Hacking RetroGameFan Updates/Releases

BlackPlague94

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I could use some help with this. My cart (R4Ultra - Yes, it is being replaced ASAP) is running YSMenu. It's listed as compatible but it's not really an R4 Clone...it's a clone of the AceKard. There are a bunch of files in there for the R4Clone folder. Could someone tell me which ones I actually need to get?

YamiEx

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Very good indeed. Congratulations.Saving lives ^ ^

iPrincey said:
Bunie said:
iPrincey said:
animex2k9 said:
iPrincey said:
Hey, I have an R4 SDHC card, I'm using your firmware (R4SDHC) + a clean pokemon black (U) rom that I manually patched with Dicastia's AP patch, everything works up to the point after the professor, I get a black screen when the "adventure" starts. Help please? I've tried everything. My microSD is 4gb.

Try the CLEAN rom. Don't patch it.

Just tried it, gave me the same results. Using YSMenu, not Wood R4 or anything else.
This is my card:
R4box.jpg

Would really appreciate a fix, I've been having this problem for days.
It is unlikely that you have an R4. you did not state that it is a legit, real R4. so you must be new. anyone who has a REAL R4 knows they need to state it as such. Its possible you have a Real R4, but its just as likely that you don't. Also, the firmware is, in a way, Universal. so any issues your having are likely caused by a bad rom.

So my R4 is a clone? What firmware do I use to get it working?

Anyways, I'm sure the ROM isn't bad, because if it is then I don't know which rom to use because I've tried so many. The (J) one works fine for me, but I wanted to use the official (u) version (don't like playing with japanese pokemon names -_-).

Also use the R4, with MicroSD 8GB Class 4 Kingston.

I formatted the microSD, got the files from the "R4SDHC" which came at 24 354 Multi-RetroGameFan v6.54 Update Cart " and put in microSD.Just that.
And it works without problems. Pokemon White/Black (U) is running clean perfectly.

How to enter the YsMenu automatic, leaves no change the lighting level of the screen. Is there any way to diminish the light level to conserve battery power?
edit: renamed the file DEFAULT.NDS , so it does not start automatically, allowing you to change the level of illumination of the screen. But before running any game has run the renamed file

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hello Retro, just a question:

What is this new "pack" for R4-SDHC ?
And what is the flashcard who working with this new pack?

YamiEx

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
bitonio6 said:
Hello Retro, just a question:

What is this new "pack" for R4-SDHC ?
And what is the flashcard who working with this new pack?

This package is for the R4-SDHC (www.r4sdhc.com), which previously had a separate pack.
R4box.jpg

iPrincey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YamiEx said:
Very good indeed. Congratulations.Saving lives ^ ^

iPrincey said:
Bunie said:
iPrincey said:
animex2k9 said:
iPrincey said:
Hey, I have an R4 SDHC card, I'm using your firmware (R4SDHC) + a clean pokemon black (U) rom that I manually patched with Dicastia's AP patch, everything works up to the point after the professor, I get a black screen when the "adventure" starts. Help please? I've tried everything. My microSD is 4gb.

Try the CLEAN rom. Don't patch it.

Just tried it, gave me the same results. Using YSMenu, not Wood R4 or anything else.
This is my card:
R4box.jpg

Would really appreciate a fix, I've been having this problem for days.
It is unlikely that you have an R4. you did not state that it is a legit, real R4. so you must be new. anyone who has a REAL R4 knows they need to state it as such. Its possible you have a Real R4, but its just as likely that you don't. Also, the firmware is, in a way, Universal. so any issues your having are likely caused by a bad rom.

So my R4 is a clone? What firmware do I use to get it working?

Anyways, I'm sure the ROM isn't bad, because if it is then I don't know which rom to use because I've tried so many. The (J) one works fine for me, but I wanted to use the official (u) version (don't like playing with japanese pokemon names -_-).

Also use the R4, with MicroSD 8GB Class 4 Kingston.

I formatted the microSD, got the files from the "R4SDHC" which came at 24 354 Multi-RetroGameFan v6.54 Update Cart " and put in microSD.Just that.
And it works without problems. Pokemon White/Black (U) is running clean perfectly.

How to enter the YsMenu automatic, leaves no change the lighting level of the screen. Is there any way to diminish the light level to conserve battery power?
edit: renamed the file DEFAULT.NDS , so it does not start automatically, allowing you to change the level of illumination of the screen. But before running any game has run the renamed file

Then why doesn't it work for me? ;( I just get a black screen.
Do you think it's because of my microSD? It's just a 4GB kingston. -sigh-

Jefry

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey Retro, can you put "TM 17 Modifier" cheat just like in Pokemon Heart gold and Soul silver cheats for Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version in your next updates. Or any other cheat that can change a pokemon move randomly just like "TM 17 Modifier".
wink.gif

Pleaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please
frown.gif
smile.gif

ars25

I like tacos and pie
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jefry said:
Hey Retro, can you put "TM 17 Modifier" cheat just like in Pokemon Heart gold and Soul silver cheats for Pokemon Black Version and Pokemon White Version in your next updates. Or any other cheat that can change a pokemon move randomly just like "TM 17 Modifier".
wink.gif

Pleaaaaaaasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please
frown.gif
smile.gif
do it your self it's very easy just use r4cce and find black and white put the cheat

Seg22

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys,
a friend ask me if i can get a system where pokemon white goes. He has a r4 clone and so i tried to play it about the ysmenu from this site, because it works on my r4i too. His _ds_menu.dat starts, then i start the ysmenu.nds and then pokemon. It creat a new save file and a ttmenu.sys file, then the game loads and a white screen appear. If i start another pokemon rom it show me that message: errcode=-4. So i decided to wait but if it works on my r4 why doesn´t it work on his?

Can someone help me with the whitescreen or does someone have an other version of the _ds_menu.dat?
I only have found the v1.18

Seg22

PS: Sorry for that bad english, i´m from germany^^

fahsky

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks again for all the awesome work you do, RGF!

Is there a chance in the future you could offer only your update, without the extras? I'm stuck in the boonies with a terrible connection, & 17mb takes me over an hour to download - bleh. lol

I love your work, I'm a big fan, thank you thank you thank you!!
yaynds.gif

iPrincey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, the game works on desmume emulator but it's still not working on my R4 SDHC :/ Black screen after talking to the professor. Helps please?

Does my microSD have any play in it at all? I have a 4GB Kingston, if I go out and buy a 8GB will it work?

bootpod

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
5602 - De Blob 2 ( Europe), sorry if I'm jumping the gun here, I haven't seen any other mentions of this game in the forum, is that just because of lack of interest?

No mention in "clean dumps not working", or other,- is this game in the pipeline ?

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
@Everyone,
v6.55 has been released and the front page has been ammended
smile.gif

bootpod said:
5602 - De Blob 2 ( Europe), sorry if I'm jumping the gun here, I haven't seen any other mentions of this game in the forum, is that just because of lack of interest?

No mention in "clean dumps not working", or other,- is this game in the pipeline ?
De Blob 2 was fixed in v6.52

bitonio6

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
retrogamefan said:
@Everyone,
v6.55 has been released and the front page has been ammended
smile.gif

bootpod said:

De Blob 2 was fixed in v6.52

Have you seen the new r4patch and ttpatch to avoid the error code 5 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BunnyPinkie @ BunnyPinkie: Lol not me trying to get people to make an uncensor patch for imagine makeup artist