Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Strange, they work for me. Does the Playlist entry name match to what it shows here?
Yes, my games folders are all named correctly..
Hang on it doesn't look like I have a Thumbnails folder? I assumed the folders were automatically created in the Retroarch folder?
It looks like the Overlays I downloaded from the Online Updater doesn't extract either? I thought Quarky fixed that.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hang on it doesn't look like I have a Thumbnails folder? I assumed the folders were automatically created in the Retroarch folder?
It looks like the Overlays I downloaded from the Online Updater doesn't extract either? I thought Quarky fixed that.
I've heard rumbles that it might be broken on CBHC/Haxchi FW, maybe try Mocha? You'll wanna pick it from the CBHC autoboot menu

GABO1423

Half the man he used to be.
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I've heard rumbles that it might be broken on CBHC/Haxchi FW, maybe try Mocha? You'll wanna pick it from the CBHC autoboot menu
Online Updater always fails to extract stuff for me on CBHC, I'll test on Mocha but I'm not sure it will make a difference.
I think you found your problem lol. And no, nightlies don't have that folder as part of the package. And RetroArch also did not automatically create it for me, had to make it manually.

Reactions: ploggy

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Same, the Retroarch just doesnt have overlay or thumbnail folders, theres also no download/extract progress bar when I try to download thumbnails either.

Online Updater always fails to extract stuff for me on CBHC, I'll test on Mocha but I'm not sure it will make a difference.

I think you found your problem lol. And no, nightlies don't have that folder as part of the package. And RetroArch also did not automatically create it for me, had to make it manually.
Well that would explain that :P maybe a PR to have all the necessary folders included with the nightlies would be a good thing?

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Same, the Retroarch just doesnt have overlay or thumbnail folders, theres also no download/extract progress bar when I try to download thumbnails either.
That is because the thumbnails don't come in zips, they are just raw png files. So that explains the lack of a extract bar. Besides not having a thumbnails folder, I don't know about why no download bar shows up though.

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is because the thumbnails don't come in zips, they are just raw png files. So that explains the lack of a extract bar. Besides not having a thumbnails folder, I don't know about why no download bar shows up though.
Ok, the reason why the progress bar wasnt appearing was the fact the thumbnail folder wasnt present, as soon as I created the thumbnail folder and set the path in the Directory settings the progress bar appears correctly :) (it must check if a thumbnail folder is present before downloading?)

New issue, now the thumbnail progress bar says its downloaded a thumb correctly but it doesnt appear in the playlist or in the thumbnail folder I created :P the folder is still empty?

What is your thumbnail path? SD:/retroarch/thumbnails ?

Last edited by ploggy,

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Ok, the reason why the Progress bar wasnt appearing was the fact the thumbnail folder wasnt present, as soon as I created the thumbnail folder and set the path in the Directory settings the progress bar appears correctly :) (it must check if a thumbnail folder is present before downloading?)

New issue, now the thumbnail progress bar says its downloaded a thumb correctly but it doesnt appear in the playlist or in the thumbnail folder I created :P the folder is still empty?

What is your thumbnail path? SD:/retroarch/thumbnails ?
Most likely it is either that, or you have to set the thumbnails directory yourself first in Settings > Directory.
Also yes, my path is indeed set to that.

EDIT: @QuarkTheAwesome it does seem that the files can't extract when using Haxchi, but it worked perfectly on Mocha...... weird.

Last edited by GABO1423,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@ploggy I updated all my cores through the Online Updater (since I know it did download and extracted then before), loaded up something like an NES game, but I'm still getting huge boot times of about 20+ seconds. I checked the loaded when the game booted up, and it did say 1.9.6, so I know they did update.

What did you do to make games load quicker? I'm running HBL through Haxchi gtw, no CFW.
Oh and the bigger download speed does work, all the cores downloaded super fast, just the WiiU freezes a bit for a couple seconds when starting each core download, and when it's extracting the cores, but really huge difference in download speed. It's just the boot speed's still lazy on me lol

Oh btw, does the standalone retroarch.rpx work now? Or does it still crash the console?

Last edited by ShadowOne333,
Reactions: ploggy

GABO1423

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@ploggy I updated all my cores through the Online Updater (since I know it did download and extracted then before), loaded up something like an NES game, but I'm still getting huge boot times of about 20+ seconds. I checked the loaded when the game booted up, and it did say 1.9.6, so I know they did update.

What did you do to make games load quicker? I'm running HBL through Haxchi gtw, no CFW.
Oh and the bigger download speed does work, all the cores downloaded super fast, just the WiiU freezes a bit for a couple seconds when starting each core download, and when it's extracting the cores, but really huge difference in download speed. It's just the boot speed's still lazy on me lol

Oh btw, does the standalone retroarch.rpx work now? Or does it still crash the console?
All I can confirm to you is that the standalone retroarch.rpx file still crashed the console when I tried it earlier using Mocha CFW at least. But I suspect Haxchi will show the same results.

Reactions: ShadowOne333

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Most likely it is either that, or you have to set the thumbnails directory yourself first in Settings > Directory.
Also yes, my path is indeed set to that.

EDIT: @QuarkTheAwesome it does seem that the files can't extract when using Haxchi, but it worked perfectly on Mocha...... weird.
Strange the thumbnails say they're downloading but dont actually download :P even tried with a usb drive too

I think my speed increase is due to me compressing my RPX Cores ?:P (I transferred over an uncompressed Snes Core and the load time went backup to 8 seconds_ :P didn't realise it reduced the load times.. I only tested to see if compressing helped pre Quarky's changes. (which it didn't) Then I just got into the habit of compressing them before I transfer them to SD :P

Last edited by ploggy,
Reactions: ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Strange the thumbnails say they're downloading but dont actually download :P even tried with a usb drive too

I think my speed increase is due to me compressing my RPX Cores ?:P (I transferred over an uncompressed Snes Core and the load time went backup to 8 seconds_ :P didn't realise it reduced the load times.. I only tested to see if compressing helped pre Quarky's changes. (which it didn't) Then I just got into the habit of compressing them before I transfer them to SD :P
Have you mentioned the compression method to Quark?
Maybe he could apply the compression to the WiiU cores during Buildbot compilation.

Oh btw, I think the ROMs themselves need to have a very specific nomenclature in order for the Thumbnails to be downloaded properly.
If you have a custom name or something slightly different from the Thumbnail as how they are in the RetroArch Thumbnail repository, they won't download.
Here's the Thumbnail repo:
https://github.com/libretro/libretro-thumbnails

Check if the game you're trying to download is named like that, if not, try renaming it in-app and then try downloading the Thumbnail again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Well Charlie Sheen has tiger blood....