Homebrew Official Retroarch WiiU (wip.)

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Any news on PSX emulation? I've seen the Beetle PSX Core is up there but I've no idea if it works well. There's something about needing to the and ARM something something, right? I understand squat about programming.

Also, which would you guys say is the best core for Arcade emulation, CPS2 and the like? I used to use FBA, but every once in a while I'd get a "Memory full" system warning and would have to turn the system off. Happened randomly, as well; sometimes the game would load just fine, sometimes said event would happen. No idea what triggered it, if anything specific.

SG854

Hail Mary
Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
Any news on PSX emulation? I've seen the Beetle PSX Core is up there but I've no idea if it works well. There's something about needing to the and ARM something something, right? I understand squat about programming.

Also, which would you guys say is the best core for Arcade emulation, CPS2 and the like? I used to use FBA, but every once in a while I'd get a "Memory full" system warning and would have to turn the system off. Happened randomly, as well; sometimes the game would load just fine, sometimes said event would happen. No idea what triggered it, if anything specific.
For CPS2 games I use FBA2012 it doesn’t work good with FBA basic.
For CPS1 and Neogeo FBA

Reactions: YukidaruPunch

marcof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi.
I'm trying to run Retroarch on the Wii U. So far so good. I'm only missing the shaders support.

From what I've read there is still no support. Is this correct?

MF

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi.
I'm trying to run Retroarch on the Wii U. So far so good. I'm only missing the shaders support.

From what I've read there is still no support. Is this correct?

MF
AFAIK, it's still not supported. Best bet you could get is a Video Filter for an NTSC effect, these work. (At least on Snes and NES, not on Mega Drive unfortunately. At least with Contra Hard Corps the image was all messed up.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, it's still not supported. Best bet you could get is a Video Filter for an NTSC effect, these work. (At least on Snes and NES, not on Mega Drive unfortunately. At least with Contra Hard Corps the image was all messed up.)

You can still "use them" but it's a pain to get them since we're not allowed to share them, copyright BS and so on.

Feffe

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I updated Retroarch after... 2 years I think (when I used it it still had rgui). How do I access the general settings where I can customize the button layout, aspect ratio etc.?

Barelands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello, I have a problem with playlist making. I can get RetroArch to show the playlists, but without thumbnails and also it won't run any game. I can run my games fine through "load content", but not from the playlists. I've tried a lot of paths and options combinations with the Playlist Buddy software but it just won't work. Any clue what I could be doing wrong?

Edit: Also, RetroArch says "File could not be loaded from playlist." when I try to run a game from any playlist.

Last edited by Barelands,

Barelands

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
You are not putting the paths correctly most probably the sd:/xpto/xyz paths.

MF

Figured out why the games weren't running. Still, thumbnails won't show, I'm pretty sure the file paths are not the issue. When I try to open on my PC an image downloaded by the Playlist Buddy software, it won't show and a message appears saying that it can't be opened. I guess they are corrupted.

Thanks anyway.

marcof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Figured out why the games weren't running. Still, thumbnails won't show, I'm pretty sure the file paths are not the issue. When I try to open on my PC an image downloaded by the Playlist Buddy software, it won't show and a message appears saying that it can't be opened. I guess they are corrupted.

Thanks anyway.

I've had exactly the same problems. U must check the path names. They must be correctly. For instance in the mega drive from set my problem was that I was writing Mega drive instead of Mega Drive. Check that... if u have any picture I can test that for u.

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You can still "use them" but it's a pain to get them since we're not allowed to share them, copyright BS and so on.
No idea these were even copyrighted!

Also, to the guy who was asking here before: it case what you like is some sweet NTSC effects that TOTALLY DISTORT YOUR IMAGE QUALITY BUT MAKE ME REMEMBER WHAT THE '90s WERE ALL ABOUT, I just discovered the Genesis Plus core has some of those on its Core Options. Neat.

Reactions: marcof

marcof

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

Also, to the guy who was asking here before: it case what you like is some sweet NTSC effects that TOTALLY DISTORT YOUR IMAGE QUALITY BUT MAKE ME REMEMBER WHAT THE '90s WERE ALL ABOUT, I just discovered the Genesis Plus core has some of those on its Core Options. Neat.
How!!!?

I would love to have the CRT shaders on my retroarch Wii U port....

MF

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How!!!?

I would love to have the CRT shaders on my retroarch Wii U port....

MF
While totally not the same as some of those CRT shaders, you can set up an NTSC effect on the Core Options page. Just search there and you can see some filters alongside many other options.

Also, a bit off-topic, to anyone who's a native English speaker: is it "an NTSC effect" or "a NTSC effect"? 'Cause I'm pretty sure it's the former, yet can't for the life of me explain why.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It needs the Wii U SDK to compile, and it's copyrighted, so, it sucks it happened.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I must be really thick because all I can get with this is booted back to HBL. Can someone please explain how you set this thing up???

I have the retroarch folder on sd root and within i have cores, media (with xmb and a load of other folders), roms folder and a cfg file.
My wiiu folder has the retroarch rpx folder and a few Mame and Genesis rpx folders.

Every time I boot any of those rpx files i go right back to HBL. What am I doing wrong???

edit, gensplus gx loaded retroarch but again, choosing a core boots me back to hbl. I'm so sad!!!!

nevermind, i was using elfs not rpxs....apparently i am thick!!

Last edited by Lostbhoy,

YukidaruPunch

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I must be really thick because all I can get with this is booted back to HBL. Can someone please explain how you set this thing up???

I have the retroarch folder on sd root and within i have cores, media (with xmb and a load of other folders), roms folder and a cfg file.
My wiiu folder has the retroarch rpx folder and a few Mame and Genesis rpx folders.

Every time I boot any of those rpx files i go right back to HBL. What am I doing wrong???

edit, gensplus gx loaded retroarch but again, choosing a core boots me back to hbl. I'm so sad!!!!

nevermind, i was using elfs not rpxs....apparently i am thick!!
Try watching some tutorial on YouTube. I stumbled like hell my first time trying to set it up too, but not I don't even know what I was doing wrong. Once you get it right, be sure to backup your Retroarch files to a specific folder on your PC so this doesn't happen anymore.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your reply, i got it working as i somehow managed to download the elf folder and the rpx folder and got them all mixed up! (i really dont know how i did that!)
Went back and started fresh and got it loading games now! My daughter loves the simpsons arcade so she'll be happy now!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Look at you holding tiny things