Revenge of the Chackers!

PineappleH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow! Unbelievable. Once I saw the title, I thought to myself; Chackers? Does it mean Chinese hackers? And to my surprise, my guess was exactly right. Although I guessed it right, I don't like this term. There are other countries that starts with "C", so it'll get very confusing.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
nice av bitbyte
rofl2.gif

cenotaph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The article is just ridiculous and doesn't really tell anything about the attacks in question. What platforms were targeted? Were they just using bruteforce scanners to find poorly administrated boxes (don't laugh, it's been known to happen at government branches)? Exploits for recent security holes in various software providing public Internet services? It's not like they leave classified information on such systems, so why bother?

... but I guess I shouldn't expect anything else from The Register. Big headlines, little information -- just like certain parts of the regular press.

Edit: something else that came to mind while reading... the lack of information in the article is obviously due to the source material, which must've been some press release. I'm not really the one to jump onto the conspiracy bandwagon, and I certainly do not doubt that these attacks have taken place - however, I do believe it's being made out to be more than what it actually was.

If nothing else, it's an awfully convenient way of exercising some protectionism (oh SHI-, now that we've been the target of this HORRIBLE attack we have a reason for NOT investing in this company based in a country we don't like, even though it would save money on behalf of tax payers. Oh well...).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: