Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

EmoFish

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll try to setup my own docker environment, thanks for the explanation! When I start the standalone fMSX core and go to core information, it still says it is the bluemsx core. You're sure you've compiled the right core? Would love to test it out!

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'll try to setup my own docker environment, thanks for the explanation! When I start the standalone fMSX core and go to core information, it still says it is the bluemsx core. You're sure you've compiled the right core? Would love to test it out!
Pretty sure, I dont think I even have the Bluemsx source downloaded.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
there was psx core way back in maybe 1.7.6 between 1.8.0 Retroarch and then it discontinued. I still have the psx core in the file still hoping for n64 too with the psx core
I remember :) it was added to the buildbot too for a while. :P Hopefully something happens soon.

I saw this the other day and wondered of it was possible on the WiiU Browser? Does the WiiU Browser use java?
https://github.com/kootstra-rene/enge-js

ChiefReginod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't had much free time the past few weeks and it looks like I'm missing out on all the fun. I'm looking forward to building RetroArch Wii U with the instructions you guys have so kindly posted. Maybe now we can try to fix or revert some of the things that broke last year. :D

emanubit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I remember :) it was added to the buildbot too for a while. :P Hopefully something happens soon.

I saw this the other day and wondered of it was possible on the WiiU Browser? Does the WiiU Browser use java?
https://github.com/kootstra-rene/enge-js

Wii U browser does have a Javascript engine. But looking at the code for this particular emulator, it seems to run on WebGL, which is a technology the Wii U browser sadly does not support :(

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: emanubit

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It doesn't matter, it's not like it was going to get any faster if it were compiled today lol
I forgot how crash happy Cores were back then, wow. I haven't even managed to get ingame with Megaman x5 (even though I made a vid way back when of me doing exactly that lol)
I cant get the FPS to display either :/ that was actually what I wanted the Core for, to see what FPS Megaman x5 actually ran at.. I said in the vid description back then it was 6fps but I actually think it was faster than that but since the damn FPS wont display I cant tell :P
WiiU can be so fun sometimes lol

I hate to be that guy, but why on earth did they include a PSX core for this port if it dynarec was never going to happen?
Everyone was confident back then that the Dynarec was just a matter of time.

Last edited by ploggy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot how crash happy Cores were back then, wow. I haven't even managed to get ingame with Megaman x5 (even though I made a vid way back when of me doing exactly that lol)
I cant get the FPS to display either :/ that was actually what I wanted the Core for, to see what FPS Megaman x5 actually ran at.. I said in the vid description back then it was 6fps but I actually think it was faster than that but since the damn FPS wont display I cant tell :P
WiiU can be so fun sometimes lol

Everyone was confident back then that the Dynarec was just a matter of time.

The RetroArch devs don't care about Wii U development, Switch homebrew development focus has made me cynical

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    AI needs money for AI drugs lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh +1