Hacking reverse softmod, possible?

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
d8thstar said:
i didn't come to the board to start a fight and i certainly didn't come to be called an idiot. i asked some questions, i got some nasty, unhelpful responses and then i got some very good, extremely helpful responses and i'm back up and running
This. Even if the negative posts have correct information, it doesn't make the person want to be involved.
GBA Temp is a community, yes? When behavior like this is allowed to thrive, growth ceases, and new members refuse to learn ("This guy is a dick head, why should I listen to him, he's probably wrong but too up himself to admit it"), and we get inundated with people with a couple of posts asking the same goddamn question in new threads over and over again, instead of getting it happen once or twice, then having the person become a contributing and helpful member.

DeadlyFoez advice to this guy was inflammatory and not helpful, he neglected to ask important questions, and guide him through the basic steps, instead leaping to the assumption this guy was so pants on head retarded that he just picked parts of the guide to follow, instead of attempting to follow the whole thing.

This whole thing was resolved instead with a couple of basic questions which gave those of us who were trying to help a better understanding of what he has done, and what his resources are. Otherwise this would have ended with the poor guy having to go through some ridiculous "solution", instead of doing what he did and restoring the NAND backup.

bloodsheder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
bloodsheder said:
how did you install hbc?
Isn't that cute, a clueless noob trying to help another clueless noob. The blind leading the blind here.

Yes, do an official update and that will help in most cases. You probably have a bad SD card or improper IOS's installed.
you jackhole i just needed to know how he installed it either bannerbomb, twilight, or smash hack. is this how you treat newbs, acting like their total idiots wasting your time answering? its best people do ask help for softmodding in case they screwed something up and continue on with some guidance so they don't end up bricking your $150 fun investment. I mean other websites have better help for newbs cause they don't RAG against them in the first place for asking questions. i only needed help because my frickin cios was messed up and was never advised to install base 38 until i ASKED.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
bloodsheder said:
DeadlyFoez said:
bloodsheder said:
how did you install hbc?
Isn't that cute, a clueless noob trying to help another clueless noob. The blind leading the blind here.

Yes, do an official update and that will help in most cases. You probably have a bad SD card or improper IOS's installed.
you jackhole i just needed to know how he installed it either bannerbomb, twilight, or smash hack. is this how you treat newbs, acting like their total idiots wasting your time answering? its best people do ask help for softmodding in case they screwed something up and continue on with some guidance so they don't end up bricking your $150 fun investment. I mean other websites have better help for newbs cause they don't RAG against them in the first place for asking questions. i only needed help because my frickin cios was messed up and was never advised to install base 38 until i ASKED.
calm down, he may be rude in the first line, but he offered a solution in the second line... (not to mention the rudeness in the first line was really nothing compared to what he's capable of, lol)

I realize u wanted to help this guy out... but your question was pointless, it doesn't matter what exploit is used to install the HBC... whether it was bannerbomb, twilight or smash STACK (not smash hack) or Indiana Pwns... all that does it launch a binary file from the root of the sd card (which is typically the hackmii installer).

I'm not flaming u, I don't care that u asked a pointless question... but the fact remains, deadlyfoez knows what he's talking about, and u still have some stuff to learn.

btw, the OP's solution was restoring a nand backup... that kind of solution should be intuitive... if ur wii gets fucked, and u can't figure out why... do a nand restore... that's kind of common sense to even basic wii modders... anyways, no big deal, but all I'm saying is... this thread was kind of pointless... but its not a total loss, it kept me entertained
tongue.gif

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
xflak40 said:
bloodsheder said:
DeadlyFoez said:
bloodsheder said:
how did you install hbc?

calm down, he may be rude in the first line, but he offered a solution in the second line... (not to mention the rudeness in the first line was really nothing compared to what he's capable of, lol)

I realize u wanted to help this guy out... but your question was pointless, it doesn't matter what exploit is used to install the HBC... whether it was bannerbomb, twilight or smash STACK (not smash hack) or Indiana Pwns... all that does it launch a binary file from the root of the sd card (which is typically the hackmii installer).

I'm not flaming u, I don't care that u asked a pointless question... but the fact remains, deadlyfoez knows what he's talking about, and u still have some stuff to learn.

btw, the OP's solution was restoring a nand backup... that kind of solution should be intuitive... if ur wii gets fucked, and u can't figure out why... do a nand restore... that's kind of common sense to even basic wii modders... anyways, no big deal, but all I'm saying is... this thread was kind of pointless... but its not a total loss, it kept me entertained
tongue.gif

NAND restoring as soon as something goes wrong is akin to reinstalling windows because your can't access a website.
Overkill, and careless. Restoring the NAND should be the backup option, not the go to option.

d8thstar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
toejam316 said:
An internet forum without drama is like a bar without beer.
A sad, sad place.

actually, a forum without drama is more like a bar without bar fights. i go to the pub to have fun with friends, not to get into fights with the bars Cliff Claven who knows it all.

being called an idiot by someone who drinks out of pint glasses when i like to drink my beers out of a mug makes me want to find a friendly pub to visit
wink.gif

toejam316

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
d8thstar said:
toejam316 said:
An internet forum without drama is like a bar without beer.
A sad, sad place.

actually, a forum without drama is more like a bar without bar fights. i go to the pub to have fun with friends, not to get into fights with the bars Cliff Claven who knows it all.

being called an idiot by someone who drinks out of pint glasses when i like to drink my beers out of a mug makes me want to find a friendly pub to visit
wink.gif
Mod arguments are bar fights.
Normal arguments are beer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @HiradeGirl, https://a.co/d/6oECWAh