigfoot Member
    Newcomer

I bought my Vita practically as soon as it was released so I have had it for a while now, i guess it wouldn't be under warranty. But if i have to pay for those repairs it's not far off a cost of a brand new one, and i have the 3G version.. very annoying.

all i can use it for now is some of the apps like YouTube and the internet browser.

Games are useless, i can start them up but because of that one button issue they are not even playable.

I didn't think repairs for something seemingly simple to fix would cost so much.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - shoulder, working, battery