Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man I'd give a kidney for that Mupen64 core on my Wii U. xD

Dayum, Snes9x sounds perfect, over one hour of testing, no matter how many times I open and close the menu, audio is buttery smooth :blink::P

In my opinion, this has surpassed the Wii port in countless ways.

Edit: Yeah, tested Genesis Plus, Nestopia, Snes9x 1.53, mGBA....all I gotta say is, dayum... :D

Last edited by the_randomizer,

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Both TMNT games running on FBA! I've never played the arcade versions before, I think I can never go back to the NES/SNES versions. I love it so much, thanks a ton!

Reactions: the_randomizer

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Out of curiosity, what really happened to the Mednafen PSX core which was being distributed around for the Unofficial cores back in the Wii days?
Was it a fork made by someone else, or was it from the official repo?
Wouldn't that one be a good place to work with for the PPC Dynarec for said core on the Wii U instead of starting from scratch?

All I could find about it was this:
https://github.com/libretro/RetroArch/issues/584

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, what really happened to the Mednafen PSX core which was being distributed around for the Unofficial cores back in the Wii days?
Wouldn't that one be a good place to work with for the PPC Dynarec for said core on the Wii U instead of starting from scratch?

You're right, they can just use that one..

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Agreed, it could be a a good template to work off of, but ultimately, it's up to the RetroArch team, and that could give them a significant upper hand.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean, theoretically, it would be viable, but I'm not sure what they have in mind for the remaining cores such as Mupen64 and Mednafen PSX.
I know for sure Mupen64 was never ported to the Wii outside of Wii64/Not64, but Mednafen PSX did see a release in the Wii in some way or another, maybe the superior hardware the Wii U offers could make the core work better in terms of performance, or perhaps they want to start over with the dynarec for that core to hopefully give it a better performance, I don't know, but I'll surely be interesting to hear from them about that core.

Last edited by ShadowOne333,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?