Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

MrKatanaObiWan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try deleting the config file.

Still no dice. It recreated the config, said "Welcome to Retroarch" again, but doesn't start browsing there (starts from USB and SD selection). I have both hdd and sd plugged in but set the file browser directory to the sd. Closed and relaunched still nope.

Also I guarantee this worked in a previous build.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So did you compile these builds yourself? Just wondering, because they need updated for USB support, which will also speed up the SD access. Still takes a LONG time to load roms for Stella. I even have them in separate folders by letter, and it still takes some time. I've got a complete collection of Atari roms, which includes everything, prototypes, hacks, etc.

Yeah I built them a while ago :) Iv'e tried building the newer ones but cant get it to work. I either get one to compile but get nothing but a black screen when testing it or I get a load of errors :(
It's just beyond my skill level. lol

EDIT:
Here are the libretro.a files for those Emulators maybe @FIX94 or @aliaspider can get them to work with the new updates?

Attachments

• Wiiu.a files.rar
    1.7 MB · Views: 174
Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: brienj

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Regarding my earlier issue with DSI Exception Errors, I have found that opening archive with core solved the issue.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, i see that libretro's fork of snes9x has already added msu-1 support, is this working on wiiu yet?

I don't know, I'd like to know this myself, I know it's in the GitHub branch a week or so back (or so I've been told), does anyone know if this works in the Wii U port @ploggy @qwertymodo ?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know, I'd like to know this myself, I know it's in the GitHub branch a week or so back (or so I've been told), does anyone know if this works in the Wii U port @ploggy @qwertymodo ?
I.....Think So? I just downloaded and patched Link it the Past DX and run it in the Snes9x core... and I have to say it sounds pretty damn good lol
The reason I'm not too sure is because it's a rom hack they could have just changed the normal sounds anyway. But to me it sounds better :)

Last edited by ploggy,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I.....Think So? I just downloaded and patched Link it the Past DX and run it in the Snes9x core... and I have to say it sounds pretty damn good lol
The reason I'm not too sure is because it's a rom hack they could have just changed the normal sounds anyway. But to me it sounds amazing :)

Hmm, are there MSU-1 ROMs you could test maybe?

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh, so you have the ROM, PCM files, etc? Huh, I wonder if save states break MSU-1 support though, as I know Snes9xGx had that flaw, will try myself :P
Yes the little buggers 350mb too

Yeah just tried to save state and music stopped (also dont use rewind) ;) You have to exit and re-enter an area for the music to come back. But apart from that Emulation speed and music quality is great :)

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: the_randomizer

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh. I'm even more surprised that no one else tried lol or even bothered to test it out lol, currently using Fix94's test build (the one with the libfat), I assume that would work fine :D
It does work with libfat build of snes9x. I'm enjoying fzero with msu1 now.
Edit: I'm using the latest nightly

Last edited by xtheman,

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes the little buggers 350mb too

Yeah just tried to save state and music stopped (also dont use rewind) ;) You have to exit and re-enter an area for the music to come back. But apart from that Emulation speed and music quality is great :)
Wait, how is your rom+audio files setup?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: https://youtu.be/ICjgg5eEFSw?si=qyxHdElodJEeR3aS