Hacking Ridgecity's New Skins Parlor

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah, that Wii skin is beautiful. I'm looking forward to seeing your NES hardware skin too.

Your work is excellent.

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
uploaded just a Metroid skin I did some time ago for my DS. A few of people like it so I uploaded it so you guys tell me what you think. I'm doing your skin request KPinoy, I will make it available here in a couple days... hope you like them

DarthYoshi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You're really good at this. I don't own any flashcarts yet but I was planning to get a G6DS Real soon. I'll probably use your punchout skin.
happy.gif

But I was wondering, what are you using to make the skins? Are you just using photoshop or something? Or is there an actual program for making G6DS skins? I was hoping to start designing for myself. (Don't worry, I won't be as good as you
wink.gif
and I don't plan to post them online.)

EDIT: I still don't have a G6DS Real, but I downloaded the loader and did some snooping. Do you just go into the skin1 folder and edit the pictures to change the skin? Then just make a new folder called skin2 with the new skin pictures?

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
DarthYoshi, I use Photoshop and MS Paint. I just change all the icons on the skins that comes with firmware 2.3. The top image has to be 256 only or 8-bit color. and you can have 4 skin folders at the same time. if you wanna have transparencies, the color red=255, green=0, blue=255 will allow that.

Let me now if you got any other question, there's no program to make skins but it's pretty easy to understand how it works.

Upload your skins, the more the merrier! I stop making when we reach 100 or I get another brand card lol... whichever comes first.

HellShade is right 255, 0, 255 is like hot pink, well actually the color was called "mexican pink" by pantone in the 60's guess I gotta keep the tradition...

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'll have the skin tomorrow KPinoy, I been very busy with the real job, and I don't wanna make some thing fast and be done... I tried to make it safe for work, in case your girlfriend opens your Ds, she doesn't find some asian ass instead of nintendogs...

h8uthemost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll have the skin tomorrow KPinoy,

Ridge...I just want to say, thank you for this. Maybe now he'll quit the constant nagging.
smile.gif

No offense KPinoy, but those posts were getting kind of annoying. He's just some stranger making you a skin, for free, just because he's kind. You should lay off of him. Reminding him it's been a week, was kind of rude.

Thanks again for all your excellent skins.

ridgecity

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
That's ok, h8uthemost, I'm glad people want to use my stuff, I't just that I been having to do tons tons tons of work so I can get free time to relax and do my hobbies (like the skinning thing). Just right I came back from doing an interview with a techno band called "belanova", and I'm fuckin drained since you know a manager confirms the thing but the artist something are just to tired to look good. I guess it's a trade off, + leisure time = - $$$...

I got like 3 skins work-in-progress (Kpinoy yours will be my next release, I promised you asian booty and you will get it
laugh.gif
) and I'm doing a NES hardware interface that I even lost the layout I drew, guess I need to get laid to have a really nice stamina-charging sleep and get some skins done...
wub.gif

Now I understand how the emulator creators feel when they say they personal stuff to do before updating the software.... except this stuff it's way easier...
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9w_UTPpHjg