Hacking RGH/Jtag Xbox 360 External Hard Drive Maximum Capacity?

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know you can format FAT32 over 2TB's now. What is the maximum capacity an external hard drive that will work for RGH/Jtag Xbox 360?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
FATX has a 2TB limit (internal HDDs can't go over 2TB)
External.. I honestly have no clue but doesn't FAT32 have a 2TB partition limit?

I see mixed results on the web.
I'd say convert a 3TB+ drive to FAT32 and test it out.

Reactions: Morrell

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know about the internals. Externals is still not clear to me. You're right, there are mix results on the web, and it got me confuse.

2TB is no longer the FAT32 limit, I have some 4TB WD My Books formatted in FAT32 using GUI formater and Easus. I heard you can format a FAT32 external HDD up to 8TB even 16TB now. Question is...will the Xbox 360 read the whole thing? And have anyone tested this and was successful?

showdownx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:sad: Anybody???

Will it read the full drive if I did 8TB?

Do I have to use the WD my book with wd's format utility and gui formatter to make it work?

If I have folder formatted games, do I need to worry about 4gb limits?

Please can someone help me? :cry:

I will greatly appreciated!:sad:

brollikk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
have you tried the 4 tb tb on your xbox 360? I have a 2tb internal, and 2 x 2tb externals on mine. I haven't even tried the fat32/mbr trick on those because I don't have enough xbox games (most of my collection is on ps3 and I don't care to get duplicates).

Reactions: MKKhanzo

t1op

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think so.
I heard that random data corruption can occur when using a 4TB FAT32 paritition.

Would data corruption be an issue if this drive was used in a read only fashion? I'm thinking game files only. No Aurora files, saves, updates, etc., just extracted game ISOS, and maybe XBLA and DLC.
I imagine this could be arranged with Aurora settings/usage.

Dymblos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I want to buy an 2TB for my RGH360, there be no problem, right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Dymblos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
ok, btw for a 2tb is just plug and format with the format option in the xbox(rgh), or something more is needed like hddhackr?

chrisrlink

Has a PhD in dueling
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thing is you apparently need MS Dash regardless to set up (format )your hdds protip though if you get the configure now option trying to format an ext drive do it but then remove the 360 system stuff via the format/storage menu in MSDash you'll get your full amount instead of 32GB for system storage

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thing is you apparently need MS Dash regardless to set up (format )your hdds protip though if you get the configure now option trying to format an ext drive do it but then remove the 360 system stuff via the format/storage menu in MSDash you'll get your full amount instead of 32GB for system storage

that's no longer a problem. 16xxx dash kernel added 2TB to external hdd instead of 32GBs, but it doesn't matter as FSD and probably Aurora can run 2TB anyway. I guess this is only useful for dlc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, :creep: