• Replies 527
  • Likes 35

Crasher347

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I5cE36Z.png

I'm actually further ahead than this. I did the all the remix title cards since they were so similar. MRE did a great job on the "Remix" font and I just had to insert it in seven more tile sheets and copy the numbers.

There are a couple of lingering issues like one game's title card that won't upload quite right, and a weird problem where the screen goes orange during some transitions. I'm kind of hoping the latter will disappear when we strip out the LUA code stuff we added to locate memory locations.

Bon Odori's flickering problem is also still a big issue.

We also could use somebody who is an audio guru because I don't think we can have an acceptable release without changing the Marcher sound effects to English. Our programming guy doesn't know audio stuff.

Anyway, I'm pushing game title cards and rhythm game graphics right now. We're reaching a point where the number of things left to do is in double digits. We've talked about a new demo but we keep thinking of things we'd rather fix first.

Onwards and upwards, all the same!

Well, in the untranslated version the remix 2 is 2nd(!) remix, not remix 2, so go with either of those.

Crasher347

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So i was thinking about Sneaky Spirits/White Apparition and made a mockup for it.
Here it is.
SneakySpiritsMockup.jpg

However some people call it White Apparition so a version for that too right here.
WhiteAppartrition.jpg

If you want, i can make more mockups.
I can quickly whip em up using Paint.net and a screenshot.
EDIT: Made one for Karate Man.
Here you go!
Karate_man_GBA.jpg

EDIT 2: (I moved the word Man down on purpouse, and moved White Apparition's mockup text up so it could fit.)

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you're linking to a private Dropbox account rather than a public one. Try Imgur.com for your hosting needs?

Well, in the untranslated version the remix 2 is 2nd(!) remix, not remix 2, so go with either of those.
Remix 2 makes more sense from an American English perspective. The European version of Rhythm Heaven Wii translates it literally into 2nd Remix.

Crasher347

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The European version of Rhythm Heaven Wii translates it literally into 2nd Remix.

Woah, i didnt know it translated to that here in Europe. (Im getting Beat The Beat:Rhythm Paradise for christmas.)
If you want i can whip up more mockups and use Imgur instead.

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We're already well past Sneaky Spirits. It was translated in the Wii version of Rhythm Heaven Fever, and we just copied that font.

vincentw

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Some ideas for "The Clappy Trio and their distant cousin"'s name:
  • Tetra Timing, as proposed by Normmatt. I have to say, it rolls off the tongue quite nicely.
  • SirNiko's "Trio Timing?" or "Trio+1 Timing". One suggestion, if you're doing Trio+1, perhaps you could do the +1 part like a sticky note or something, to make the impression that they're so not ready to have another clappy lion.
  • How about "4-beat Timing"? Or "Quick Quads"? I noticed whenever the 4 lions pop up, the beat is quite fast.
Spotted another spelling mistake, ha.
qfx.png
should be "consultation", unless you meant "the business premises or residence of a consul" -- wait, it's "consulate". I don't think "consulation" is a real word :P

And if GBA supports the "é" in "café", it might be a good idea to put "café" instead of "cafe".

And I just notice that the girl with Tram is called Pauline, not Poline. :P
Welp, that's all there is for me now. Keep up the excellent work!

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spotted another spelling mistake, ha.
qfx.png
should be "consultation", unless you meant "the business premises or residence of a consul" -- wait, it's "consulate". I don't think "consulation" is a real word :P

And if GBA supports the "é" in "café", it might be a good idea to put "café" instead of "cafe".
Consultation has been fixed in our script but evidently is not fixed in the latest public version.

The game does not support "é". It would be trivial to create a special character for it and use that instead. I have not yet done this. If we end up changing the font to Munroe, I'll throw in a special "é" character.

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qcB47FD.png

This was pretty grueling. The opening animation has over 100 frames, and the tiles are all mixed up (each box is four tiles before I edited them to be a single 32x32 tile). The original game even has a messed up animation where the first letter vanishes for a frame. You can see it if you run the game on slow-motion.

Built to Scale is going to be a bear to edit, but that's the only obstacle I see in column 4. I'm starting to feel that critical mass pull to wrap things up, so I'm going to try to get first edits for the last few columns in as short order as I can.

Reactions: DaVince and W hat

W hat

Rhythm Heaven Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
edit: Disregard this. We have someone on the job.

I'm making a preliminary request. The other people working on this project may have a different idea on how to make the Built to Scale title screen in English, but this is mine.

It seems like the original Japanese screen was created in some kind of 3D modeling program, then adjusted to the GBA's palettes and graphical limitations. Does anyone reading this thread have some 3D modelling skills? Luckily, it's just a rectangular area with a grid and some text (and its reflection) on top of it. There are two frames.

rFIZQPf.png

Xv4BxX4.png

I'm not asking you to go out and re-create this thing tonight. As I said, the others might have a different idea on how to make this in English. But if you're interested in helping or trying to help, let us know in this thread.

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
0Suhapw.png

Borrowed the concept from Fever.

I wouldn't put much time into Built to Scale - we've got a very talented graphics guy helping us out to do that hard stuff. I understand he's already on that case while I wrap up the easier edits.

What we really need is a sound guy or gal to do the Marcher effects. Specifically, somebody who can help us rip out the sound effects and upload the edited ones. Obviously we also need somebody to do the recording, but that's easier than the decompile and recompile. If that person is ambitious, the Toss Boys sounds could use English names, but that's strictly extra credit.

I think that's possibly the only thing that's in our way to wrap this up. It's entirely possible this could be 100% finished by the end of this year, depending on how severe it is to fix the last few bugs and whether or not we find a sound guy or gal.

Reactions: DaVince

MRsonic699

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Hey guys, this is pretty darn awesome. I LOVE the DS and Wii ones, but I haven't played this one yet. I figure this is my chance, but I also have a question;

I'm more interested in running the game on my GBA than through emulators, so, How will this run on the Supercard Mini SD? Does it go any good? I would try it myself but I'm still waiting for my Mini SD reader :I

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The goal is to keep it compatible on original hardware, but we're not sure if some of our fiddling may cause problems.

So far it's been good - there are screenshots earlier in the thread showing the translation running on real hardware from others who have downloaded the WIP patches.

DaVince

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys, this is pretty darn awesome. I LOVE the DS and Wii ones, but I haven't played this one yet. I figure this is my chance, but I also have a question;

I'm more interested in running the game on my GBA than through emulators, so, How will this run on the Supercard Mini SD? Does it go any good? I would try it myself but I'm still waiting for my Mini SD reader :I

I can't tell if the SuperCard is any good, but the EZ-Flash V Mini definitely played the original game perfectly well. I don't expect this hack to suddenly have any slowdown, either. (Really wish I could properly test it on my GBA expansion slot, but alas, the battery died so no save files for me.)

RODAuOM599

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain

I don't know about Supercard, but I really think that it would work. I can only confirm that int definitely works on EZ Flash IV. I have been playing this game on my GBA SP for a loooong time. I'm trying to do all the medals on every song. It's hard!

Maybe you're interested in the EZ. I heard the production stopped, but nds-card.com still sells them. They are not that cheap, but they're worth every penny. Imma put the link over here, if someone is interested: http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=504

Shicky256

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The Supercard is famous for having problems with lag. The EZ-Flash IV is way better.

Reactions: W hat

Crasher347

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Found a glitch!
If you do pretty good but still fail on Rap Men's tutorial then red says [rap mystery 1
Heres some proof
(BTW i switched to imgur)
uDqwsf5.png

SirNiko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh, pretty good catch! Can you clarify what "pretty good but fail" means? I'm having trouble reproducing this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ