Hardware Android Project Retroid Pocket 2 Not working

morpline

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Somewhere in the Utah Desert (Approximately)
XP
Country
United States
I have an RP2 (Retroid Pocket 2)(Not Plus) that boots up fine but won't accept any input from any button except the power and volume buttons.
[The RP2 is a handheld (android-based) gaming device using an MTK6580 SOC. It features a full modern controller built in (except l3/r3). Its major flaw is that it doesn't have a touchscreen. (This was fixed in the plus model)]

I have no idea what's causing the problem, it could be a physical issue (dead component) or, more likely, a software issue (os corruption?).

One solution I came up with is to factory reset it. But, without controls or a touchscreen, how would I do that? First, I tried booting into recovery mode. However, it has no button combo for recovery mode. All retroid models since have it, but not the 1 or the 2. You'd have to use ADB, but for that, you need to enable USB debugging, which I can't do without input.
My next idea is to use OTG to connect a mouse (don't worry, the RP2 supports it, see RGC's video on installing Lineage) and use that to either factory reset through Settings, or enable USB debugging to use ADB to either factory reset or just install Lineage.

If that doesn't work, I'll either try to reflash it using JTAG and/or check all the components to see if any are dead.

Any ideas?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol